Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Chelsea post match 1-2

20 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

The nacho man looked promising to me and I think he should start next week. If Iborra can get going and Huth starts with Morgan it might feel like a different team soon.

Your plan is to bench Maguire :huh:

2 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Unfortunately these kind of excuses are exactly what we were hearing last year until we started losing to shit teams.

We have no quality and its there for all to see.  Really hope that Iborra, Dragovic, Silva and Iheanacho prove to be what we all hope.  Otherwise it could be a really bleak season.

Whilst true of last season, we can't say the same this year, we have faced only one shit team so far :) 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Oh so that makes it ok throwing it (a win!) away against Arsenal, a draw against Man Utd, atleast a draw today?

I see what you're saying but I'm angry because I'm frustrated. We can't keep saying 'We played well' no matter who the opposition is. Certainly regards the Arsenal result.

If we'd lost against Brighton I'd be with you :) 

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I haven't watched the game, so need someone to confirm my suspicion, but from the line-up it would appear not much was done to consider Chelsea's unique threat from the formation they play (or counter weaknessses built into that system.

Did Shakey simply send out a team to play as we normally do, or was their an attempt to work the 4-4-2 into something that counteract the 3-4-3? 

At 4-4-2, we were the better side for parts of the first half. Had two great chances to take the lead. 

The decision to go more 'attacking' at 4-3-3 killed us. We were playing man for man. Hence Chelsea consistently had a man on the overlap. 

People will ramble on about Chelsea had gears etc. It is very close in the first half and their negative attitude of timewasting from 67 minutes nearly ****ed em. 

I found Chelsea on the whole unimpressive. Their past two Championship winning teams at our place looked great teams. This looked a team reliant on NG's incredible powers of brilliance and nicking the ball. Hard to say if our midfield was weak (Wilf the only lad with the ability to actually tackle today) or if Chelsea's midfield were supreme.

38 minutes ago, lucashm said:

We played like shit, but our shit is better than your shit lol

Also, Morata's first chance was MUCH more clear cut than Slimani's, Courtois made it almost impossible for him to score with the way he covered the angles, so it wasn't really a miss, while Morata was face to face with the goalkeeper and had pretty much all the goal to aim at had he not missed his kick.

Also, you had 2 shots on target, one of them being a penalty, there is no way in hell you could have watched that match and thought that a draw would have been a fair result, we didn't give you a sniff today, a bit better finishing from us and this game would have ended 5-1, and that's not even counting the BLATANT penalty that we were denied

Don't like you comments but agree with them . IMO Chelsea did not get out of second gear. 

Our success was built on intensity of play ... which we are now only showing when its too late.

2 hours ago, Callabinho said:

We were poor in the final third today, we lack any kind of finesse or calmness, everything is messy and rushed... I don't think Mahrez was that bad today, he tried but our static front line offered nothing when he got the ball. Gray was awful when he came on, did nothing to justify his moaning.... It's early days but Kalechi did little useful when he came on, he played a particularly poor ball to Mahrez which he did really well to control but was closed down far too quickly for him to get it out of his feet, but we had a great opportunity to break on Chelsea...

That wasn't on Iheanacho, that was on Mahrez. Iheanacho only played 20 minutes for the team and you are already criticizing the guy. He needs to get fit and get a run of games before making any judgements. He was actually pretty positive during the game winning the ball and making positive passes. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

At 4-4-2, we were the better side for parts of the first half. Had two great chances to take the lead. 

The decision to go more 'attacking' at 4-3-3 killed us. We were playing man for man. Hence Chelsea consistently had a man on the overlap. 

People will ramble on about Chelsea had gears etc. It is very close in the first half and their negative attitude of timewasting from 67 minutes nearly ****ed em. 

I found Chelsea on the whole unimpressive. Their past two Championship winning teams at our place looked great teams. This looked a team reliant on NG's incredible powers of brilliance and nicking the ball. Hard to say if our midfield was weak (Wilf the only lad with the ability to actually tackle today) or if Chelsea's midfield were supreme.

Well that's quite the contrary for me. I expected them to be more struggling with the whole roller caster transfer window. Especially in the middle since they lost Matic and Bakayoko still has to fit in the team. They never ever were pushed to their limits and were in control the whole game. 

That's the thing with great teams, they win even when they seem to be shit. Most serious title contender after ManU and we somehow did well against them when we consider which options Shakey had.

Judge us against West Brom, Southampton and Everton. Not against Utd,arsenal and Chelsea. 

We've had decent spells against every team we've played with pretty much the same team that was getting dominated for the better part of last season against teams we should've been beating. 

How many teams outside the top six are going to be getting anything against the teams we've played? 

5 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Well that's quite the contrary for me. I expected them to be more struggling with the whole roller caster transfer window. Especially in the middle since they lost Matic and Bakayoko still has to fit in the team. They never ever were pushed to their limits and were in control the whole game. 

