Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Where to go on the piss in Leicester

Last time I went out there it was pretty pants. Is there any decent places to go. Either with the lads or with the wife. Be nice to know the better spots next time.

Last time (lads) went to that dog pub, then the one by the market, then ended up at a really poor club by the bus station, clutching cheap alcopops.

Must be better places

Some decent pubs / bars, Rutland & Derby, Knight & Garter, Taps, Queen of Bradgate, Richard III have a mixture of people.

Plenty of others seem popular like Cosy Club, Apres Ski, Juke Box, Turtle Bay (restaurant but a lot go in for beer, around St St Martins there are few now. Not where I'd go but you see plenty going in there.

Depends how old you are and what you like?

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Some decent pubs / bars, Rutland & Derby, Knight & Garter, Taps, Queen of Bradgate, Richard III have a mixture of people.

Plenty of others seem popular like Cosy Club, Apres Ski, Juke Box, Turtle Bay (restaurant but a lot go in for beer, around St St Martins there are few now. Not where I'd go but you see plenty going in there.

Depends how old you are and what you like?

Taps is done and dusted mate :( Think the owners are putting more time and effort into Wygstons House now

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Taps is done and dusted mate :( Think the owners are putting more time and effort into Wygstons House now

Not been in there for a few months to be fair, still seemed ok back then but the other place has had only been open a couple of days. Shame.

I literally can't even begin to fathom why anyone would choose to spend ANY time in shit-holes like Fan Club, Mosh, etc.

Absolutely unforgivable behaviour, especially if over 16. 

I don't particularly understand the need to go out and pour shit drinks down your neck and dance to shit music with people of equally poor taste though, so... 

Back in the day we used to go to the Polar Bear near the University, wander into town towards either Traz, Retribution, Mosh or Fan Club before they expanded. Probably wouldn't go to any of those if you're older than 21 now.

Depends what you're after really. Last few times I've gone on the piss we've just ended up at Firebug all night. Quite like it personally as it's a decent atmosphere, you can spend most of the night there just drinking and talking, and the McDonalds is right next door when you've got the munchies. Is the Carillion still open? Remember that being a decent place. Quite like the Globe too.

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Yep. It's a shame because that place is shit in comparison.

Leicester needs more places like Taps.

20 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I literally can't even begin to fathom why anyone would choose to spend ANY time in shit-holes like Fan Club, Mosh, etc.

I don't particularly understand the need to go out and pour shit drinks down your neck and dance to shit music with people of equally poor taste though, so... 

I go Mosh when I'm hammered and I have a good time with people I enjoy spending time with, sorry I'm not the sophisticated bundle of joy you clearly are.

15 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Except it isn't shit music. You can argue they're holes and everyone is pug fugly in there but they're the only places that play some classics (or they always used to anyway) rather than playing the latest dreadful pop music like Republic, Ghost etc or any of those places for loser teenagers.

Likewise Liquid was a dive but could be alright, I remember they had an Oasis night once.

It depends what you're going out for but if you want to get wasted and dance to songs that you actually like rather than just going somewhere to pose and check out the birds then Mosh and Fanclub were always a good laugh.

(My disclaimer is I haven't been out in Leicester for about 18 months.)

28 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

cheer up you tory nonce

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

cheer up you tory nonce

tory lol 

i feel bad for people who think a night out drinking cheap lager / wkd in generic shit clubs like Mosh and Fan Club are decent nights out.

maybe I was just spoilt when I was younger and going out every weekend but we did significantly more awesome shit than that.

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

tory lol 

i feel bad for people who think a night out drinking cheap lager / wkd in generic shit clubs like Mosh and Fan Club are decent nights out.

maybe I was just spoilt when I was younger and going out every weekend but we did significantly more awesome shit than that.

The fan club was the best club in Leicester at the end of the 90s. 

41 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

to be fair, each to their own and that. 

if I had to choose again between dancing down the front of slammin' vinyl in 2001 or drinking a warm pint of carling in fan club... well, I wouldn't do it differently let's put it that way. :D

so many slazenger polos

Skip the going out bit, get f**ked up at home and then when suitably lubricated, head straight to the nearest Maryland Chicken.

It's the only part of a Leicester night out you'll ever need to experience.

And the next day will be an experience you will certainly never forget. 

Archived