Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Leicester Tigers

5 hours ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I have always thought that Murphy would make a better manager. It is odd that M.A. leaves now, rather than at the end of last season. Geordan will have his work cut out, because he won't be able to change things overnight. I really hope he will be given the permanent job..

I don't. They need to go out and find the best man for the job. The last few DOR/head coaches have all been former players/coaches and the club needs a real shake up and a fresh outlook. The game has moved and we need someone to bring us up to speed. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Absolute shambles...do we even have a defence coach now? Imagine 10 or so years ago thinking we would be not only losing at home, but shipping over 40 points to Worcester.

Murphy has to start from square one..with our defence,it has been missing for a few seasons.This problem won't be solved for awhile yet.I

Ten years ago,was another dimension for Leicester. We had top players,who knew their all round game,and knew how to work themselves

With the team,but still hold those individual skills. We are no longer that successfull team where everybody,wanted to play for us.

Cottrell was a great coach,but he,and we has a club slipped too deep into medicrocy,in his latter years,then we chose the wrong coach

to take over....

Murphy is Leicester Tigers through and through.....I reckon he will get it right,if supported away from the pitch.We should still manage 4-6.

But it could take a good 2 seasons,to get us back to being that European competitive top team......

We have the players,style,..pace,and quality. Technically good individual tacklers..we have to get back to learning to defend has a team.

Probably the type of defeat so early in the season can be our saving grace..... " If the team and squad can understand that pain,and again

start to defend as a team...like when they attack...

A taboo theme awhile back...but I question have we seen the best of Manu,a legend has just been consistently hit with injuries,

and now again...Maybe hard decisions have to be made.....

.The Youngs brothers are in the twilight of their great careers,Leicester..need to discover from within and outside,

Players,who like the Youngs ,Cole and Ford who understand what it means to be a Tiger,even at 2nd team and reserve level.

We Thankfully have May,who has been a great addition ..but for him to score those winning trys,we need to see more

I am a "Leicester Tiger"...mentality from a few others....

The whole squad is really not far off,but it seems they still have to work on their gameday discipline and concentration ...

Know ,feel,and understand ,what it means to pull on that great shirt,what club tradition you carry from changing room,

Try-line inner club ghosts,and that proud spirit that runs through admin staff,through to the coaching team who carry

a unique character responibility and a full understanding of transferring that club aurora  to the field of what being a Tiger means.

Murphy is that major link at the top,who understands that,plus his quality coaching stature,that will get the players again working

Has a team of Tigers...

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, isaidno said:

37-11 down at home. Levelled it up at 37-37 before losing to a late try. Against Worcester. At home. 

Fantastic isn’t it. Here’s hoping it’s relegation for them. 

On 05/09/2018 at 10:33, BenTheFox said:

I don't. They need to go out and find the best man for the job. The last few DOR/head coaches have all been former players/coaches and the club needs a real shake up and a fresh outlook. The game has moved and we need someone to bring us up to speed. 

We have a good successfull tradition with former players and coaches.

That's what gave us our character and ethos ,importantly the base to our success!!

IMO...Murphy is the Man

• 3 weeks later...

Major problems, not just in defending, but also in the lineouts. It's all extremely worrying. We are scrummaging, better, but we have one hell of a long way to go. I cannot envisage our getting very far in Europe again this season, or even the top four of the Premiership.

Looking back over the years, we not only had quality players, but players who were passionate about the Club, and were always working for one another.They were in effect   a true team, with a die hard attitude, which is something that is not apparent today.

I also believe that our choice of new players in the scrum has been pretty poor, with too many average players The likes of Cole, Genge, and Denton, are really good, and have the true quality we require.

We really do have to bring in better quality players, before next season, and on a final note, we need to look hard at the absence of Manu, through so much injury.

8 hours ago, SystonFox said:

I’m sure I’ve asked you this before but why so much hate towards Tigers ?

At this point it's just fishing because he expects someone to bite. I think it's meant to be "banter."

But it's apparently because the nasty Tigers fans are judgemental of the poor City fans. It's a complete load of bollocks, there is a fringe group of Tigers fans that cheer if City lose as well. 

Both are plonkers tbfh. 

A good 95% of both Tigers and City fans that I know day to day want pretty much every sports team in the city to win, I'm not sure why you wouldn't really, unless you've an obvious conflict (ie I hope you lose on Friday!) 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SystonFox said:

I’m sure I’ve asked you this before but why so much hate towards Tigers ?

It’s their die hard fans that go week in week out that absolutely despise the football club and think they’re so much better than everyone else. Snobbery at its finest and I just can’t stand it. 

10 hours ago, leicsmac said:

IIRC it's some kind of perceived class argument based on how (apparently) a few Tigers fans act.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

At this point it's just fishing because he expects someone to bite. I think it's meant to be "banter."

But it's apparently because the nasty Tigers fans are judgemental of the poor City fans. It's a complete load of bollocks, there is a fringe group of Tigers fans that cheer if City lose as well. 

Both are plonkers tbfh. 

A good 95% of both Tigers and City fans that I know day to day want pretty much every sports team in the city to win, I'm not sure why you wouldn't really, unless you've an obvious conflict (ie I hope you lose on Friday!) 

