urban.spaceman

Matty James: ‘I was in so much pain I’ll remember it for the rest of my life’

Stent in the urethra that's got to be sore...  He should feel part of the champion winning side though even if he couldn't play as should all the lads that kept us up the season before. Great to see him back.

• Like 1

Gotta be honest, read that and felt genuinely so sorry for him as if I knew him petsonally.

tenor.gif.abe3954c6ee16b1a094a870364155c4d.gif 

I'll always like Jaymo. He's a good player and seems a top bloke.

I do think a 4 year deal is madness though. And I'm not keen on congratulating players for getting moves to Chelsea like that's the aim.

• Like 3

what a geezer. hope he smashes it all year and takes drinkys england place. 

• Like 1

He's loyal and happy to be part of the squad, people like that are important to have around.

• Like 1

Really great to have him back. Seems like an intelligent and grounded chap. 

When he is a fully fit and confident footballer, he is a very good footballer.

Coincidentally I'm currently in hospital and have been here for a week with a kidney infection. It's pretty horrendous.

11 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Knowing how popular James is in the squad, I wonder if his treatment by Claudio was relevant to the apparent breakdown of trust between manager and squad last season. 

You shouldn't be giving preference to players just because they are well liked, so I doubt it. 

He considered James to not be good enough for the Champions League squad and he is fully entitled to that opinion. 

He has obviously been treated very well by the club in giving him 4 years, so hopefully he will now repay the faith they have in him. 

It would be a fabulous story if he kicks on, wins a trophy with Leicester and maybe gets a run out for England after all that. It probably won't happen but it would be a proper 'fairytale Leicester' story if he did. Come on Matty!!

This is Matty's time.  A lesser man would have bowed out and given up but he will be a better player for the effort and commitment he has shown.  Looking forward to seeing him get better and better.  Top top bloke.

Great article! Anyone who reads that and writes Matty James off hasn't read it properly. It may be that he never establishes himself as a top class prem player but you get the feeling he won't leave anything on the pitch. 

Go on Matty!!

Shows the strength of mind to be a top class footballer, or for that matter the strength needed to succeed in anything.

Most people give in at the first hurdle, but the mental strength to carry on despite countless knock backs.

Footballers often get bad press, but most people would fold and this is a great example of a sportsman wanting to succeed. Getting knocked down, getting back up, getting knocked down, getting back up.

Another example of that winning mentality that I will always think of is Anthony Knockaert v Watford. He missed the penalty and our season was over. The Watford fans were on the pitch, in his face, he was a loser and the worst kind.

The next season he returned to that ground, focussed and nothing of the previous season affected him. This showed why he is a top class athlete, reacting to adversity with the mental strength that others do not have.

Massive credit to James. He may well have a few bad games, or he may get replaced one day. But that strength of character he has shown here shows why he deserves to be where he currently is. 

7 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Shows the strength of mind to be a top class footballer, or for that matter the strength needed to succeed in anything.

Most people give in at the first hurdle, but the mental strength to carry on despite countless knock backs.

Footballers often get bad press, but most people would fold and this is a great example of a sportsman wanting to succeed. Getting knocked down, getting back up, getting knocked down, getting back up.

Another example of that winning mentality that I will always think of is Anthony Knockaert v Watford. He missed the penalty and our season was over. The Watford fans were on the pitch, in his face, he was a loser and the worst kind.

The next season he returned to that ground, focussed and nothing of the previous season affected him. This showed why he is a top class athlete, reacting to adversity with the mental strength that others do not have.

Massive credit to James. He may well have a few bad games, or he may get replaced one day. But that strength of character he has shown here shows why he deserves to be where he currently is. 

Couldn't agree more. Matty has had more than his share of pain and setbacks. Having him back though could prove to be one of our best "signings" of the summer.

12 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Love the man. An inspiration. Wish people like @chicagofox would stop criticising him for no reason at all

He shouldn't be immune from any criticism, just because he has had an injury and he might be a nice chap. 

He's worked hard and earnt himself probably around an £8m contract. It shows that the hard work has paid off so good luck to the lad.  

He needs to show that he is worth that on the pitch now though as this is what counts. 

• Like 1