Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

White People in general and especially White men are under a disgusting amount of scrutiny. 

Yeah, I'm sure there are many racist White men out there but it seems the benefit of the doubt is rarely given to white people. The far left would be surprised by how racist other races are. It just happens that white people are the most recent to implement slavery so they stand out but a quick google search will paint a much better picture.

• Like 2

Guest MattP
5 minutes ago, the fox said:

White People in general and especially White men are under a disgusting amount of scrutiny. 

Yeah, I'm sure there are many racist White men out there but it seems the benefit of the doubt is rarely given to white people. The far left would be surprised by how racist other races are. It just happens that white people are the most recent to implement slavery so they stand out but a quick google search will paint a much better picture.

I think it has always been there in the 'liberal elite' circles but I am surprised just how open and vocal it's become over the last couple of years, almost like a reaction to the Trump election.

It's not uncommon now to watch a programme like the Mash report or the Wright stuff and see Nish Kumar or Yasmin Alibah-Brown making jokes or having digs at "white men and women" in a way that would never be tolerated of another race.

Weirdly the same people are often those who then claim we have too much division in society. 

Edited by MattP

3 hours ago, MattP said:

Certainly, probably an element of truth to it though that if it were white on black we've have accusations of it being a racist attack though. 

Remember this?

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/09/when-the-facts-came-out-the-killing-of-a-polish-man-had-nothing-to-do-with-anti-immigrant-feeling/

The Polish guy was black? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

British food is fine, perhaps even under appreciated. It's not the best in the world but certainly doesn't deserve the rep it gets.

http://www.orwell.ru/library/articles/cooking/english/e_dec

This was included (kind of) in my OP in this thread. I always big up English food abroad which, as you can imagine, is a difficult and thankless task. 

• Like 2

Just now, bovril said:

This was included (kind of) in my OP in this thread. I always big up English food abroad which, as you can imagine, is a difficult and thankless task. 

I think Mediterranean countries can dish out it (pun probably intended) to us but the Germans certainly can't. American food by and large (again pun probably intended) is for children. Asians and Africans, fair enough but they're so diverse you can't classify food from continents as one entity.

Just now, Stadt said:

I think Mediterranean countries can dish out it (pun probably intended) to us but the Germans certainly can't. American food by and large (again pun probably intended) is for children. Asians and Africans, fair enough but they're so diverse you can't classify food from continents as one entity.

Italian food is good and they put an emphasis on quality of ingredients. But it's quite repetitive, especially in the northern half, and they are not particularly adventurous. I think food in the Middle East is the best I've had, just because of the mix of flavours and diversity of dishes. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bovril said:

Italian food is good and they put an emphasis on quality of ingredients. But it's quite repetitive, especially in the northern half, and they are not particularly adventurous. I think food in the Middle East is the best I've had, just because of the mix of flavours and diversity of dishes. 

The quality of the ingredients is probably partially we're the most obese nation in Europe, we're always greedy fat ****s that link too drink too much but it definitely contributes.

57 minutes ago, Stadt said:

what even is american food? i usually always class the food they eat as burgers,pizza and mexican food. none of which is even american lol

Edited by don_danbury

11 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

what even is american food?  ...

Burgers ...   definitely burgers ...   I’ll give them that ...   the grossly obese fat fookers eat burgers ...   double extra large burgers ...    quadruple cheese burgers, followed by ...   burgers ....     fat fvcks !

And ...   they wear extra extra large check shorts to eat them in ....   that’s the men and the women ! ....   and the big fat lumps talk sh1te while they are eating them as the fat runs down their big fat wobbly chops ....   

God bless America !! ...    :)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Burgers ...   definitely burgers ...   I’ll give them that ...   the grossly obese fat fookers eat burgers ...   double extra large burgers ...    quadruple cheese burgers, followed by ...   burgers ....     fat fvcks !

And ...   they wear extra extra large check shorts to eat them in ....   that’s the men and the women ! ....   and the big fat lumps talk sh1te while they are eating them as the fat runs down their big fat wobbly chops ....   

God bless America !! ...    :)

You are making me hungry.

