Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Chelsea post match 1-2

Our season will not be defined by results against Chelsea but they were a class above us tbh....disappointingly I don't think they needed to get out of second gear....

I am most concerned about the lack of identity or plan - we weren't intense, closing down but almost felt like we tried the 4-4-2 but were trying to keep them out .....would like to have seen us be more adventurous .....worryingly Shakey realised he got it wrong by changing it at HT but it only showed up the lack of quality as AK and DG were ordinary - will be a long while until Jan if Silva isn't available before then....

i was a bit surprised and disappointed we did not match them up 3-5-2 or change to 4-5-1 during the game....Shakey got that wrong but also lack of pace is a worry especially with Slim who I just don't think brings anything.

Shakey has some tough choices especially with James as he is just not up to speed and Will was doing the job of two in midfield and we have little back up with Iborra injured.

i thought positively Morgan and Maguire defended well although Harry tried too hard on occasions whilst I think we need a footballing right back who can get forward at times - lots to ponder and potentially we may need to switch formation to 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 with the players available......

44 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Can't be bothered to begin to tackle some of the nonsense being spouted here, but..........I thought King did well - some people see what they want to see.

I can't help feeling that we're all a consistent let down to you on here HPF and fail to live up to your high expectations.

On behalf of me and all the other willy pullers on here, we're very sorry :(

24 minutes ago, lucashm said:

Night? Its 16 here in Brazil sweetheart, but have a nice day

lol ****ing ace, some foreign glory hunting twat who probably couldn't find Chelsea's ground on a map comes on here, acts like they were robbed by only winning by one and claims to be here in good faith. Now that's how you troll, 8/10 for effort, but you lost points by not being smarmy about signing our midfield.

I have a perspective on this. We lost to Chelsea who have nicked our midfield. Of any game Shakey has a get out jail free card. So he used it for diplomacy. Down at half time; Gray got game time placating him by showing he lacked at bit of maturity. Iheanacho has to bed in following injury and proved he is better than Slim and used King to fill the gaps.

Gotta say Kante was magnificent.

That's the horrible start out the way. Up the league we go!

In response to people bemoaning the lack of a creative cm, there is not many out there. It's the same criticism that was aimed at England after the last two games. Unfortunately, top class creative cms don't grow on trees, hence the massive clubs tend to be the only ones that have them.

They toyed with us for most of the game. Our lack of creativity is a big problem. we also seemed slow in midfield with Ndiddi the only one prepared to run forward. I think we played one through ball all day, with most of our passes sideways and backwards, affording them the opportunity to get back into position ans just wait for us to mess up.

Whats annoying for me is we've had the same problem for 3 seasons now and nobody has done anything about it. Kante masked a lot of it up in our title winning season, But the problem was still there.

Taking Albrighton off seemed a strange decision, and I'm not so sure Kante would have scored had he been left on as Mark would have filled that space.

There's too much expected of Vardy and he's ever willing but he really needs a better service. It remains to be seen if Iborra can offer that service, because what we have at present doesn't seem capable of.

One of our big problems is we're still searching for a formation that suits us when this should all be sorted in the preseason. That's what happens when you don't get your signings in early.

Worked hard as usual but little quality going forward and crap decision making from the players and manager. 

Given that we generally set up in a defensive way to counter attack, we are so lazy at tracking runners and keeping tight to the opponent. The first half was full of simple balls over the top of Fuchs or Albrighton. The second goal was due to giving a player yards of space and near the end the players seemed to just chase the ball and leave players free.

The midfield showed glimpses of promise but also naivety, Vardy worked hard with little service and we barely created a cross for Slimani (although he should've done better with his chance).

Deserved defeat.

Shakey isn't good enough 

if you think he is your deluded 

he isn't a premier league manager 

and will be gone before end of season 

so many flaws and they are mounting 

11 points out of 33/36 available is pathetic !!! 

Change needed and quick 

10 minutes ago, Erinjack said:

In response to people bemoaning the lack of a creative cm, there is not many out there. It's the same criticism that was aimed at England after the last two games. Unfortunately, top class creative cms don't grow on trees, hence the massive clubs tend to be the only ones that have them.