It’s not just something I’ve randomly made up either. I’ve seen it first hand, I’ve been to Tigers games and heard it all with my own ears. I was all for them doing well and like the majority wanted them to do well because they’re Leicester. 

13 minutes ago, Bert said:

It’s not just something I’ve randomly made up either. I’ve seen it first hand, I’ve been to Tigers games and heard it all with my own ears. I was all for them doing well and like the majority wanted them to do well because they’re Leicester. 

It's not something you've made up but it is a tiny minority of Tigers fans just as its a tiny minority of City fans. 

Neither side are better or worse than the other, they're both very strange and very bitter just looking for something to dislike. Even I'm not that petty and I do hate for the most pointless of reasons lol

I've been at Tigers games with my dad where he's checked the City score and 9/10 people around him want to know and hope we're winning, there's often that one nob head that gets uppity because it's a rugby match and we aren't supposed to care. 

But so what? If you want Tigers to lose just because of the odd nob head like that you're just as bad as they are because you're doing exactly the same thing lol

They only do it because they think that City fans hate them which is exactly the same thing City fans get defensive about. 

Edit: just one more point, keep in mind that Tigers attract fans from all over the East Midlands, including Nottingham and Derby, so there's also going to be Tigers fans that don't like City because they support another club. 

Edit edit: oh but 99.999% of the sort of "rugby bros" dicks that call football Wendyball and sneer about how weedy footballers are are mostly little public school bells that'd get ****ing ruined if they ever looked at Wasyl the wrong way.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

What an odd view to hold.

Any Leicester sports team doing well boosts the profile of Leicester as a whole, success can generally boost the local economy, and that's without the simple fact its a local team. 

Childish, if anything.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

What an odd view to hold.

Any Leicester sports team doing well boosts the profile of Leicester as a whole, success can generally boost the local economy, and that's without the simple fact its a local team. 

Childish, if anything.

You have your view, I have mine. Which is totally fine. If people don’t like what I think I can’t and won’t try and change it. Love the county, and like to see the riders doing (not to keen on b’ball). 

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

You have your view, I have mine. Which is totally fine. If people don’t like what I think I can’t and won’t try and change it. Love the county, and like to see the riders doing (not to keen on b’ball). 

That's fair enough, and if you simply didn't like Tigers that's understandable. But to state you'd like to see them relegated seems a pretty extreme position seeing as they're a decent employer in the City. I've never been a massive rugby fan and never watched a Tigers game live, but for years whether we like it or not they were the premier sports team in Leicester, they were producing international talent and winning Championships. The roles have reversed somewhat but they've contributed to the City over the years and I don't see what a couple of mean words from the nobs in their fanbase or just shite banter had to do with it. A section of our fanbase has said an array of homophobic, racist or just knuckle-dragging comments and chants but I don't hate Leicester City because of that.

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Like 1

On 24/09/2018 at 13:10, Bert said:

Fantastic isn’t it. Here’s hoping it’s relegation for them. 

Your skirt's showing Bert. Jealousy is an evil emotion.

58 minutes ago, Bert said:

It’s their die hard fans that go week in week out that absolutely despise the football club and think they’re so much better than everyone else. Snobbery at its finest and I just can’t stand it. 

Aren't you showing inverted snobbery?

Edited by Guest

49 minutes ago, FIF said:

Your skirt's showing Bert. Jealousy is an evil emotion.

Aren't you showing inverted snobbery?

Jealousy? lol 

You can perceive it how you like, but this is a two way street. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/10/2018 at 10:42, Bert said:

The attitude of tigers fans goes back over 3 decades.

In the 1980's when tigers were, in their own minority sport sort of way, a sucessful side, probably along with Bath, the best in the country.

City on the other hand were, all in all, not a great & certainly not a sucessful football team. I remember well the condescending looks & smirks, grins & comments from the egg chasers every time we had a poor result & they were cock-a-hoop after glorious victories against the likes of Orrell,  Rhoslyn park, London Welsh etc.

Things may have changed a bit since then but there is still a huge, misplaced superiority complex eminating from our neighbours.

12 hours ago, boots60 said:

The attitude of tigers fans goes back over 3 decades.

In the 1980's when tigers were, in their own minority sport sort of way, a sucessful side, probably along with Bath, the best in the country.

City on the other hand were, all in all, not a great & certainly not a sucessful football team. I remember well the condescending looks & smirks, grins & comments from the egg chasers every time we had a poor result & they were cock-a-hoop after glorious victories against the likes of Orrell,  Rhoslyn park, London Welsh etc.

Things may have changed a bit since then but there is still a huge, misplaced superiority complex eminating from our neighbours.

I've been a Tigers fan ,Foxes football and cricket fan, not forgetting all other sports..for over 60 years....

listened from all sides of the Banter....couldn't care....what some dozels think,or spout out!!!

no matter what sport it's great to have youngsters who want to get involved!!!

I have competed for my city,my shire,my region,my Land....it was best part of my life,and the competitive companionship,across the sports,

plus the social handshaking,and support  at all levels should never be demeaned or taken for granted....

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1