Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

It's interesting how other people view things so differently.

Personally I'd take Liverpool fans giving it the big'un over Real and Barca basically carving up La Liga with their ridiculously lopsided TV money agreements and their supposed divine right to win it each year, to say nothing of the pretentious "more than a club" rubbish (backed by their own set of fans giving it the big'un) any day of the week and twice on Sundays. At least Liverpool get more than the occasional humbling experience in their own league by comparison.

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

It's interesting how other people view things so differently.

Personally I'd take Liverpool fans giving it the big'un over Real and Barca basically carving up La Liga with their ridiculously lopsided TV money agreements and their supposed divine right to win it each year, to say nothing of the pretentious "more than a club" rubbish (backed by their own set of fans giving it the big'un) any day of the week and twice on Sundays. At least Liverpool get more than the occasional humbling experience in their own league by comparison.

I agree with you about Real/Barca. I could get behind anyone else against them, but my workmate is just too damn annoying.

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's interesting how people who have never set foot Madrid can want Real to win because some Liverpool fans are plastic.

Tbh I’m not really that fussed either way ....    but the oppo fans won’t be anywhere near me if they win, unlike the ‘I’m a scouser for the day’ boys   ..   and it doesn’t matter whether it’s a Spanish, German, or Italian team ...   or whether I’ve been there ...   one man one team, that’s me ....    :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Tbh I’m not really that fussed either way ....    but the oppo fans won’t be anywhere near me if they win, unlike the ‘I’m a scouser for the day’ boys   ..   and it doesn’t matter whether it’s a Spanish, German, or Italian team ...   or whether I’ve been there ...   one man one team, that’s me ....    :thumbup:

I wasn't having a pop C.F. 

I always want the British team to win, even when it's Man U.

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I wasn't having a pop C.F. 

I always want the British team to win, even when it's Man U.

Tbh I normally do too mate ...   I’ll  just sit back and enjoy the match over a beer (or two)  ...    what will be will be ...   :)

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I like Liverpool (and Everton too actually) so want them to win.

Many times I've been at Anfield and their fans have clapped off our players if we've put in a good performance. Can remember it happening recently when we came from 2-0 down under Pearson. Both Liverpool and Man Utd fans are good in that respect, they seem to acknowledge the opposition if they've been good.

They certainly didn't do that when Wolves beat them 1-0 at Anfield under Hodgson. They were too busy booing! 

Edited by The Bear

10 hours ago, Webbo said:

It's interesting how people who have never set foot Madrid can want Real to win because some Liverpool fans are plastic.

think my ev mate summed it up before kick off, i didn’t want real madrid to win i just wanted liverpool to fu cking lose. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

lol

Maybe it’s a generational thing. English teams bossed Europe in the late 70,s early 80’s and those wins were pretty much celebrated across the country from what I remember.

But the worlds a smaller place now and we’ve got kids in England wearing Real and Barca shirts. Proper European 

I think it is generational. Back in the late 70s/early 80s, I remember listening to European nights on the radio, willing all the British clubs to win.

I certainly wasn't some Brexity British nationalist.

If I could define it, it was a sort of pride - gave me some pride that "our" teams were making their mark in Europe.

Nothing anti-foreign about it either. I suppose part of it was that Europe seemed more distant then and we knew much less about continental teams.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Some prisoners should be allowed to be monitored somewhere else outside cells, to reduce the overcrowding issue in jails.

Or we should build more jails

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Some prisoners should be allowed to be monitored somewhere else outside cells, to reduce the overcrowding issue in jails.

We need to end imprisonment for fine default, change what puts someone in prison and change what goals our prisons are aiming for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

We need to end imprisonment for fine default, change what puts someone in prison and change what goals our prisons are aiming for.

And lock people up who commit knife crime for a long time ....   if anyone can think of a genuinely better way of dealing with this problem let me know ...    

On 26/05/2018 at 10:17, leicsmac said:

I can stand neither Real nor Barca due to their highly visible arrogance complex so whatever my opinion of Liverpool's fans, I hope they win tonight.

