Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Just seen a thread on twitter on this exact subject incidentally 

Great player clearly but I think World Cup success isn't necessarily indicative of a career on the whole, Harry Kane has the same number of golden boots.

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Great player clearly but I think World Cup success isn't necessarily indicative of a career on the whole, Harry Kane has the same number of golden boots.

That really is something lol Mind you, Rossi, Ronaldo, Muller, Kempes and Eusebio only have one each too. Don't think anyone has won it twice.

7 hours ago, Stadt said:

On this I have to disagree.

And that leads to my (probably) unpopular opinion - because of that lack of success with their country at the World Cup and inspiring their nation and their national team, neither Messi nor Cristiano are as great or influential as Pele, Maradona (cheating cokefiend though he was) or the original Ronaldo, for all their club success. 

(Messi had his chance to immortalise himself in 2014, but blew it.)

• Like 4

I mean, if @Ozilassist says Pele isn't one of the greatest in history then who I am to accept it as anything as gospel. 

**** me. Same people that use the word fraud at an alarming rate. I wasn't around for Pele (clearly) but his legacy and influence on the game is clear for all to see. Emabrassing to see Messi and Ronaldo fanboys try to discredit his achievements in the game.

Great player, different era. You can argue there have been better Brazilian players at the time / since (Zico in particular) that never got the recognition of Pele, but that thread reeks of ****ing desperation.

Just accept he was fantastic and move on.

Edited by Langston
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Stadt said:

Harry Kane is a striker and played in a world cup with more sides involved, including Panama....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stadt said:

World Cups are great but in defining how good players were they're really really misleading. State of any club who buys players on the back of one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Langston said:

Harry Kane is a striker and played in a world cup with more sides involved, including Panama....

Plus the introduction of VAR which produced more penalty chances.

Those of us that watched Pele play - on pitches that today's footballers wouldn't even let their dogs shit on - know he was an incredible player. It's like those fans who don't realise how much better Gordon Banks was than anyone we see today. He made saves in games where big centre forwards could literally do GBH.

On 17/11/2018 at 18:53, SystonFox said:

Liking them is fine, even loving them I can just about understand as there are some bangers. 

My post is more a personal thing, got some absolute WUM whoppers at work who put on the heart Xmas radio station on like 3rd November and faux loved it to wind others up. It worked!!!!

the fact that heart have a dedicated Xmas song station on 3rd November is the real offence here 

I'm that person. works boring unless your winding someone up