Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Chelsea post match 1-2

15 minutes ago, vanity said:

IDK if it is too early. We are seeing Shakey play too conservatively, worshiping the players who got him the job. He needs to let the other testicle drop and stop playing for 1-0 win with 20% possession and Vardy scoring on the counter. Our defense is not good enough to do that against the better attacking sides. We gift all sorts of possession with this personnel and mentality, and it makes the game much harder for no good reason. 

We aren't the scrappy team of 500k players anymore, and we aren't good enough defensively to hold teams like Man U or Chelsea scoreless. We need to play our f'ing talent to have any chance of winning, and choosing to do so with 15 minutes left in the game is not going to get the job done. 

To Shakey's credit, starting Slim should've gotten us the lead. Our squad isn't exactly clinical this season in front of the goal. 

Isn't Iheanacho still struggling with/carrying an injury?

1 minute ago, steveb said:

The difference today was Mahrez - he had all of the best oportunities to produce chances

Did so badly i thought he was playing for them - i know he's potentially brilliant - but at the moment i wouldn't pick him to pick fruit 

Slimani either - clearly he either hasn't got it or doesn't want to produce it

lcfc are all about trying and neither of them seemed to give a stuff  

Bwahahaha.

Short of quality in the toughest games. Feel like we've had the right idea bringing in Iborra and Silva to this end but of course the execution has been shambolic. What is up with Iborra? Out for over a month now.

So annoying being handed these fixtures at the start of the season, just like last year. 

See how we get on next week.

25 minutes ago, DatfoxesKid23 said:

next match line up * if we manage to get silva then james is off straight away  

schmiechel

simpson  morgan  maguire  fuchs

ndidi        iborra

james*

Mahrez          vardy          albrighton

Interesting, I thought James looked a lot more effective in offensive positions. Perhaps struggled to keep up at times in a deeper role.

I do wonder where this system leaves Iheanacho if the Silva/Drinkwater muck-up leads us towards it.

Just now, indierich06 said:

If he is, please don't 'manage' it like they did with Drinky's injury last season. If he needs three weeks, let him have three weeks. Go with Shinj in the 4-4-1-1 or try a 4-2-3-1 without King in the advanced role, where he lacks the creativity, and perhaps with Iborra factored in somewhere. Perhaps.

bit of perspective, we've lost to arsenal,United and Chelsea, games we were always unlikely to get anything from, i think some folk seem to forget that barring the premier league winning season, we struggle against these sides and rightly so, they all have world class players who dominate games, we really don't as of yet, aside from obviously losing these games i don't think we've been that badly beaten, and today we could have maybe snuck a point, its no Biggy 

I'm pretty fed up with that performance. We looked a very very average side and the truth is Chelsea didn't have to play too well to beat us quite comfortably.

We hardly created anything from open play even though we had the ball in quite good places at times we simply lacked the creative player to do anything with it, especially in the central midfield areas.

Mahrez wasn't bad but he's having to pick the ball up near the half way line and then has too much to do. Vardy was good and was just about the only player who looked likely to score. Maguire had a decent game despite giving away the ball in a poor position on a couple of occasions. Morgan was done for their first goal.

What was said at half time? we put on King to shore up the midfield and within five minutes allow Kante around 25 metres of space who then scores. Where were the midfield?

Yet again a transfer window has passed and we have failed to address the real issue in the team which is the lack of creativity. We have a number of central midfielders who are all much of a muchness and offer virtually nothing in an attacking sense. If Vardy were to get injured we would be in big trouble. Slimani was awful, Shinji doesn't score enough goals and I can't see Ulloa contributing a lot either. Iheanacho might be ok but why leave it so late to bring him on? Also looked like he had never trained with Vardy let alone played together.

Gray had a good chance to show what he could offer but was miserably average at best.

We've had a tough start but we need something at Huddersfield now and our away form has been abysml for a long time and I bet we set up to try and not get beaten.

1 minute ago, DelBoy73 said:

Well, CS has to work with the men at his disposal.

With a midfield of players lacking vision, creativity and passing ability, we should heavily rely on speed counters from the wings and bypass any build-up implying the midfield.

Last season i thought the Musa signing would have fit perfectly with that tactic, but he revealed to be a baffling flop.

Though,with that in mind, i have to state that Simpson is a weak link: he is alright in defense but contributes fxxck all going forward, which in a counter-attacking team like us is an abysmal downfall.

I just can't name any counter attacking team with their full back site-sitting behind.

We should either get him to force his nature and contribute up-front, or get an attack-minded right back in Jan.

