Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Chelsea post match 1-2

1 minute ago, Eagle10 said:

Slimani missed the chance and he had to bury it, with that I agree. But people think that goalkeepers don't exist or what? Cortouis just happens to be one of the best GK in the world, and of course made a great save, Slimani should have scored that and he has the quality to do so, but every player misses chances, now criticize him and say to get rid and Iheanacho must be the starter just because of one miss is stupid. He did a good game, but shouldn't have missed. Shit happens guys, just understand that every player misses chances, and no player has 100% efficiency not even Ronaldo or Messi. 

And if Shinji missed that chance, you would criticize him like crazy, wouldn't you?:D

2 minutes ago, KingKoala said:

And if Shinji missed that chance, you would criticize him like crazy, wouldn't you?:D

No, but be real, Shinji wouldn't even be in the position to score, he would have fallen mid way :D. Seriously though, I wouldn't criticize, I understand why people are raging, when a player from Sporting miss a clear chance like that, I rage too, but players miss from time to time. I mean look at Benzema, he missed every chance he had in the last game of Real Madrid.

1 hour ago, MIAMI_FOX said:

Any true city fan that is questioning shaky already needs to wake

up.......look at the fixtures we have had.   

True we've had a bugger of a start to the season and a pretty unlucky start should have got something from the Gooneys but for a dodgy Ozil handball we could have came away with a point, The united game could have scored all but a decent display from DeGea a bit of suspect defending for Rashford opener and a dodgy offside from old side show bob Fellani himself and then today's game already mentioned really that Chelsea left with all 3 points with a lucky shot and a few dreadful displays for the home team !!

I'm no shaky out brigade think he can do wonders as long as he's given the time and better performances from the squad !!

Huddersfield a week today a decent display from all and we know how they can play and perform and outplay teams.

Really hoping for a cracking display next week 3 points in the right direction!!

3 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

True we've had a bugger of a start to the season and a pretty unlucky start should have got something from the Gooneys but for a dodgy Ozil handball we could have came away with a point, The united game could have scored all but a decent display from DeGea a bit of suspect defending for Rashford opener and a dodgy offside from old side show bob Fellani himself and then today's game already mentioned really that Chelsea left with all 3 points with a lucky shot and a few dreadful displays for the home team !!

I'm no shaky out brigade think he can do wonders as long as he's given the time and better performances from the squad !!

Huddersfield a week today a decent display from all and we know how they can play and perform and outplay teams.

Really hoping for a cracking display next week 3 points in the right direction!!

And if we lose?

26 minutes ago, I am an Ostrich said:

Personally i dont think Chelsea ever got out of cruise control, stroll in the park 

I agree with this. Hard working gutsy performances get you plaudits but no points. reminiscent of the great escape season. Poor tactics and teams selection. What was Shakespeare thinking at half time, King could change a light bulb let alone a game. Conte could later bring Willian and Hazard on who didn't even have to break into a sweat. Wouldn't it have been nice to introduce Iheanacho, Chilwell or even Armarty if needed later on, but no, Donkey Shakespeare makes another genius masterstroke. We should have had a point today. 

Few things from this game for me...

- Slimani will never fit into the system we play, simply not good enough with the ball at his feet. Its either him or Vardy as a 9 and there's only one winner.

- We need a creative midfield player alongside Ndidi.

- Shakespeare's subs were awful - Gray struggled but I thought we left Vardy isolated up until the end when Iheanacho came on. 2 changes at half-time surprised me. 

- Albrighton should've stayed on the pitch (if he wasn't injured) and Nacho should've come on for Slim at half-time.

Overall, Chelsea will be in the Top 4 this season but we've lost 3 out of 4 with a trip to Huddersfield coming up. Need points.

2 hours ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

They weren't as clear cut as Slims miss. No way.

If you're saying we both played like shit then a draw would have been a fair result!

We played like shit, but our shit is better than your shit lol

Also, Morata's first chance was MUCH more clear cut than Slimani's, Courtois made it almost impossible for him to score with the way he covered the angles, so it wasn't really a miss, while Morata was face to face with the goalkeeper and had pretty much all the goal to aim at had he not missed his kick.

Also, you had 2 shots on target, one of them being a penalty, there is no way in hell you could have watched that match and thought that a draw would have been a fair result, we didn't give you a sniff today, a bit better finishing from us and this game would have ended 5-1, and that's not even counting the BLATANT penalty that we were denied

So when was hoping to finish in the top 8 of the Premier League "lacking ambition"?

Of course we want to be better and win the league again but to say we lack ambition because we aren't condemning the manager and the team for losing a close match to the champions is overdramatic. We've had four games, three of them against clubs that are used to being a the top of he table. It's no shame to lose today even it was disappointing.

To read some of these posts you'd think we were losing to everyone and in freefall. It's silly talk, and complete nonsense.

James is out his depth in this league, Andy King 2.0. We dropped a bollock with letting Mendy & DD go, without making sure Silva was over the line. 

Mahrez struggled as every time he got the ball 3 players were on him.

The people calling for Gray to have a decent run in the team are the same who don't think Slimani warrants the same run. I thought he worked his hardest today, yes he missed that chance but not sure why everyone wants to write him off as an awful player. 

Lots of anger and negativity in the stands today, poor atmosphere like we had written ourselves off before we started. 

We are 4 games in ffs, cheer the f.uck up and get behind the team. 

12 minutes ago, Adam. said:

Few things from this game for me...

- Slimani will never fit into the system we play, simply not good enough with the ball at his feet. Its either him or Vardy as a 9 and there's only one winner.

- We need a creative midfield player alongside Ndidi.

- Shakespeare's subs were awful - Gray struggled but I thought we left Vardy isolated up until the end when Iheanacho came on. 2 changes at half-time surprised me. 

- Albrighton should've stayed on the pitch (if he wasn't injured) and Nacho should've come on for Slim at half-time.

Overall, Chelsea will be in the Top 4 this season but we've lost 3 out of 4 with a trip to Huddersfield coming up. Need points.

Now that is a bit of a lie my friend. He has reasonable technique, as seen in some matches, and even in this match he linked up alright, he can play in this system. How many minutes have we seen him play? Not enough to judge in my opinion yet. Also, you might prefer one player to other, but you don't have to put down the other player.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

A lot of people were crying out for the Slim/Vardy partnership.

It was awful. 

Slim has possibly been the signing that has disappointed me the most in recent times. I genuinely expected something special.

I was quite confused by the way we started him today and then failed to put longish free kicks into their box - surely if you're going to play him then you need to put the opposition defence under some pressure when you can. We struggled to get decent crosses in from out wide in open play. 

23 minutes ago, lucashm said:

Also, Morata's first chance was MUCH more clear cut than Slimani's, Courtois made it almost impossible for him to score with the way he covered the angles, so it wasn't really a miss, while Morata was face to face with the goalkeeper and had pretty much all the goal to aim at had he not missed his kick.

Also, you had 2 shots on target, one of them being a penalty, there is no way in hell you could have watched that match and thought that a draw would have been a fair result, we didn't give you a sniff today, a bit better finishing from us and this game would have ended 5-1, and that's not even counting the BLATANT penalty that we were denied

Yes very interesting. We have different opinions, who would've thought?

32 minutes ago, lucashm said:

**** off

25 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

A lot of people were crying out for the Slim/Vardy partnership.

It was awful. 

Slim has possibly been the signing that has disappointed me the most in recent times. I genuinely expected something special.

I know how you feel. I believed in Santa too.

Archived