Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Interesting, makes a mockery of the transfer window system when domestic bodies can set whatever date they want but then FIFA over rule?

They don't overule, if we didn't meet the deadline or there was an error stopping us uploading etc. It's Fifa who have final say I believe.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Interesting, makes a mockery of the transfer window system when domestic bodies can set whatever date they want but then FIFA over rule?

I'll try and find the links later when I'm not on my phone gives you an idea of the process.

1 minute ago, HoustonFox said:

He's a true CM.  Good passer, interceptor and can put his foot in too.  Bit more mobile than Drinky but not as strong.  

That's where Ndidi and Iborra come in :scarf:

Pretty tasty midfield if we can switch to 3 in the middle

Quote from my Portuguese friend (Porto fan):

"He is very good, much better than William Carvalho.  Mentally very strong, great vision, tactically perfect.  You may not notice him a lot but he controls and organizes the midfield almost alone. It's a great signing for sure"

#spaff

6 years ago something similar happened with Yannick Djaló's move to french club Nice. I think there's a review process involved to make sure all the deadlines were met, and all the paperwork was done according to the rules and on time.

I hope everything is approved, because last time FIFA determined that the paperwork was filed after the deadline, and it was a mess to straighten it out. FIFA fumbled the appeal, then the Sports Arbitration Tribunal ruled against them. Nice refused to pay, wanting to send the player back to Sporting, but we'd already signed the contract termination with him, so then a complaint was lodged with FIFA that eventually saw them paying what they owed.

Like I said, a gigantic mess.

3 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

He's a true CM.  Good passer, interceptor and can put his foot in too.  Bit more mobile than Drinky but not as strong.  

That's great, we now have decent MF in Silva, Ndidi, Iborra and James.

I'm worried about King though..

Just now, HoustonFox said:

Quote from my Portuguese friend (Porto fan):

"He is very good, much better than William Carvalho.  Mentally very strong, great vision, tactically perfect.  You may not notice him a lot but he controls and organizes the midfield almost alone. It's a great signing for sure"

#spaff

I don't think he's better or worse than William, but he's a great player indeed.

Has no problem in doing what's needed, even if it means being practically invisible for 90 minutes. Case in point, Portugal's game against Croacia in Euro 2016. Offensively, he did nothing, but because of him, neither did Modric.

He does, however, need to learn how to take free kicks.

4 minutes ago, SCP4Ever said:

6 years ago something similar happened with Yannick Djaló's move to french club Nice. I think there's a review process involved to make sure all the deadlines were met, and all the paperwork was done according to the rules and on time.

I hope everything is approved, because last time FIFA determined that the paperwork was filed after the deadline, and it was a mess to straighten it out. FIFA fumbled the appeal, then the Sports Arbitration Tribunal ruled against them. Nice refused to pay, wanting to send the player back to Sporting, but we'd already signed the contract termination with him, so then a complaint was lodged with FIFA that eventually saw them paying what they owed.

Like I said, a gigantic mess.

Can you prove they paid, as far as I can see he never signed for them, stayed with you and left on a free a year or so later. You don't get to keep the money and the player. The arbitration panel said he was a Sporting player after the transfer failed.

Silvas mother says silvas hurrying

hes catching the 9 oclock train

silvas mother says take your umbrella

cos in Leicester it always rains

And Silvss mother says thankyou for calling

and sir you can call back again

And fifa  says 4 mil more for the next 4 years

Please Mrs Silva I just gotta talk to him...

I'll only keep him awhile

I just want to tell him , its going to be nice

to have him at the KP for awhile

Silvas mother says, CS seems a nice man

Then fifa says....4 mil more for the next 4 years..

Yup nice mum that Silvas mother..!!

9 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

I would love it if he plays vs Chelsea and bosses Drinkwater all match.

Surely the team have to be up for this, playing against the CM pairing that won the league with us then handed in transfer requests!

Doubtful. Silva will be on the pitch, DD won't. 

1 minute ago, SCP4Ever said:

I don't think he's better or worse than William, but he's a great player indeed.

Has no problem in doing what's needed, even if it means being practically invisible for 90 minutes. Case in point, Portugal's game against Croacia in Euro 2016. Offensively, he did nothing, but because of him, neither did Modric.

He does, however, need to learn how to take free kicks.

Thank you for follow up and glad you agree on attributes, and that's what's important. I think comparing players is always dangerous - like I said, it was from my good friend who is a Porto fan.  He has some very nice things to say about him (unlike us with Will Hughes for example! lol ). Also credited his professionalism for giving a 100% after not being allowed to join us last Summer too.  

Hope you stick around to follow us now we have two (well one confirmed!) former SCP players, would love it to turn into a love affair with the Foxes too.  @LisbonFoxes is still available I think! :cheers:

Archived