Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

18 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

still no blame on rudkin and his staff right?

If we didnt haggle we would have done it in time.

So whatever we saved from haggling be it 5 million or whatever it seems we lost the player for at least 6 months.  Is it worth it?

Are you saying we should just fold and pay the £5m when a selling club ask for more but would accept less?

You're suggesting the other club should tell us the price within reason every time we do a transfer just so it's hassle free, that's utterly ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

it is our fault ultimately though and someone is accountable????? We should of said.. if you have not met 35 million by this date then he is not going anywhere. this would of avoided a last minute rush around.

Well, maybe but people make mistakes.

FIFA need to remember why the transfer window exists in the first place. It is to stop bigger clubs disrupting smaller ones by unsettling their players whenever they felt like it. Imagine in 2016, with no transfer window Arsenal etc could have been putting in bids for Mahrez, Kante, Vardy in March and April. Would we have gone on to won the League in that scenario?

It's not just some meaningless point-in-time deadline that has to slavishly adhered to.

Just now, Ted Maul said:

At the end of the day, we were awful up until March last year and still should have finished 9th. I think we'll be midtable either way.

This removes our slim chances of pushing for a European place though.

yeah but apparently if we had Silva we were going to wing the league..... :riyad:

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Are you saying we should just fold and pay the £5m when a selling club ask for more but would accept less?

You're suggesting the other club should tell us the price within reason every time we do a transfer just so it's hassle free, that's utterly ridiculous. 

you got it in one.

You saying we cannot afford the 5 million then?

2 minutes ago, smr said:

Absolutely pathetic of FIFA. 14 seconds, so what. 

A deadline is a deadline though, surely?

What message would it send to other clubs if this was allowed? Clubs could then start to submit even later past the deadline, as it's been "allowed" before.

I get that we all want FIFA to upturn their decision, but rules are rules and you can't blame them if we submitted the paper work late.

Just now, Chrysalis said:

you got it in one.

You saying we cannot afford the 5 million then?

It's not about what you can afford but value and getting the best deal possible.

We could "afford" to buy Sam Hughes from Chester for £10m instead of £120k but that doesn't make it a good idea.

I agree a deadline is a deadline, but if such a deal has been completed then they should allow a bit of leeway, I'm not talking half an hour or an hour, but 14 seconds they should waive as a gesture of good will, but then this is FIFA we are talking about, one of the world's most corrupt organisations, where the word goodwill has probably never been mentioned before when anyone's spoken about them.

Why do we need to get the best deal possible?

Have we ran out of money or something?

Is it about collecting money or winning games?

I am not saying you dont haggle at all, but there is a limit, so many of our deals take so long to get through, we been a hard arse on negotiations.

1 minute ago, smr said:

I agree a deadline is a deadline, but if such a deal has been completed then they should allow a bit of leeway, I'm not talking half an hour or an hour, but 14 seconds they should waive as a gesture of good will, but then this is FIFA we are talking about, one of the world's most corrupt organisations. 

To be fair, letting it through would be corrupt.

Its our own fault and noone else's we missed the deadline.

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Should we have just let Mahrez go for £32m? Ridiculous comment. 

6 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Obviously you dont let players leave at the last minute, that in itself is just stupid letting drinkwater go so late. Chelsea bid for drinkwater 3 weeks ago, so why didnt we just accept that bid and get in silva at that time?  According to you we were powerless to do that and we are not to blame, very strange.

Arsenal e.g. stopped their transfer as they realised they wouldnt be able to sell sanchez and get the player inbound in time, they probably would have just lost sanchez so they cancelled it.

Maybe we did give Chelsea a deadline. Maybe they missed it by 14 seconds, and maybe we just accepted it cos we're reasonable human beings who wanted Danny Drinkwater to get the dream move he deserved!

If you wanna talk about blame then tell me what Adrien Silva has done to deserve a 19 game ban?

Love it how FIFA allow PSG to bend the rules and sign Mbappe on loan with an option to buy next season so they don't break any FFP rules but just certain documents were received late, they could have been submitted on time, they're refusing to accept registration. Of course, I understand there has to be a cutoff point where transfers can no longer be made but 11-14 seconds, surely they can make an acceptance, maybe if it was 10-15 minutes I would understand but 11-14 seconds could just be the internet being a bit slow. 

9 minutes ago, SCP1906 said:

Leicester Forest can't loan him if it wants Silva to play this season.
A player can only play in two Clubs in one season.

Adrien Silva already played in Sporting CP this season. If he goes on a loan he can't play for Leicester Forest this season.

lol

Just now, Chrysalis said:

If we consistently get bad value or get a reputation as an easy touch then we'll eventually get relegated.

We're alot closer to being one of the poorer teams in the league than being one of the richer ones, if we continually getting less bang for our buck then it will eventually cost us and we'll be relegated. I can't believe you can't appreciate that. 

Has it gone to appeal yet? If not, I suppose there's still hope there.

But there's no excusing where priorities lay on Deadline Day. Increasingly it looks like our club was magnificently well run for a good second tier side on the up (albeit largely because of our scouting network / management) but not so well run for a club that cracks the top bracket and wants to push on.

The consequences could be pretty dire too.

Shakespeare is going to become virtually untouchable. If we're rooted to the bottom, the excuse that a top player was sold and not replaced against his wishes will seem a far bigger factor than whether his subs were right or not.

Players who have been wondering whether the club is looking forward or not will see that we've prioritised money in over investment, and be more likely to leave. Unless we can forge a siege mentality, the sense of belief in the dressing room could be hit in the short-term.

The quality of the side, and its ability to win games will obviously be depleted.

Finally, questions will be asked of the club. Yes, the board have been wonderful by Leicester standards, but the difference between scraping survival and winning the league was always having scouts who could take a £7m investment (e.g. on Vardy, Mahrez, Kante) and spend it on £100m+ worth of players. Now they'll come seriously under the microscope for how they've handled the aftermath of that success.

Hopefully, if it does fall through, some good will come of it. Someone will step up. But I hope we don't waste our time blaming FIFA, Sporting or even, perhaps, Rudkin, when there are problems which seem to go higher up.

4 minutes ago, Viva said:

Should we have just let Mahrez go for £32m? Ridiculous comment. 

Outgoings are different.

Its simple I will explain again.

1 - You set a deadline of 2 weeks before end of window for outgoings, after that has passed you dont sell the player period, understand so far?  If you dont understand then dont read on.

2 - You allocate time for haggling of inbound player,s e.g. one hour, after that time you either pay up whats on offer or move onto another target.

We not owned by mr weetabix anymore.

We didnt sell mahrez and as a result his position is not an issue here, however we did sell drinkwater, and extremely late, as a result we failed to meet the deadline.

You trying to blame FIFA for our incompetance.

4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Love it how FIFA allow PSG to bend the rules and sign Mbappe on loan with an option to buy next season so they don't break any FFP rules but just certain documents were received late, they could have been submitted on time, they're refusing to accept registration. Of course, I understand there has to be a cutoff point where transfers can no longer be made but 11-14 seconds, surely they can make an acceptance, maybe if it was 10-15 minutes I would understand but 11-14 seconds could just be the internet being a bit slow. 

They didnt break any rules.

Breaking the spirit of rules is not breaking rules.

Archived