Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Football should employ professional fans.

As the Prem moves us further towards TV football and gentrified, corporate crowds, I think it's time that clubs paid a number of supporters (or simply gave them free entry to matches) in return for them singing, applauding, supporting vociforously for their home team clubs. The contract can be clear that bad langauge etc... isn't allowed but the added noise and football atmosphere would surely help the home team players as well as make the football experience more exciting. In these days where home receipts are not as important as TV revenue or as they used to be, I think advantage can be taken of that.  

11 minutes ago, FIF said:

As the Prem moves us further towards TV football and gentrified, corporate crowds, I think it's time that clubs paid a number of supporters (or simply gave them free entry to matches) in return for them singing, applauding, supporting vociforously for their home team clubs. The contract can be clear that bad langauge etc... isn't allowed but the added noise and football atmosphere would surely help the home team players as well as make the football experience more exciting. In these days where home receipts are not as important as TV revenue or as they used to be, I think advantage can be taken of that.  

Are you actually serious or you taking the piss? Possibly one of the most horrifying ideas ever presented. Fits in well with the thread though, mind. :thumbup:

29 minutes ago, FIF said:

So cheerleaders?

1 hour ago, Asha said:

So cheerleaders?

Much better than prawn sandwich eaters.

Slightly different however. Cheerleaders - lead the cheering crowd. Professional fans ARE the crowd noise. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, FIF said:

So you are telling me that Lee Jobber is a real fan and not a drumming pro? ?

4 hours ago, FIF said:

Well done, a truly unpopular opinion.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, FIF said:

I got a weird sort of Black Mirror, look in to the future vibe when I read this. 

3 hours ago, lanefox said:

Artic monkeys are terrible

kasabian after west ryder lunatic is pure trash

red hot chilli peppers ?

The beatles.......meh

Another good one for the thread. This again will be very unpopular amongst certain posters (ie me).

sort of agree to an extent with The Beatles though but I know there’s a few on here that are big fans to I’m waiting to be shot down. 

5 hours ago, lanefox said:

Artic monkeys are terrible

kasabian after west ryder lunatic is pure trash

red hot chilli peppers ?

The beatles.......meh

RHCP were fantastic up till about 1995, they still the odd okay song but they do get worse and worse

2 hours ago, Manini said:

Another good one for the thread. This again will be very unpopular amongst certain posters (ie me).

sort of agree to an extent with The Beatles though but I know there’s a few on here that are big fans to I’m waiting to be shot down. 

Absolutely not true...............

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

I detest Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.

I can't stand it either. Not really a massive fan of Queen though I like a bit of their early stuff.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

Love the way you add ‘...by Queen’.  lol

Like there’s anybody who doesn’t know. 

Isn’t there a film out at the moment,about the life of Queen entitled that?

That might be good,but I assume it has that turgid song on it.

Edited by cambridgefox

16 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Isn’t there a film out at the moment,about the life of Queen entitled that?

That might be good,but I assume it has that turgid song on it.

Yes, there's quite a bit in the film Bohemian Rhapsody about how they wrote the song Bohemian Rhapsody.

The best bit in the film is how their Manager at the time hates it and says it won't sell because it's 'Opera' and then it goes on to sell over 6 million singles worldwide and becomes the UK's third biggest selling single of all time.