Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Ulloa new contract

Just now, NotTheMarketLeader said:

An unjust penalty was awarded and it proved the difference between the two sides.

Hyperbole?

Stop writing shit dressed up with 'fancy' words.

And had the penalty not been awarded, therefore we'd have qualified?

Stop writing nonsensical hypothetical arguments.

15 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

What you said is, at best, hyperbole. We lost, and one bad refereeing decision doesn't mean we were robbed.

Well I think it does. A penalty is quite a massive decision in a football match/tie. You can't say it isn't.

Besides, we're not just talking about a penalty here, we're talking about 2 games of extremely biased refereeing in favour of a side who try to buy cheap free kicks (in other words, dived) whenever they could yet were allowed to hack our players down without punishment.

It was an absolute disgrace of a tie, typical of what English teams have to deal with in Europe. The officiating in that competition is a joke to the extent where it's unwatchable. In fact for that reason I never, ever watch it apart from last season because we were in it.

17 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

And had the penalty not been awarded, therefore we'd have qualified?

Stop writing nonsensical hypothetical arguments.

Well obviously we'd have had a much better chance!

Are you actually seriously trying to suggest that them getting a dodgy penalty didn't significantly harm our chances of getting through?

Just now, Kitchandro said:

Well I think it does. A penalty is quite a massive decision in a football match/tie. You can't say it isn't.

Besides, we're not just talking about a penalty here, we're talking about 2 games of extremely biased refereeing in favour of a side who try to buy cheap free kicks (in other words, dived) whenever they could yet were allowed to hack our players down without punishment.

It was an absolute disgrace of a tie, typical of what English teams have to deal with in Europe. The officiating in that competition is a joke to the extent where it's unwatchable. In fact for that reason I never, ever watch it apart from last season because we were in it.

Ok then - I'll simply say I disagree about the refereeing, and leave it at that. Yes a penalty is massive, but none of us can predict what might have happened had it not been awarded. 

Ulloa, now, would be perfect for a relegation-threatened side that heavily relies on set-pieces.

As he's slow and clumsy at times, therefore, our quick style of play up-front doesn't suit him anymore.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Ok then - I'll simply say I disagree about the refereeing, and leave it at that. Yes a penalty is massive, but none of us can predict what might have happened had it not been awarded. 

Well I think that says it all about you then.

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

Well obviously we'd have had a much better chance!

Are yu actually seriously trying to suggest that them getting a dodgy penalty didn't significantly harm our chances of getting through?

No, I'm simply making an entirely valid point - that by NOT awarding the penalty, we cannot guarantee we'd have progressed.

I haven't yet seen a tweet from Ulloa or City to this effect. Until then I'll continue to believe that the club has some sense - financial and common and that we're not re-signing a redundant, useless, cry-baby snake.

2 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Please tell me this is a joke?!

He is not good enough and will not play, we must have given his a decent wedge to shut him up.

IMO slim will be sold that's why ulloa has signed a new contract. Musa. Slim. On way out. I hope I'm wrong. Ulloa was shocking against Sheffield last night. Was impressed with slim though. 

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Ridiculous if we get rid of Slim over Ulloa, but can't see it being much else if this is true.

No way. Doesn't compute.

Slimani is going nowhere.

Archived