Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Return of the Matt

4 hours ago, chicagofox said:

Yes it does.  No you don't.  

I can understand you don't think he's good enough, but as a squad player in my opinion he's adequate. Rather him come on than Amartey, surely?

Anyway, let's hope he has a good season for all our sakes :scarf:

Take it easy CF. 

On 9/7/2017 at 20:24, maddog said:

Let's not forget before his injury he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo in the premier league and when he was injured we survived the drop against all odds without him.

Whilst we're not forgetting that, perhaps you could not forget he has the best pass completion, most key passes, most chances created, most assists and a better shooty accuracy than DD.

Oh, perhaps you could also remember he started the game where we beat West Ham, that started the run of wins, the game against newcastle in that run, and we were 1-0 up in the game against Saints before he got injured. So lets not make out it wasn't happening with him in the team and all started after he was injured.

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 20.46.22.png

• Like 2

22 hours ago, chicagofox said:

I don't think anybody on here has called him shit.  But what should he be judged on?  At Premier League level I don't see him being particularly good at any aspect of midfield play.

You judge him over what happens this season, against all teams. If you want to pick on performances against just the big teams you can pick out 7 or 8 each game who disappoint.

Whether you like it or not he got picked more than DD and King our first season up for good reason and was always ahead of King when in the Championship. I can chuck a load of different metrics at you to prove he's worth giving a chance to. There are few that back up your opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You judge him over what happens this season, against all teams. If you want to pick on performances against just the big teams you can pick out 7 or 8 each game who disappoint.

Whether you like it or not he got picked more than DD and King our first season up for good reason and was always ahead of King when in the Championship. I can chuck a load of different metrics at you to prove he's worth giving a chance to. There are few that back up your opinion.

I don't rely on metrics.  I rely on what I see with my eyes.

But let's agree to disagree, Babs.  

As far as I'm concerned if we have to rely on King we're basically relegated! James will do a job, he's no Cambiasso, he's no Kante but he was more than capable in the great escape and looked ok so far this season. Amartey doesn't seem to have a position and couldn't pass wind and King couldn't get into our team in the championship, let's face it he found his level in league 1 and wouldn't get onto any other bench in the prem.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Am I the only one who thinks our central midfield just looks poor at this level? Generally just not very good? It's solid (ish) but it's bland. 

Where are the assists coming from?

agree - its a bit workman like.  Drinky could spray it about a bit - nut that's not ndidi and james.  I am desperate for iborra and silva to show some creativity and class.

18 hours ago, chicagofox said:

I didn't miss the great escape.  And because I didn't I know for a fact that James did not play a big role in that.  I'd post his mins played but I already have here on FT. 

He started 4 of the 7 games we won, couldn't play in 1 because of his injury (the last of the season when already safe) and came on in the other 2. He played as much a part as the likes of Drinkwater or Mahrez.

10 hours ago, chicagofox said:

If somebody said that Ade Akinbiyi didn't have the goal scoring ability of Jamie Vardy, would you show them a video of one of his goals for City as proof that he had?

Presumably you missed all the preseason games where he did the same thing about 4 or 5 times, only fluffed chances by Vardy and Slimani let him down.

Just now, Babylon said:

Sure, stop popping up in Matty James threads slating him and it will stop.

Wow.  I'd ask why you are so bound and determined to try and prove me wrong but that would require further discussion and I really don't care for that.

I'll pop up when and where I want thanks.  And I'll say what I want about whatever player I want.  But I'm done with this back and forth BS!

2 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

Wow.  I'd ask why you are so bound and determined to try and prove me wrong but that would require further discussion and I really don't care for that.

I'll pop up when and where I want thanks.  And I'll say what I want about whatever player I want.  But I'm done with this back and forth BS!

I suggest you put me on mute them, because I'm as free to post where and when I want also.

8 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

It is perhaps because you're very keen to assert your own point of view, and less good at responding to valid criticism of your self-certainty.

42 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Am I the only one who thinks our central midfield just looks poor at this level? Generally just not very good? It's solid (ish) but it's bland. 

Where are the assists coming from?

That's why I would start Gray over Albrighton, he gives that attacking threat down the left which in turn takes the pressure of James and N'Didi .

The Man U game was  the perfect example, we had no outlet ball, so it came straight back, nothing the midfield could do about it, other than hit it long, having Gray in the side gives them better options.

On 08/09/2017 at 20:50, Babylon said:

Whilst we're not forgetting that, perhaps you could not forget he has the best pass completion, most key passes, most chances created, most assists and a better shooty accuracy than DD.

Oh, perhaps you could also remember he started the game where we beat West Ham, that started the run of wins, the game against newcastle in that run, and we were 1-0 up in the game against Saints before he got injured. So lets not make out it wasn't happening with him in the team and all started after he was injured.

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 20.46.22.png

I didn't know those statistics. 

I just don't rate Matty James as a Premier League player and he hasn't done anything yet to change my mind :P

We really need to upgrade on James and King ASAP. Iborra and Silva are those players but one is injured and the other is ineligible on full pay so I can't really blame the club for that (other than their 14 second tardiness).