Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Unpopular opinion

I don't like Alan Birchenal. I never have. I didn't think much of him as a footballer for Leicester and when I met him I didn't like him as a person.

He has to some extent completely re-invented himself over the last few decades but even when I've met him more recently I've found him to be false and a hypocrite.

Maybe I'm wrong but that's my opinion for today.

12 minutes ago, FIF said:

Unpopular opinion

I don't like Alan Birchenal. I never have. I didn't think much of him as a footballer for Leicester and when I met him I didn't like him as a person.

He has to some extent completely re-invented himself over the last few decades but even when I've met him more recently I've found him to be false and a hypocrite.

You missed out p1ssed up windbag ...    :ph34r:    But he does a lot for the club and the community and I forgive him all that.    You’ll miss him when he’s gone.

9 minutes ago, FIF said:

Unpopular opinion

I've never met him so cannot offer an opinion on Birch one way or the other.

But I wonder if it's just his Cockney persona. A lot of Cockneys and others from around London come across as insincere bullshitters to folks from further north.

Some of them are indeed bullshitting hypocrites, but with others it's just a sort of cultural thing, like a social performance, I think.

I can think of people I worked with in my London days - and indeed my cousin's husband - who express themselves in a similar way, but are thoroughly sincere, decent people.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Christmas songs are tripe and those that pretend to like them, especially in November, are the worst kind of human.

*oOoOoOh LeTs StIcK HeArT 106 oN aNd HaVe A sInG aLoNg To ShAkIn StEvEnS*

BIN

Wow man I love Christmas songs (well, some of them).

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Wow man I love Christmas songs (well, some of them).

Liking them is fine, even loving them I can just about understand as there are some bangers. 

My post is more a personal thing, got some absolute WUM whoppers at work who put on the heart Xmas radio station on like 3rd November and faux loved it to wind others up. It worked!!!!

the fact that heart have a dedicated Xmas song station on 3rd November is the real offence here 

18 hours ago, FIF said:

Unpopular opinion

I usually love your posts, but I have to disagree with you on this. We did the tour of the stadium earlier this year with him, and he was fantastic. Very knowledgeable, he had some great stories to tell, and he was fabulous with my daughter and the other youngsters on the tour. 

I never thought of him as false, and I really felt for him at the Burnley game, he was struggling to keep it together before the match. 

But each to their own, that's why the thread is named as such ?

Edited by FoxesDeb

Man United will eventually be a great force to be reckoned with again in a few seasons or so (with or without Mourinho).

Global warming threats are over-estimated, and the Paris emission reduction target agreements over it are for just for the interests for political reference.

58 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Man United will eventually be a great force to be reckoned with again in a few seasons or so (with or without Mourinho).

Global warming threats are over-estimated, and the Paris emission reduction target agreements over it are for just for the interests for political reference.

Could be right, however...I don't see any reasons why the scientists would lie (more in it for them from saying everything about the status quo is fine) and it's a pretty damn big gamble to be taking considering the stakes.

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Do you really think the worlds richest club will recover or are you having us on?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Christmas songs are tripe and those that pretend to like them, especially in November, are the worst kind of human.

*oOoOoOh LeTs StIcK HeArT 106 oN aNd HaVe A sInG aLoNg To ShAkIn StEvEnS*

BIN

No-one does christmas songs like the english... it DOES NOT happen here in Oz to any way close... after we came back here, we downloaded the 7 or so songs that UK radio plays incessantly for all of December and now have it as a play list to laugh at when it runs through...My wife even bought me a "Driving home for xmas" T shirt purely for comedic value.

I dont know if i love or loathe them, but i love the laughs they produce,

Gareth Southgate is not a yes man.

The following is just a short list of the things he's implemented since becoming England manager.

- Dropped Rooney as captain and as a player in the squad when others continuously backed the big players on reputation only

- Played 3-5-2 in a world cup with a back 3 consisting of 2 ball playing centre backs and an attack minded full back

- Picked a gulf of players outside the big clubs and given them a chance. If the player takes the chance then they stay.

- He's given youth a greater chance than most of his predecessors

He's still learning and has some flaws ( not putting on Dier vs Croatia to shore up the midfield / not having a plan b around Vardy in the world cup, etc) but calls on him being a yes man are ridiculous.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I think they'll go the other way and end up like Liverpool not winning the league for seasons.

12 hours ago, Nalis said:

Gareth Southgate is not a yes man.

The following is just a short list of the things he's implemented since becoming England manager.

- Dropped Rooney as captain and as a player in the squad when others continuously backed the big players on reputation only

- Played 3-5-2 in a world cup with a back 3 consisting of 2 ball playing centre backs and an attack minded full back

- Picked a gulf of players outside the big clubs and given them a chance. If the player takes the chance then they stay.

- He's given youth a greater chance than most of his predecessors

He's still learning and has some flaws ( not putting on Dier vs Croatia to shore up the midfield / not having a plan b around Vardy in the world cup, etc) but calls on him being a yes man are ridiculous.

Also, the FA are not as big a bunch of cvnts as everyone thinks.

I'm currently doing my FA Level 1 coaching badge and I've been extremely impressed with the whole set up. I think all the work they've done around future player development is world class and a lot of it was created and implemented by Southgate in his former role as head of elite development.

I firmly believe the future of our national game is bright and although there's lots of challenges at grass roots level, the FA are actually doing a decent job in supporting coaches to follow the right framework to develop talent.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Also, the FA are not as big a bunch of cvnts as everyone thinks.

I'm currently doing my FA Level 1 coaching badge and I've been extremely impressed with the whole set up. I think all the work they've done around future player development is world class and a lot of it was created and implemented by Southgate in his former role as head of elite development.

I firmly believe the future of our national game is bright and although there's lots of challenges at grass roots level, the FA are actually doing a decent job in supporting coaches to follow the right framework to develop talent.

lol Oh Izzy, theyve got you...

• Haha 1

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 03:07, ozleicester said:

No-one does christmas songs like the english... it DOES NOT happen here in Oz to any way close... after we came back here, we downloaded the 7 or so songs that UK radio plays incessantly for all of December and now have it as a play list to laugh at when it runs through...My wife even bought me a "Driving home for xmas" T shirt purely for comedic value.

I dont know if i love or loathe them, but i love the laughs they produce,

To be fair, those songs are probably quite easy to laugh at when its 25C+ outside...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/11/2018 at 13:41, FIF said:

Unpopular opinion

“If she was my daughter I’d still be bathing her” he said about a young lady waiting tables in the match day sponsors dining room in the Carling stand. He was a dinosaur twenty five years ago.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

“If she was my daughter I’d still be bathing her” he said about a young lady waiting tables in the match day sponsors dining room in the Carling stand. He was a dinosaur twenty five years ago.

I was going to respond to this with one of the rep emojis but there was only confused and sad, neither of which does this justice. 

There should be a yuk option.