I strongly agree with this, imagine if we had a more forward thinking, ball playing RB. I think this would move us on another level which will happen eventually, strangely simpson could do a great job as a CB in a 3-5-2

3 minutes ago, copunk said:

bit of perspective, we've lost to arsenal,United and Chelsea, games we were always unlikely to get anything from, i think some folk seem to forget that barring the premier league winning season, we struggle against these sides and rightly so, they all have world class players who dominate games, we really don't as of yet, aside from obviously losing these games i don't think we've been that badly beaten, and today we could have maybe snuck a point, its no Biggy 

We will know where we are after the Huddersfield game.

However there does seem to be a lack of pace and creativity (and maybe belief) this season.You just knew today and last week that we would lose even though I cannot say we played particularly badly.Looking at the squad you would think we are comfortably mid table but not so sure yet not quite blending and need to play with a bit more ambition or we might struggle.

To be fair we have played four games and three have been against Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd. It is great to be optimistic, it is great to have hope and to aspire to bigger things but in reality the 3 points from the first four games is an expected return. Had we lost to Brighton then we could have raised an eyebrow but we were very comfortable. In fact we have generally been pretty comfortable in all games even during the turmoil of the transfer window. Let's see what happens against Huddersfield and Liverpool and hope for a Liverpool red card as they just fall apart in a rather humourous manner.

37 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We were getting overrun in midfield, an extra body was necessary and we improved second half.King is more of an attacking midfielder and Gray is less defensive than Albrighton.

Well today Gray actually had a better defensive rating than Albrighton and managed a clearance

7 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

We will know where we are after the Huddersfield game.

However there does seem to be a lack of pace and creativity (and maybe belief) this season.You just knew today and last week that we would lose even though I cannot say we played particularly badly.Looking at the squad you would think we are comfortably mid table but not so sure yet not quite blending and need to play with a bit more ambition or we might struggle.

Why does everyone keep saying we will know where we are after Huddersfield.

On one hand the good team results dont count as they're the good teams, but if we beat 2 newly promoted teams will be ok 

I haven't watched the game, so need someone to confirm my suspicion, but from the line-up it would appear not much was done to consider Chelsea's unique threat from the formation they play (or counter weaknessses built into that system.

Did Shakey simply send out a team to play as we normally do, or was their an attempt to work the 4-4-2 into something that counteract the 3-4-3? 

26 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

It is somewhat depressing when quite a lot of posts appear to take comfort in the fact we didn't disgrace ourselves or we kept it respectable or we did well to give the champions a game. I suspect some will disagree but that lacks ambition and is a piss poor mentality. 

Personally i dont think Chelsea ever got out of cruise control, stroll in the park 

I must admit I was shocked with the choice subs that came on at half time. The last 5 of the first half was frantic with chances at both end and it looked like the game had finally got it spark. That went out immediately. Clearly a plan to shake things up but it failed and instead of driving on we looked short on ideas.

I know Slim get a rough ride, but he played well today. He should of hit the net but the chance wouldn't of even come about if he didn't win the ball in our own half before he get mahrez for a quick counter.

Maguire looks supreme quality... very very happy with that business. 

Positives/decent performance

Maguire

Nidid played well against a very tough matchup in Kante.

Slim showed some nice link up and it's the hardest I've seen him work.. I do see something in him but find him frustrating.

Disappointed with

Half time changes... made at the wrong time and the wrong personnel. Looked like we were shaping up to contain a 1 - 0 loss??

22 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

More thinking about Gray needing to start against the better sides, opposite Mahrez. As for Iheanacho, he was well enough to play today, but he needs more than what, 12 min of reg time? Though he is likely to be struggling with the toe all season, that is how those injuries work. He either plays through it or he sits for a couple months or whatever, this 10-12 minutes of playing just isn't worth it. He and Iborra need to get right ASAP, but even when they are healthy, I worry we will still see fidelity to the ghosts of 2015.

Slimani missed the chance and he had to bury it, with that I agree. But people think that goalkeepers don't exist or what? Cortouis just happens to be one of the best GK in the world, and of course made a great save, Slimani should have scored that and he has the quality to do so, but every player misses chances, now criticize him and say to get rid and Iheanacho must be the starter just because of one miss is stupid. He did a good game, but shouldn't have missed. Shit happens guys, just understand that every player misses chances, and no player has 100% efficiency not even Ronaldo or Messi. With that said, I think Leicester played a good game, and could very well get a draw, but couldn't understand the King sub, if someone had to come on was Iheanacho.

Courtois had a quiet afternoon. 

Seems to be that we play more as a team of individuals rather than as a team. 

Harry Beckenbauer, N'Didi and Vardy's refound mojo all pluses. 

Riyad will more more likely get a move to Bolton than Barcelona with performances like that. 

Jury is still out for me on Shakey due to the tough start but I do expect improvement in the coming weeks. 

Archived