Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Chelsea post match 1-2

16 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Unlucky, that's 3 of the hardest games we'll play this season out of the way.

I thought Morgan and Maguire were immense at the back and Ndidi had his best game for the season.

Vardy looked sharp and well up for it. 

Shakey almost got it spot on for me, great subs and just what we needed at the time, unlucky with the Kate goal straight after the break.

Onwars and upwards.

The subs resulted in the team performing worse than before them.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

None of the TV stations have mentioned the first goal was offside either, I was sat directly in line with it and called it straight away.

Screenshot_2017-09-10-09-13-43.png

Called that myself but as it is Chelsea vs Leicester we don't count that also would look to know who the commentator was making Glenn Hoddle sound like the messiah really liked the reluctant admission Moses wiped out Matty James just outside their box

Are people really comparing us to the 13/14 team? This eleven is far, far superior. We are scoring goals, making chances. A few borderline decisions and better decision making would have seen us at least a point stronger. 

I look at comparable teams to ourselves; Southampton and Everton we are scoring more goals and playing better. 

50 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41216477

Anti-semetic chants from Chelsea, even Morata tweeted asking fans to 'respect everybody', anybody hear anything or know what was sung?

Edit: Apparently it's

Alvaro, woah

Alvaro, woah

He came from Real Madrid

He hates the fvcking yids

Right or wrong, I can't feel outrage about that. I can't imagine football ever being an arena where everybody "respects everybody" - needle between rival fans is part of the game, just needs to stay within bounds.

Knowing their fan base, I'm sure some Chelsea fans do hate Jews, but the chant is obviously about their hatred of Spurs fans, which is fully reciprocated.

I much preferred the Drinkwater chant, mind you....

"Oh! Danny, Danny! Danny, Danny, Danny, Danny BENCHWARMER!" lol  I've no ill-feeling for Drinky, but hope he heard that one.

I wonder what his private ambitions are with that move? Does he believe he'll become a 1st team regular? Or is he happy to pick up a massive wage, make appearances off the bench and maybe a few in Europe? 

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I'm convinced that, on here (and it's been the same situation for years), that any comments that can be construed as 'negative' are seen by some as being disloyal to the club. It's a football forum and all we are doing is discussing the pros and cons of the team, players etc. Its like a juvenile attitude of 'you can't say anything bad about the club, cos if you do you ain't a fan'.

These are the same boys, I guess, who are convinced that 'singing up for the lads' will make us win.

It'll help, but if we play craply, we play craply.

A lot of people get annoyed with brainless negativity - and rightly so.

I think constructive criticism of tactical changes or defensive naivety is understandle, but spouting overreactive non-sense doesn't help anyone. Stuff like "Mahrez crap again today" when he was clearly our most creative player will always get a reaction.

I think that positivity and being supportive of the players in the ground helps enormously. 

16 minutes ago, los dedos said:

And got one point from Everton and WBA.

I bet we will too.

All this "hard start" nonsense. Got to play them at one point. Stoke have played Arsenal, Utd and Everton all of which have spent big and are supposed to be much better sides. Yet they managed 4 points.

Well we are just above the bottom three with only 3 points ..  :(       However, we have played some of the top teams and with a little luck could have drawn two of those games ...   that would have put us on 5 points and just 3 off the top four ...     add to that we have two quality central midfielders to join the party (and Huth to return) and things may well improve further as the team gels together ...    :)

(Not really about the game yesterday ..   just made me feel better posting it).

The problem for me yesterday was both Mahrez and Albrighton left our FB's exposed and Chelski were lightening quick to expose it. Shakey has been slated for his subs and certain players have been criticised by the moaning clique. In my opinion we were much better 2nd half and Shakey made the right subs at the right time with what's available to him at the moment! I stress this is only my opinion and I've waited til today so it wasn't a kneejerk one to counter the usual ridiculous overreaction on here.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

What, to debate in a divisive manner? 

As much as you make some good posts HPF you do seem to be involved in nearly all of the offtopic debating on the board. Maybe if you ignored it (or the poster) then there'd be a lot less divisive debating. 

We need a midfield - Ndidi ok but James and King are past it/not up to this level. Crap substitutions as usual and Gray gobs off how good he is but looks second rate to me - Mahrez has been found out by the better teams but should be ok against the rest, Slim looks OK to me, but he scores with his head mainly and no one is crossing. Shakey won't last and it's a shame because he has been great for the club - he should have let them get someone who knows the job in and stuck to his own - Chelsea were toying with us to be honest - do or die for him next week, it could be a turning point - we should beat them though...............

I sit in b3 right to the side of the box.

A previous break saw the ball put in and i thought morata was off ... the lino didnt flag.   But it came to nothing. 

At their next break they scored... i was watching morata when the ball was kicked and he was clearly off.. just. But it was clear.  

We have had that lino before he is always crap 

Thought..  when the winger is shaping to cross why doesnt Morgan just let the fwd drift offside. Why does he move back too?

Mahrez needs to look at the video again and understand the decisions he's getting sooo wrong. I would start grey ahead of mahrez now. Akbrighton should not be the one to be dropped

Slim needs to sort out his back to goal play... shooting from the box edge... he shouldn't play again till he has done this

If iborra or silva cant be a playmaker we are in deep sh1t. 

Shakes is too cautious. ..  he is tring not to get hammered..  at 1 down he tried to keep the score down rather than chase the game .  I like shakey.... but i will say it now.....   He is not the guy for us and until he goes we are in the brown stuff

Finally. .. selling drinky was a massive error. It's like saying to the others "don't worry about honouring yojr contracts ...if u want to go we wont get in your way"

WE ARE NOT A BETTER TEAM WITHOUT DD

31 minutes ago, AylestoneRaider said:

A lot of people get annoyed with brainless negativity - and rightly so.

I think constructive criticism of tactical changes or defensive naivety is understandle, but spouting overreactive non-sense doesn't help anyone. Stuff like "Mahrez crap again today" when he was clearly our most creative player will always get a reaction.

I think that positivity and being supportive of the players in the ground helps enormously. 

He wasnt creative

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

It'sworse... we have sent the wrong message to the other players.   And to teams who will pick off our best.

It smacks of a failure in ambition

You may well be right ...   I wouldn't have sold him ...   and I think he would have moaned a bit but got over it.   Why do we put valuations on players if we don't want to sell them ???  ...   thats the bit I don't get.    However ..  he's gone now and who knows, maybe our two new guys will fill the gap ..  and MAYBE even improve things !?! ...   time will tell.

13 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

He wasnt creative

He created the chance for Slimani and lead the attack for the Vardy chance at the end. What did Gray or Albrighton do? He Created the chance for Vardy 1st half as well. Same as United game, our most creative threat- by far. I appreciate you might not like him, but that is a fact.

14 minutes ago, AylestoneRaider said:

He created the chance for Slimani and lead the attack for the Vardy chance at the end. What did Gray or Albrighton do? He Created the chance for Vardy 1st half as well. Same as United game, our most creative threat- by far. I appreciate you might not like him, but that is a fact.

He should have pased it to vardy earlier. Thats what he needs to learn

12 minutes ago, AylestoneRaider said:

He gave the ball away a lot. A ridiculous amount of times. He didnt create enough to justify that. I think King probably did as well creating good chances.  Our only goal was nothing to do with him, but Gray was involved in it.

Archived