Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

28 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I'm not sure why Family Guy is so popular, occasionally funny but most of the jokes are low hanging fruit, South Park as a comparison is hardly subtle but there's a bit more effort put into the humour.

I have never managed to get into south park tbh. I think it’s how the characters look. The jokes are ok but the actual looks are horrible. 

Love family guy though. And hate to admit it but occasionally watch American dad too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

I have never managed to get into south park tbh. I think it’s how the characters look. The jokes are ok but the actual looks are horrible. 

Love family guy though. And hate to admit it but occasionally watch American dad too. 

I'm not into it either really but I think Seth McFarland is a bit annoying whereas Matt Parker and Trey Stone are funny blokes, they're not fans of FG either haha

• Haha 1

family guy is absolutely watchable and it's had some amazing episodes throughout it's time - but there is a lot of poor episodes in there too. 

cleveland show is an absolute fail - not sure why they chose that character for a spin-off; would have much rather seen them doing something with Quagmire. 

american dad is absolutely brilliant though - easily the best in terms of creativity, story-lines, etc. Roger is such a brilliantly versatile character - he completely runs that show. 

personally think the simpsons outstayed it's welcome and should have stopped a long time ago.

futurama is brilliant - easily better than the simpsons.

south park  has been consistently brilliant since it started - the writers ability to take current events and absolutely slaughter them in a very short space of time is brilliant. it's been especially good in the last few seasons where each episode has been part of a bigger story-line as opposed to the early seasons where each episode was it's own entity. 

17 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The Simpsons programme is long-past its sell-by date.

I don't think that unpopular, I think that's a pretty widely held opinion.

Also "The Simpsons programme" lol No idea why it made me laugh, but it did.

9 hours ago, bovril said:

I liked early south park but the newer stuff where they try to do satire and political commentary is a bit sixth form politics at times. Some of it works but a lot is quite cringey. 

Basically this.

I'm always surprised when people consider South Park to be good satire. It's always come across as being a bit like 14 years old who've just discovered politics and think everything is grand sweeping ideology and everyone except them are idiots, rather than the actual pretty mundane decision making and microeconomics that makes up most actual politics.

If people find South Park funny that's their prerogative, but it's really, really poor and simplistic as a piece of satire. It's a far better programme when it's not trying to be satirical.

• Thanks 1

There are some new Simpsons episodes that are actually quite good, "Barthood" is brilliant and they had one that was a parody of the 30 for 30 ESPN a few weeks ago I saw that was brilliant. 

Will never reach the level of S3-S11 but can be watchable.

Family Guy is full-on dogshit, not even remotely funny ever. It's just Peter Kay stand-up with shit characters

"Hey Lois remember that time I was in Star Trek?"

"Hey Lois remember that time I was Adolf Hitler?"

"Hey Lois remember that time I was Shawshank Redemption?"

HAHAHAHA REFERENCES

• Like 3

On 20/10/2018 at 18:39, MattP said:

There are some new Simpsons episodes that are actually quite good, "Barthood" is brilliant and they had one that was a parody of the 30 for 30 ESPN a few weeks ago I saw that was brilliant. 

Will never reach the level of S3-S11 but can be watchable.