Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

7 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

That's pretty harsh, Buce, and a little over-serious. :D

Was it? It wasn’t meant to be either. 

Wymes (I think) has posted in the past about the difficulty he has in finding a nice woman, I was trying to be helpful by pointing out the error of focusing on looks. 

No offence intended, Wymes. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

lol you'd be so surprised if you ever actually met me. 

But then that's sort of the point. With no non verbal communication it's quite difficult to fully convey mood. Take your post above, it was a one liner and a url. There's not really anything in there to indicate you weren't being very serious. It was obvious to you but not necessarily to me. 

I love a good rant on here and I get why I probably come across as angry and bitter but I've usually got a grin on my face. Getting worked up and having a rant is quite energising really, gives me a bit of a lift. I'm always having a bit of a rant in my office but it's usually more me doing a "bit" than actually being upset. I'm like an unfunny ALDI Rhod Gilbert, maybe it's a Carmarthen thing. 

I can't remember ever actually being legitimately upset by much on here tbf. 

I think that's why I was so bemused by how calling FIF a cvnt blew up so much. To me it was just a bit of nothing but your man took it quite personally.

He hopefully wouldn't if he was sat next to me and saw the grin on my mug. 

Fair enough. 

You’re not the first person to misinterpret my humour and I don’t suppose you’ll be the last. 

19 minutes ago, Buce said:

Was it? It wasn’t meant to be either. 

Wymes (I think) has posted in the past about the difficulty he has in finding a nice woman, I was trying to be helpful by pointing out the error of focusing on looks. 

No offence intended, Wymes. 

Can't remember saying I had (doubt that I'd post such a thing, even if it was/is true)?

You're sounding as if I got some form of learning disability/felt desperate, but that's how I'm interpreting your comment here (which could be interpreted differently by others etc). I don't judge anyone by looks,  as everyone has their own story etc.

Am sure you're not with the last line. :thumbup:

PS: I posted Kim Jong-Un's wife after seeing the image on the BBC website and thought how lucky he is, despite his controversy.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Well, I'm a bit disappointed. I was looking forward to Fin talking more about the subject seeing that he had read many books from different prospectives.

Whilst he may come off as unpleasant in many of interactions with some on this forum, he's one of the few posters I rarely skip past when reading threads because he always has something interesting to talk about.

Oh, well :dunno:

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, the fox said:

Well, I'm I bit disappointed. I was looking forward to Fin talking more about the subject seeing that he had read many books from different prospectives.

Whilst he may come off as unpleasant in many of interactions with some on this forum, he's one of the few posters I rarely skip past when reading threads because he always has something interesting to talk about.

Oh, well :dunno:

Agree with this; it appears in that if he posts something that seems to target someone, he'd only do so via a tongue-in-cheek manner. Not many (just a handful?) know him on here, but personally see him as being harsh but cheeky in his approach which seem as rude to others.

Be quiet, Wymeswold fox, try not to dominate another thread and put others off the thread..

:whistle::D
Edited by Wymeswold fox

59 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Can't remember saying I had (doubt that I'd post such a thing, even if it was/is true)?

You're sounding as if I got some form of learning disability/felt desperate, but that's how I'm interpreting your comment here (which could be interpreted differently by others etc). I don't judge anyone by looks,  as everyone has their own story etc.

Am sure you're not with the last line. :thumbup:

Wymes, you’re making a storm in a teacup. I’ve obviously confused you with someone else and I was just reacting to the use of the word ‘lucky’. My bad. 

I don’t for one moment think you have a learning difficulty, and wouldn’t give two hoots if you did. 

In terms of life, you are afflicted with something much more disabling - you are young. I was just trying to pass on the hard-earned wisdom of someone who (alas) no longer is. 

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Wymsey if you’re struggling to meet a lady/man why don’t you try myspecialmatch.com 

Thanks, but really hoping you're being sarcastic here..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

4 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Kim Jong-un is lucky to have such a stunning-looking wife..

_105096192_hi051510163.jpg

3 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Might have a bit more to do with power and wealth than luck, I suspect....

But maybe you are the lucky one? Lucky that you were not in North Korea and he didn't take a fancy to you?

Would you have escaped across the demilitarized zone? Into Russia? China? Or would you have succumbed to his charms/wealth/power?

I'm now imagining your face exactly as per your avatar! ;)

p.s. I agree with Bovril: cute rather than stunning. I'd be looking to warm her slippers and make her favourite drink.....though I suspect the roles are reversed in their household. Can't imagine him playing the flamboyant gentleman.

I must confess that when I popped on here for a browse I wasn’t expecting to read about the notion of Wymesy as KJU’s bitch lol 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I must confess that when I popped on here for a browse I wasn’t expecting to read about the notion of Wymesy as KJU’s bitch lol 

I dare say Wymes wasn’t either. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Fit :wub:

That picture must be at least 50 years old (she was part of the Black Panther movement in the Sixties) - she must be in her 70s now. 

Edited by Buce

I don't mind Spurs, their fans are sphincters but they've organically assembled a young, exciting squad and have upset the established order somewhat with a significantly smaller budget. It's quite a refreshing to see a team not sign anybody and actually progress because Pochettino has done an outstanding job - I'll be pleased when he moves on but really we could learn a lot from them as we're not in a dissimilar position to where they were 5 or 6 yers ago.

16 hours ago, Buce said:

That picture must be at least 50 years old (she was part of the Black Panther movement in the Sixties) - she must be in her 70s now. 

16 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

So, you're saying its not too late...? :scarf:

FYI... Now...

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/u-s-museum-rescinds-angela-davis-award-following-protest-from-jewish-community-1.6822646