Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Iheanacho

38 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Seems even worse than musa for me, at least musa showed energy.

He probably looked better at man city due to beeen surrounded by top tier players and likely getting 5+ clear chances per game to score.

I think this is a pretty unfair assessment. Iheanacho does well with the Nigerian national team as well which some can argue doesn't have as many names as Leicester. The problem is application of him. He hasn't been fit and Okazaki has been in form which has hurt his chances of playing. He needs a run of games and a system that fits him for him to really shine. 

I am a fan of his from the Nigerian national team and from Man City and I will say this, he was changed into a striker at man city so most of his senior football education is that of a striker. Because of that a lot of his formal training is being a poacher. To play him to his best you need a solid midfield and be able to at least hold the ball. You can play him in the hole as a supporting striker as well if you have a strong target man up front. 

Musa's game is pace but with ball to feet. Iheanacho's game is spatial awareness and intelligence in the box. They are two different players. Iheanacho's game isn't about hustling, it's about finding space, like Thomas Muller.

Never ceases to amaze me how quickly some fans will write off a player if he hasn't set the world alight in his first few games. No doubt Iheanacho will go on to be absolutely shite like that Lingard fella who went on to achieve **** all or that Harry Kane character who was quite clearly wank. We don't need to see more than 90 mins of a player to make a bang-accurate assessment of his talents.

Guest CityFan 06

It's a shame he's been written off already. It's clear to me he isn't benefiting from our current setup and uncreative play. Iheanacho is the kind of player you reap the rewards from if you play to his strengths. He will score goals if we improve as a side and offer a different formation + style of play. 

I'm rather hoping that when we finally get the likes of Iborra and Silva in midfield they'll be a lot less hoofing and Iheanacho will become a better fit.

At the moment our game which is pretty much 4411 relies on the backup forward to play like whirling dervish strengthening the 2 man midfield and also getting in the box to score goals, a role Okasaki fits and Iheanacho doesn't.

Having said that giving him game time now enables him to get a level of fitness and to acclimatise himself to LCFC.

10 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

We've signed so many players to fit into our 442 system that we've barely seen, and I'm tired of saying it, Kante was a one off and made it work. It didn't work in 2014-15, we were bottom for the majority of the season until someone decided 3 at the back for the great escape. It barely worked in 2016-17 and it's not working now. We're set in our ways though and nothings going to change.

That's it though we haven't bought players to fit our style, far from it.

We have bought players who are uncomfortable with the system and are getting hammered from people unfairly.

9 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

Send him back.  Doesn't look good enough.  Can see why Man City got rid. 

8 hours ago, Clt1900 said:

How many times did he kick the ball?

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Seems even worse than musa for me, at least musa showed energy.

I'm fully done.

We didn't deserve to win the Premier League. 

51 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Remember when Vardy was "not good enough for this level" in the Championship?

Given talent, time and favourable circumstances, anything is possible.

I have every faith that Iheanacho will be a success for us.

Can't compare him to Vardy, one came from the non-league, he's came from Manchester City.

I'm sure he'll get better but it's ridiculous how slow and unfit a professional athlete can look in October, do they not bother training anymore in the summer?

lol this forum. Anyone saying Iheanacho isn't good enough is fully moron. Put Sergio Aguero in our team and he'd look shite too. Are people that blind or stupid to not realise that our brand of 'football' ruins these kind of players? We don't pass the ball, we can't pass the ball, our game is pretty much hit, chase and hope. Build up play here doesn't exist, hold up play doesn't exist, what do you want the guy to do for fecks sake? 

Archived