That's the thing with great teams, they win even when they seem to be shit. Most serious title contender after ManU and we somehow did well against them when we consider which options Shakey had.

Conte shit himself after our goal and put on subs to slow the game down. They have no squad and face 6 games over the next 20 days. It's interesting to always look at a team when they concede. Chelsea had nothing between each player. 

Played a constant game of time wasting from the 65th minute. In complete opposite of Man U, who always had confidence that they would eventually get the goal. NG brilliance personified kept them ticking over. Sincerely hope when Fabregas went off, Drinkwater realised what a silly decision he made. 

As for the ref that decision when Moses was late on James, edge of the box. Absolutely baffling. 

The game was odd today as  both teams had spells of being the dominant team. 

James just needs to release the pass without a couple of touches just instinctive.

Gray wasn't easy on the eye for just 45 minutes he should have been buzzing not cruisng

I felt first half with two up top hitting the gaps between their back 3 looked correct then 2 nd half we only had vardy and several balls cut across goal with no numbers.

Got to give Kante a bit of credit he was very good even without the goal which looked a long way out and not that strong?

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Conte shit himself after our goal and put on subs to slow the game down. They have no squad and face 6 games over the next 20 days.

Played a constant game of time wasting from the 65th minute. In complete opposite of Man U, who always had confidence that they would eventually get the goal. NG brilliance personified kept them ticking over. Sincerely hope when Fabregas went off, Drinkwater realised what a silly decision he made. 

As for the ref that decision when Moses was late on James, edge of the box. Absolutely baffling 

I understand your point of view, but at the end of the day the only thing that matters is the score. They won, no matter how much Conté shits himself, no matter the dirty tactics or whatever happened on the pitch. That's the difference.

Italy never impress in the qualifying or group stages, you'd always think they're shit and won't make it. Yet they have 4 stars on their shirt and always are to be feared in a tournament. I took them as example because we (Germany) have a bad record against them even if we are also a tournament team :P .

Just watched the highlights, can see why Kanté's shot has gone in. Schmeichel thinks it's hitting Maguire or Morata, somehow it's missed both of them and by the time he's realised, it's too late. Looks worse than it is I reckon.

Great save by Courtois from Slimani as well, the Chelsea fan is spot on, Courtois has made it almost impossible to score from there.

They dont look like champions.. but they had too much for us.

Made me wish we'd got more quality...

We didnt havevthe creativity.

The match showed we shouldn't have sold drinky 

Mahrez decision making still awful.... i would bench him for grey

Albrighton shoujd not have been removed

King played well.. but is not goid enough.

I have given up on skimani... many times I have pointed out a few things he needs tobworknon...yet he is not making progress.

Play shinji or kelichi...nit slim

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Poor by Kasper for Both Goals, Yet he played ok apart from the 2 goals. It looked like they had 12 players on the pitch. Fabregas was brilliant all day and they're all so good on the Ball.of their shots were wild

Gray did ok and played a part in winning the penalty. Vardy was a pest as usual to defenders and nearly got an equalizer at the end.

All in all we did ok just lack the quality in the middle to control and dictate the game for us.

He  only made one save and was at fault  possiblly for both goals  I think I was at a different match to most on this forum as defences were on top  and a mistake by our goalie cost us  the match most  of their shotswere way off target

Players worked hard enough today but it's tragic how much we've gone backwards in 16 months.

We lacked the quality and the self-belief to come back at Chelsea once we went behind. We battled well the first half and restricted them and we went in 1-0 down because we missed a chance and they scored one. That's the problem when they've got Morata and we've got Slimani. Massive difference.

The second half was very poor though. We gave the impression we were getting back into the game by scoring the penalty but in truth we didn't really test them and weren't good enough to break them down for the equaliser.

Ndidi and James are both good players but they lack direction. I'm not sure which one is supposed to be the ball winner and which one is supposed to create, and in the end neither did either of those things. If it was Kante on his own in the middle for Chelsea he'd have still run rings round the 2 of them and today was not the first time in this season alone that it was obvious we are paying for not replacing him. The two biggest problems today were that we didn't win the ball and we didn't create anything in the midfield, and now we've sold the two midfielders that do those two jobs since last May.

Instead of winning the ball in their half, Maguire was winning it at the edge of our own box and to be honest he's as good on the ball as the rest of our midfield. Gray was very ineffective when he came on and for all the plaudits Mahrez as got, that's the 2nd game in 4 where he's been dreadful (Arsenal being the other one and I'm actually being kind by saying he wasn't awful against Man Utd).

We looked out of our depth and that's mainly because of poor recruitment. Shakey is not a great manager but he didn't have much to work with today. Maybe a Silva or a Drinkwater might have made a difference!

Archived