Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

12 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Just been on SSN that FIFA offered us a 30% surcharge as a fine to push through but we refused, its only 10 million just pay up.

Seriously has this been on SSN if so in an appeal FIFA would not have a leg to stand on

21 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Chelsea bid for drinkwater 3 weeks ago, so why didnt we just accept that bid and get in silva at that time?  

Arsenal e.g. stopped their transfer as they realised they wouldnt be able to sell sanchez and get the player inbound in time, they probably would have just lost sanchez so they cancelled it.

Arsenal offered 15m 3 weeks ago so that would have been a loss of 20m.

16 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

you got it in one.

You saying we cannot afford the 5 million then?

So £5m extra for Silva, that's £20m you'd have happily lost us.

Shall we add another £5m to the other 3 signings as well?

You'd bankrupt us within a couple of seasons.

9 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Just been on SSN that FIFA offered us a 30% surcharge as a fine to push through but we refused, its only 10 million just pay up.

£15m + £5m + £15m + £10m

So there's £45m we'd be worse off.

Deluded

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

We could have sold drinkwater for 20 million, and kept mahrez, and signed silva, how does that sound?

Do we look clever now by not able to sign a player?

Also there is nothing to say we could have tied up the Silva deal earlier in the summer. He might have been waiting for a Spurs offer as they were linked very strongly with him. 

Some players only want to move to clubs like us later on in the window when they fully know their options. 

Just now, Chrysalis said:

transfer is done, we pay his wages, but we cannot register him in the squad.

Is that your opinion or do we have some evidence?

Anyway, we aren't paying Drinkwater's wages anymore.

Not really, if I decided this was all not in budget then I wouldnt do the transfers, I certainly wouldnt be selling a key player on deadline day.

Keep defending this amateur hour its funny with all the excuses.

I got a news flash, profit on players doesnt reward points.

Not to mention we have the means to pay those fees, out of profits from last 2 seasons and increased revenue this season.

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Arsenal offered 15m 3 weeks ago so that would have been a loss of 20m.

So £5m extra for Silva, that's £20m you'd have happily lost us.

Shall we add another £5m to the other 3 signings as well?

You'd bankrupt us within a couple of seasons.

£15m + £5m + £15m + £10m

So there's £45m we'd be worse off.

Deluded

I know, what a great state we'd be in if he had any say on our finances! We'd be selling Vardy in Jan for £10m.

Just now, Viva said:

I know, what a great state we'd be in if he had any say on our finances! We'd be selling Vardy in Jan for £10m.

Who said I would accept lowball offers?

I said I wouldnt sell players on deadline day for"any" price.

Its clearly better to sell a player for 20 million with 2 weeks to go so you can get a replacement, than sell for 35 million on deadline day.  The latter is just playing with fire. Like going all in on 0 on roulette.

We didnt go bankrupt losing 100 million in the championship yet you think an extra 10-15 million would kill us now.

29 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Well, if the deal really doesn't go through because FIFA are arguing over 11 to 14 seconds of delay, then we have definitely become a bit of a laughing stock to the (not-so-knowledgable) public.

The blame isn't just on our side, it's a combination of many elements. The two clubs, FIFA, human error & technical difficulties.

Having to rush things certainly didn't help completing all paperwork.

3 sides. There was the also the drinkwater chelsea thing influencing the deal and taking time.

26 minutes ago, SCP1906 said:

Leicester Forest can't loan him if it wants Silva to play this season.
A player can only play in two Clubs in one season.

Adrien Silva already played in Sporting CP this season. If he goes on a loan he can't play for Leicester Forest this season.

Here in Portugal there is that rule, that you cannot play for more than 2 clubs per season. I don't know if that's true elsewhere, but if it is, and LCFC want to loan him so he keeps playing, we are the better (only?) option.

I still think it's better for him and LCFC for him to stay and train with his new coach and team mates, maybe play in a few friendlies.

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

There's been  50 odd pages in 24 hours. You don't think I can bare reading all that whiney crap do you?

