Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

If this is true;

We sent paperwork seconds before midnight.

paperwork was received seconds after midnight.

Then surely any reasonable person would consider that to be before the deadline, and as English law, and a good proportion of world law is based on the perception of the "reasonable man" then we have extremely good grounds for appeal.

Trouble is FIFA hate all things English so it'll be like negotiating with the EU!!

why did we wait for seconds and not send it hours earlier is the question?

It seems we prioritised getting danny over the line before silva, its only money which we got plenty off, it should not have been a requirement to get danny over the line first. Likewise we clearly spend too much getting deals agreed, over haggling to save pennies.

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

still no blame on rudkin and his staff right?

If we didnt haggle we would have done it in time.

So whatever we saved from haggling be it 5 million or whatever it seems we lost the player for at least 6 months.  Is it worth it?

So you know that it was down to us haggling rather than Sporting just upping the price at the last minute?

1 hour ago, katieakita said:

Some of us really need to take a look at ourselves as it appears some would rather this fail so they can have a pop at the pantomime villain. The fact it is coming out that a deadline was missed by 11 then 14 secs if correct puts pressure on FIFA. Common sense has to prevail rather than going through courts of appeal. FIFA were made aware that a transfer was pending hence the time extension everybody seems happy except someone at FIFA and an argument about a few seconds. Cannot see anyway an appeal would or could fail 

The problem is an appeal takes time.  

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

It seems we prioritised getting danny over the line before silva, its only money which we got plenty off, it should not have been a requirement to get danny over the line first. Likewise we clearly spend too much getting deals agreed, over haggling to save pennies.

Because we didn't want or need both Drinkwater & Silva?

May not have been able to offload Drinkwater in January and certainly not for £35m (we had Chelsea over a barrel).

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

The way I have seen it explained is that apparently sporting needed to issue a international transfer certificate before we could submit the paperwork 

they issued it at the last minute causing us to start the transfer of paperwork late 

the first of multiple sheets of paperwork was starting to be sent before the deadline and it seems it was the very last sheet that was 14 seconds past the deadline 

This is all on us I'm afraid.

We took it to the wire and got burned.

If FIFA state all registrations have to be received by 1am, then that's it.  They have to draw a line in the sand regardless of  if it was sent twenty seconds earlier, if it was received after the deadline that's it.

We had an additional two hours and still managed to mess this up.

8 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

still no blame on rudkin and his staff right?

If we didnt haggle we would have done it in time.

So whatever we saved from haggling be it 5 million or whatever it seems we lost the player for at least 6 months.  Is it worth it?

I don’t think it’s right to blame anyone at LCFC.

The fault really lies with the transfer window system. Chelsea came in and brought one of  our players at the last minute. We could have denied Drinkwater his dream move, I suppose. But that wouldn’t be right.

FIFA need to show some common sense and realise that we had very little time to process Drinkwater’s replacement, which is the reason that we were 14 seconds late!! We haven’t been negligent. And Adrien Silva has done absolutely nothing wrong.

No-one is to blame, apart from FIFA for their ridiculous application of a rule, ignoring the circumstances which led to the miniscule delay.

5 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

You'd think FIFA would be a little more flexible with it all since it sounds like a technology issue re. the last document downloading 14 second after the window closed, I could understand if they all were downloaded after the time but it sounds like the process of downloading the documents was already in action before the deadline. 

Though I'm pretty sure if this was Barca or Real Madrid they'd let it slide 

6 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

The fault really lies with the transfer window system. Chelsea came in and brought one of  our players at the last minute. We could have denied Drinkwater his dream move, I suppose. But that wouldn’t be right.

FIFA need to show some common sense and realise that we had very little time to process Drinkwater’s replacement, which is the reason that we were 14 seconds late!! We haven’t been negligent. And Adrien Silva has done absolutely nothing wrong.

No-one is to blame, apart from FIFA for their ridiculous application of a rule, ignoring the circumstances which led to the miniscule delay.

it is our fault ultimately though and someone is accountable! We should of said to Chelsea.. if you have not met 35 million by this date then he is not going anywhere. this would of avoided a last minute rush around.

3 minutes ago, Livid said:

This is all on us I'm afraid.

We took it to the wire and got burned.

If FIFA state all registrations have to be received by 1am, then that's it.  They have to draw a line in the sand regardless of  if it was sent twenty seconds earlier, if it was received after the deadline that's it.

We had an additional two hours and still managed to mess this up.

It could be as simple as this but this could very easily be challenged. All down to wording expect a successful appeal if needs be

Well, if the deal really doesn't go through because FIFA are arguing over 11 to 14 seconds of delay, then we have definitely become a bit of a laughing stock to the (not-so-knowledgable) public.

The blame isn't just on our side, it's a combination of many elements. The two clubs, FIFA, human error & technical difficulties.

Having to rush things certainly didn't help completing all paperwork.

7 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

So you know that it was down to us haggling rather than Sporting just upping the price at the last minute?

Both is haggling, if we sealed the deal immediately then they get no opportunity to raise the price.

They upped it because

1 - We delayed.

2 - It got closer to the deadline which means we become more desperate.

All we had to do was overbid for the player and sign IMMEDIATELY upon agreement, its hardly rocket science is it.

I am now questioning the owner's commitment, either rudkin is over haggling of his own back, or has been instructed to by the owners who want to maximise profits.

Its like if you see something you want on offer in a shop, its prudent to snap it up there and them if you blink the offer could be gone.

This is all about money, put the jigsaw together.

1 - Was a requirement for drinkwater to be done first, and at the right price. - MONEY

2 - Was weeks since we originally agreed a deal with lisbon, weeks messing about and doing nothing, supposedly to save a few million maybe, but now we paying 6 months wages for a player we cannot play, and had to pay more anyway due to allowing lisbon a window to raise the price.

Sorry but whoever was in charge of this process should be fired, of course unless its vichai who we cannot fire.

I dont know how anyone can defend what has happened here, its amateur hour.

Even if the FIFA took pity on us and let the 14 secs go, it doesnt make it ok and question's would still need to be asked.

11 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

Obviously you dont let players leave at the last minute, that in itself is just stupid letting drinkwater go so late. Chelsea bid for drinkwater 3 weeks ago, so why didnt we just accept that bid and get in silva at that time?  According to you we were powerless to do that and we are not to blame, very strange.

Arsenal e.g. stopped their transfer as they realised they wouldnt be able to sell sanchez and get the player inbound in time, they probably would have just lost sanchez so they cancelled it.

2 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I called this - FIFA would look to make an example of a small club as it would make them look statesmanlike and relevant - corrupts c***s

This wouldn't be happening to Chelsea if it were the other way around (selling us drinkwater, signing silva from sporting 14 seconds late). 

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Obviously you dont let players leave at the last minute, that in itself is just stupid letting drinkwater go so late.

exactly this is my point.. noted above. We should of gave chelsea a deadline.

It is our fault 100000% we got ourself in this position.

Hopefully, that can still be fixed, but yes, if this decision stands, and Leicester can't, or chooses not to loan him, he cannot play until 2018.

Leicester Forest can't loan him if it wants Silva to play this season.
A player can only play in two Clubs in one season.

Adrien Silva already played in Sporting CP this season. If he goes on a loan he can't play for Leicester Forest this season.

Archived