CambridgeFox size XL

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

The quality of the ingredients is probably partially we're the most obese nation in Europe, we're always greedy fat ****s that link too drink too much but it definitely contributes.

portion size is the reason we’re all fat. even when we take foreign food and serve it in our country we double the size of it. 

imagine what an italian used to a thin and crispy 10 inch pizza would think when they realised most people in our country get a stuffed crust 16 inch doughy based pizza with a 15 meat toppings and still order a garlic bread and some chicken as well. 

same with things like tapas, pretty sure it’s not the norm in spain or portugal to order 16 plates between like 3 people because you “only get 5 garlic prawns per serving”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, don_danbury said:

what even is american food? i usually always class the food they eat as burgers,pizza and mexican food. none of which is even american lol

Yeah that's their staple takeaways, but they do have a variety of their own dishes which they do really well (depending on area)

Jambalaya, po boys, gumbo, chicken-fried steak, eggs benedict, clam chowder, fried chicken, etc. They're also very good at barbecued and cured meats. I think we've got to be thankful how they evolved the pizza into what it is today. I don't believe anyone who says they don't enjoy a sloppy pizza absolutely brimming with cheese and whatever else you want.

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Yeah that's their staple takeaways, but they do have a variety of their own dishes which they do really well (depending on area)

Jambalaya, po boys, gumbo, chicken-fried steak, eggs benedict, clam chowder, fried chicken, etc. They're also very good at barbecued and cured meats. I think we've got to be thankful how they evolved the pizza into what it is today. I don't believe anyone who says they don't enjoy a sloppy pizza absolutely brimming with cheese and whatever else you want.

Had a Clam Chowder there this year.Oh my word.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

wouldn't really count some of them as american though.

6 hours ago, don_danbury said:

Before we get on this Ameican,against English path....

get away from fast food chains,Barbecues fanatics(which can be Brilliant)...

USA has  some of the great Restaurants,when looking at New world and young chef/family old country faire when you get off the tourist path and ideas !

Seafood old and imaginative new faire 2nd to none. And good competitive prices. Their wine choices excellent.

Beer!! well they have a few good  local breweries But their frontline beers,are "pferde-piss"

In my healthy years,I literally walk cities and towns,searched where locals went,or businessmens hidden haunts...

Uk and USA ,Canada,and a few OZ-towns have great diverse original foreign faire and great Delicatessence,UK and USA,great new-world Indian-faire.

(By the way indian/Asian food has no original background...The Garam-masala type mixed spices,are different region from region,

some brought in by merchant trade,or Muslim hourdes,  (So they can't get on any original  food-snob-horse) 

UK has probably gone more Plastic than we believe USA to be...We've lost our traditional farm markets( Leicester was one of the best)

We ran away from our good traditional dishes, with local field  herbs and spices.

English B & B landladiess famous for lack of pride and dishing up poor faire Over decades.

It improved somewhat in some regions when Pub-food and small-restaurants/clubs became actually  re-interested in their customers.

From the fifties 1st the middle class,then eventually the Wclass,started to go to the nearby European countries..loved the foreign names to the food ,and became simple food snobs...simply Accepted the supermarkets easy fruit veg,and basic spices,where  Good old traddition Anglo-saxon/Norman food/herb faire just got pushed aside and forgotton!!!

Then food-health freaks, made out our Pies,our Fish n chips,even Faggots,Sausages,hotpots, were not good for healthy-living(idiots), amusingly they would go. abroad and eat the foreign equivillant!!!

Some dozos blamed the Common Market...strange Italy,Germanh,France/Spain's even the USA kept their local food-markets,and natural vegetables and herbs.

Farmers,still harvested proudly  their various,Greens,salads and Herbs,and not afraid to mix their stalls with a new grown crops,brought in to harvest locally!

and one could still  eat for a reasonable price..away from major tourist spots....

In UK,we are slowly refinding small market-garden businesses,but other countries just never lost it!!! 

Mind you London-downtown and wider area,has always had good Restaurants,and some foreign veg-markets and delicatessen,

But you had to know where to go...and where not to go...!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1