I was hoping they'd both lose.

23 hours ago, Webbo said:

I guess you've never set foot in Liverpool then. :D or you'd understand the feeling. 

I can understand both points of view. I'd like the English to beat the Spaniards (are there any England players in the liverpool team?) but plastic supporters giving it the big one at home are incredibly annoying. At the moment we can point to our better trophy winning record since 2015.

Would you be cheering on Forest (or whichever British team you dislike the most) to win the CL final?

4 hours ago, ozleicester said:

I agree with the idea but maybe not with the details as I'm pretty sure you're more "human" than I am.

There are far too many people going into the prison system for crimes that people shouldn't be locked up for. Some crimes are to do with "poverty", many crimes are not against a person and some convicted WILL be better off with rehabilitation and community schemes. We probably agree here, where we're likely to disagree is that I believe some "criminals" should be imprisoned for longer and have to do "hard" labour or community work and not have a "free" ride - when I say that I mean costing the nation, doing nothing and with no real hope of rehabilitation.

Not quoting your whole post @FIF but there were three English starters for Liverpool. Milner, Henderson and Alexander-Arnold. They also had Lallana, Solanke and Clyne on the bench. Also if he wasn't injured Oxlade-Chamberlain would almost certainly have started.

Edited by Facecloth

Opinion: We'll get more points next season without Mahrez than we did this season with him.

(Mancity will probably get less with him next season than without him this season).

31 minutes ago, FIF said:

I was hoping they'd both lose.

I guess you've never set foot in Liverpool then. :D or you'd understand the feeling. 

I can understand both points of view. I'd like the English to beat the Spaniards (are there any England players in the liverpool team?) but plastic supporters giving it the big one at home are incredibly annoying. At the moment we can point to our better trophy winning record since 2015.

Would you be cheering on Forest (or whichever British team you dislike the most) to win the CL final?

I did cheer on forest when they were in the final and I cheered on Man U who I despise over any other team in football.

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I did cheer on forest when they were in the final and I cheered on Man U who I despise over any other team in football.

I was watching in a pub in Leicester with some mates in ‘99 when Utd beat Bayern and the whole place went mental when they won in injury time - including me. Still felt like England beating Germany some how :D

8 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I was watching in a pub in Leicester with some mates in ‘99 when Utd beat Bayern and the whole place went mental when they won in injury time - including me. Still felt like England beating Germany some how :D

I was in a pub in Leicester in 2012 when Chelsea won and it went mental then too.

I usually back the English or British sports person/team, with a few exceptions. I'm too young for the Forest European finals but I'm sure they'd have been one of them. :D

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I agree with the idea but maybe not with the details as I'm pretty sure you're more "human" than I am.

There are far too many people going into the prison system for crimes that people shouldn't be locked up for. Some crimes are to do with "poverty", many crimes are not against a person and some convicted WILL be better off with rehabilitation and community schemes. We probably agree here, where we're likely to disagree is that I believe some "criminals" should be imprisoned for longer and have to do "hard" labour or community work and not have a "free" ride - when I say that I mean costing the nation, doing nothing and with no real hope of rehabilitation.

lol nah, im not that human.

crimes against people require punishment and severity should reflect the crime, rapists, child abusers, murders etc. BUT, unless they are in for life (which most murderers and child abusers should be) for the good of society as well as for the person... we need to make prison work for the prisoner., there no point having them doing hard labour for 5 years...then setting them free with anger and resentment.

oh and there is no place for capital punishment ever.

47 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Except for terrorists ...   or Forest fans ...   or the bloke who dented my truck in the supermarket car park ...    but apart from that I agree with you 100 % ...    :thumbup:

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

lol nah, im not that human.

crimes against people require punishment and severity should reflect the crime, rapists, child abusers, murders etc. BUT, unless they are in for life (which most murderers and child abusers should be) for the good of society as well as for the person... we need to make prison work for the prisoner., there no point having them doing hard labour for 5 years...then setting them free with anger and resentment.

So what the fvck are we supposed to do with all the Tories, come the revolution?

• Haha 1