Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

29 minutes ago, Nalis said:

More an unpopular 'non-action' than an unpopular view - I dont have anyone on Foxestalk on ignore. Dont see the point as nobody annoys me enough to be ignored.

Somebody hold my beer...

2 hours ago, FerrisBueller said:

Preparing for some flak for this, but in my opinion, Oasis are one of the most overrated and tediously boring bands ever.

Oasis have written some big tunes over the years (well, their early years) but they have imo, been over-hyped to the point where people put their entire catalogue under a microscope and it isn't very good, overall.

Champagne Supernova is outstanding.

2 hours ago, FerrisBueller said:

Preparing for some flak for this, but in my opinion, Oasis are one of the most overrated and tediously boring bands ever.

They can be very boring. A lot of it lacks imagination, musically. But that's because Noel, good a songwriter as he is, is a very nuts and bolts guitar player. 

2 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Champagne Supernova is outstanding.

One of the most boring of the lot. 

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

One of the most boring of the lot. 

music is subjective so I'm not going to argue with you over whether you find a particular song boring or not BUT for me Champagne Supernova is emotive and well written. I guess it depends on what you're looking for from the song but it has uplifting chord progressions and I like the lyrics. it has several historic memories attached to it and I ****ing kill it on the karaoke machine, so. 

3 hours ago, FerrisBueller said:

Each to their own so fair point.

I personally love Oasis and their sound, reckon if they reformed they'll sell out Wembley Stadium every night for a month.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FerrisBueller said:

They were alright. Supersonic is a great single but everything after that is a bit Dad-rock. I think they were a case of right place at the right time. Britain likes to anoint a bunch of white lads with guitars as the next big thing every few years and enough people bought into the Oasis hype. 

Edited by bovril

4 hours ago, FerrisBueller said:

Oasis were very much 'of their time' I reckon. It wasn't just the music, it was the rebellious attitude, the drugs, the hair, the image, the whole 'Brit Pop' scene.

I enjoyed their music at the time but listening back now, some of it sounds quite dated and simplistic. Saying that, I still love Stand by Me and Little by Little.

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

More an unpopular 'non-action' than an unpopular view - I dont have anyone on Foxestalk on ignore. Dont see the point as nobody annoys me enough to be ignored.

There's a few posters posts I skip past but I don't have anybody on ignore either, there's a few I think about putting on ignore pretty much everyday but I think I mostly can't be arsed. It's funny how you can be virtually lazy

17 minutes ago, bovril said:

Also Oasis are responsible for some of the worst lyrics of all time. Is there any opening line worse than "slip inside the eye of your mind"? 

"Your butt is mine / gonna take you right"  Michael Jackson (Bad)

"I don't like cities/ But I like New York / Other places / Make me feel like a dork"  Madonna (I Love New York)

"War is stupid / And people are stupid"  Boy George (The War Song)

6 hours ago, Nalis said:

:appl:great post.

Edit: the profile pics makes the post so much better.

Edited by the fox

6 hours ago, Nalis said:

I have several on ignore and I've found that putting people I find annoying and repetitive and those without a unique thought in their tiny minds on ignore is better for my health and makes me less annoying to others. Listening to some Puel hater say the same thing for the 700th time or someone detached from reality give a stupid opinion is just wasting my time - which is limited (as in death is always approaching) and therefore precious. Do you find you just skip some people's posts or do you read every post in a thread? 

46 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Only have Moosebreath, Dave the Caveman and Bunkmoreland on personal ignore list, admittedly.

I don't have any of those on ignore and I'm fairly certain none of them have posted for at least two years 

Guest seanfox778
6 hours ago, Buce said:

"Your butt is mine / gonna take you right"  Michael Jackson (Bad)

"I don't like cities/ But I like New York / Other places / Make me feel like a dork"  Madonna (I Love New York)

"War is stupid / And people are stupid"  Boy George (The War Song)

I always thought it was "your body's mine" 

My mind has not quite been blown but I did gasp.