Oh, they're out there all right. Someone has to be instructed to go out and find one, and for some reason, it's an area we have a blind spot. Players are not stupid, they can see the shortcomings in the squad, and when nothing is done to sort it out, then the better players will ask to leave. Which is whats happening?

9 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Shakey isn't good enough 

if you think he is your deluded 

he isn't a premier league manager 

and will be gone before end of season 

so many flaws and they are mounting 

11 points out of 33/36 available is pathetic !!! 

Change needed and quick 

Shakey's trouble is he'll be exposed if things start to go wrong, and easily replaced. A more experienced manager would get more time.

3 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I strongly agree with this, imagine if we had a more forward thinking, ball playing RB. I think this would move us on another level which will happen eventually, strangely simpson could do a great job as a CB in a 3-5-2

Well, it just shows how much unbalanced our side is.

If Fuchs could play RB, i would stick Chilwell as LB and switch Simpsons for Fuchs in a heart beat.

Missed todays game.

We've applied ourselves but its concerning that we have played 3 games against teams with 'bigger' status and don't have anything to show for it. Really we needed at least a result in 1 of those games.

Shakeys now feeling the heat. Lose to Huddersfield and it could start to unravel. Slimani failed to take his chance again today and looks like he wont reach the heights that we hoped he would.

The hope I'm clinging to is that we have the nightmare start out of the way and we're over the worst. We're in transition.Last years botched signings have had an adverse impact on the club.Our new signings look competent but Rome wasnt built in a day. Just hope we can get it right in the next couple of weeks/months.

Sick of hearing how our season wont be defined by results against the top teams.  We're a premier league team.  We cant continue to just write these games off.

Look at Stoke.  You wouldn't say they were any better than us but in two games against Arsenal and Man Utd, they've taken 4 points.

We are far too negative in these games.

3 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Sick of hearing how our season wont be defined by results against the top teams.  We're a premier league team.  We cant continue to just write these games off.

Look at Stoke.  You wouldn't say they were any better than us but in two games against Arsenal and Man Utd, they've taken 4 points.

We are far too negative in these games.

Helps playing them at home wouldn't you agree?

5 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Helps playing them at home wouldn't you agree?

Didnt seem to help us today.

I dont think it makes a difference to

the top teams to be honest.

The fact is you just know when we play the top teams, we're just playing not to lose and its depressing.  Especially when we play that way, we do lose.

Of course today was going to be tough, this probably one of the better Chelsea squads they've had for a while. For me today I don't think we troubled Chelsea enough. Felt we were little negative, I don't know what it is but the communication on the pitch seems a little poor at the moment, alot of miss passes and players randomly moving out of their usual positions. The subs weren't from Shakey weren't great today I'm afraid. Taking of a striker and replacing him with a midfielder when your losing is questionable, and couldn't understand why Albrighton went off instead of Mahrez who had yet again another stinker. 

I know Chelsea have far more quality than us but the pure lack of quality from us today was awful. Yes, I know we could have nicked a point in the end but I like to look at the performance as a whole. We just seemed extremely sloppy today, giving the ball away too cheaply far too many times. Also, at times it just seemed like we were back to last season with there being no options in midfield so the defenders just hoof it up to Vardy the majority of the time this just leads to us giving the ball away. This is no major problem, given the quality of the opposition, let's just hope we see something better next week. 

1 minute ago, lestajigs said:

Subs at half time were a near on disgrace, take a striker of for Andy King wtf Leicester disgrace 

Didn't we go Gray and Mahrez 2H? I think that was why we did it, Gray doesn't do the work Albrighton does, we could allow Gray and Mahrez to operate as fwd while maintaining some defensive integrity. To be fair to Shakey, we did play a de facto 3-forward line at times in the 2H, I saw a fair bit of the 4-3-3 look. 

5 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Subs at half time were a near on disgrace, take a striker of for Andy King wtf Leicester disgrace 

We were losing out in midfield so I can see why the sub was made, they did have an extra man in midfielder over us after all. 

Archived