Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Malta v England, WC Qualifier - 1/9/2017 @ 19:45

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Kane's ball for Welbeck's goal has superb. I have to admit he's not a bad player sometimes.

he's an abomination of a footballer, don't let anyone or anything try and tell you otherwise x 

Look at Scotland and Lithuania..they ran and had pace ..

Why since the 80s do I always see an English defence and midfield just walk, then go back to their clubs, and run around

Like crazy but successfull Banshis.

Rashford who showed more appetite ,2-3 times stopped when continuing his drive forward would have produced chances.

Outside Vardy and Kane, English players arecscared of running more than 10 meters, without stopping ghen checking inside,

at the wrong moments. Sterling/oxford-chamberlain dont use their strengths or running skills. Ali bursts for Spurs,

go missing in an England shirt even when he has space...Wilshere was our last midfielder who always made bursting runs.

3 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

We're always the same, doesn't matter who the manager is, what players are picked, we're so incredibly predictable, we never change, no wonder any half decent team has our number.

I can't understand why we persist with 4-2-3-1. It doesn't fit this group of players.

10 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

We're always the same, doesn't matter who the manager is, what players are picked, we're so incredibly predictable, we never change, no wonder any half decent team has our number.

The only time I remember us being remotely entertaining in qualifiers was under Capello. Either side of the 2010 qualifiers we labour to victory against virtually anyone who others seem to thump without remorse.

I know winning 9-0 doesn't mean anything significant but that was turgid last night. Plus the gruesome twosome of Tyldesley and Hoddle on commentary.

More and more people are getting turned off by England and international games game by game.

Even diehards.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/england-saved-by-late-show-after-fans-head-for-pub-9gm3h5vr2?shareToken=83ba544f757c35cdad098c42caf79f64

Also shown by struggling to sell tickets to see England at Wembley, so many empty seats, I must say i'm surprised there aren't more though.

I was listening to TalkSport and there is an advert on there advertising England at Wembley tickets, a load England chants followed by 'England at Wembley, you just can't describe it'...erm, you can, 'Shit' springs to mind.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

The only time I remember us being remotely entertaining in qualifiers was under Capello. Either side of the 2010 qualifiers we labour to victory against virtually anyone who others seem to thump without remorse.

I know winning 9-0 doesn't mean anything significant but that was turgid last night. Plus the gruesome twosome of Tyldesley and Hoddle on commentary.

Agreed, as for tyldesley he really is awful, so uncritical, almost jingoistic, maybe that's how they're told to be like, but listening to him you'd think we were regular world beaters instead of complete failures who constantly play unimaginative football.

And it has to be the worst atmosphere I've ever heard for an England match, nothing from the home fans and I can't remember any songs from England fans after the first few minutes.

Maybe they were all asleep?

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I mean that is just unbelievable

I was looking to lay it off from about 20 minutes in & cut my losses, but the liability was huge.  Decided to just take it on the chin.

Luckily, Malta decided to stand still for the last 5 minutes

I didn't watch the game, I've given up on watching England unless we are in a tournament. It's not that I dislike England.. I just don't have the confidence in the management and tactics. Am I correct in saying we were playing a defensive midfielder against Malta? Why?

I don't consider the players to be "bad", the issues around the England team are caused by poor tactics and safe, stale senior management. The players are choked by tactics and formation that do not allow for creativity, flair, guile and risk. So we play it safe and hope we nick a goal!

It sounds as though the scoreline is not an accurate representation of the game, unless we have a manager who wants to give England an identity and willing to take risks than I'm afraid our players will be choked and we will not be competitive.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

More and more people are getting turned off by England and international games game by game.

Even diehards.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/england-saved-by-late-show-after-fans-head-for-pub-9gm3h5vr2?shareToken=83ba544f757c35cdad098c42caf79f64

Also shown by struggling to sell tickets to see England at Wembley, so many empty seats, I must say i'm surprised there aren't more though.

I was listening to TalkSport and there is an advert on there advertising England at Wembley tickets, a load England chants followed by 'England at Wembley, you just can't describe it'...erm, you can, 'Shit' springs to mind.

lol I, every time without fail, sneer at that advert.

Archived