Its a pain but I read it so I could get all the information possible.

Basically lisbon director said the transfer is ratified, but the registration of player is not.

Financial side of deal is done, however he cannot play for us because FIFA wont allow us to register him in squad.

So yes we are liable for the finances, the fee, and the wages, even tho we cannot play him.

Great business right?

Not really, if I decided this was all not in budget then I wouldnt do the transfers, I certainly wouldnt be selling a key player on deadline day.

Keep defending this amateur hour its funny with all the excuses.

I got a news flash, profit on players doesnt reward points.

Not to mention we have the means to pay those fees, out of profits from last 2 seasons and increased revenue this season.

No, you'd have sold a key player for £15m a couple of weeks earlier.

Newsflash: Profit on players means you can afford to bring in better players later on which will lead to extra points.

So we can afford to be ripped off now so should just allow that, what do you think will happen when we can't afford it?

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Its clearly better to sell a player for 20 million with 2 weeks to go so you can get a replacement, than sell for 35 million on deadline day.  The latter is just playing with fire. Like going all in on 0 on roulette.

We didnt go bankrupt losing 100 million in the championship yet you think an extra 10-15 million would kill us now.

Let's say this "not selling a player on deadline day at any price" caught on .... and all clubs thought it was a good idea .... You'd just have a new deadline day 24 hours earlier!!!

5 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Love it how FIFA allow PSG to bend the rules and sign Mbappe on loan with an option to buy next season so they don't break any FFP rules but just certain documents were received late, they could have been submitted on time, they're refusing to accept registration. Of course, I understand there has to be a cutoff point where transfers can no longer be made but 11-14 seconds, surely they can make an acceptance, maybe if it was 10-15 minutes I would understand but 11-14 seconds could just be the internet being a bit slow. 

FIFA had already granted us a 2 hour extension of the deadline.

Why should they do us another favour?

The fact, that nobody from the guys in charge  is crying foul

tells me, they know very well  that they can't blame anybody else for

this mess, but themselves.

If we just threw away £15m a season just to get transfers through hassle free we'd soon be the poorest club in the league and clubs with the least amount of financial muscle usually get relegated.

I just hope when I sell my house it's someone like you who wants to buy it.

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

No, you'd have sold a key player for £15m a couple of weeks earlier.

Newsflash: Profit on players means you can afford to bring in better players later on which will lead to extra points.

So we can afford to be ripped off now so should just allow that, what do you think will happen when we can't afford it?

Money isnt everything.

It seems many on here think its more important to haggle for maximum profits than to build a squad, unreal.

Too much time playing football manager?

1 hour ago, somebum said:

The reasons are not valid, and that's what I'm telling you, what are you failing to understand

lol You just stating something doesn't make it true. Why don't you attempt to educate us all then as to why it's not valid... when quite clearly it's a perfectly valid reason.

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

It clearly isn't better to sell for 20m when you can get 35m. Do you actually work and pay bills?

The owners paid off the £100m debt, it was a one off payment, we are now expected to pay for ourselves.

4 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

You don't think £20m was a lowball offer?

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

If we just threw away £15m a season just to get transfers through hassle free we'd soon be the poorest club in the league and clubs with the least amount of financial muscle usually get relegated.

is 15 million a lot in the EPL then?

You need to speculate to make money, finish higher up in the league e.g. soon gets you that 15 million back.  Our title winning season made us an extra 47 million in revenue from league placing and tv appearances, not to mention the CL money the year after.

This comes to, are you ambitious, or you just want to survive.

What we did is not the actions of an ambitious club.

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If only it was £15m, he seems happy to lose in excess of £20m just on two transfers.

Just now, Wortho said:

I think we were waiting for Chelsea to make up their minds, they probably wanted Barkley bit he changed his mind. Chelsea then decide to sign DD at the last minute. I think that explains why the Silva bid was so late.

We shouldnt have even been waiting, at that point it was already too late and we should have kept drinkwater.

Archived