Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

He's passionate about his beliefs which I like, but he's so "luvvie" it's almost beyond parody at times.

I can’t pin point exactly what it is about him that winds me up. He seems to have this holier than thou vibe about him that doesn’t sit right with me. I also get the feeling that he massively forgot where he came from which is sort of backed up by what people who have met him have said. 

Great legend of the club but it still doesn’t stop him being a nob. 

And ive just realised I said I can’t pin point it and then I’ve gone on to, indeed, pin point it lol 

Edited by Manini

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/01/2019 at 13:38, RoboFox said:

The whole Rachel Riley thing is a bit creepy.

Sorry guys, but I think we need to add the Dr. Alice Roberts (or attractive TV doctors) thread to the bin marked "slightly odd", too.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Sorry guys, but I think we need to add the Dr. Alice Roberts (or attractive TV doctors) thread to the bin marked "slightly odd", too.

We believe - the best men can be.

I'm surprised that all the men on FT haven't been giving Weller a hard time. It's not the best a man can be.

On 16/01/2019 at 22:53, Wymeswold fox said:

Think FilbertFrog is Gaelic Fox, looking at his posting style history.

On 16/01/2019 at 23:21, Mike Oxlong said:

Is this now the Obvious Opinions thread Wymesy? ;) 

Nothing ! ...    but absolutely  ..   nothing !! ...   gets by Hercule Wymes when his brains working at full chat ...    :thumbup:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toddybad said:

More for it than from it! The new one isn't the same. 

It seems less controversial and hostile, though.

That thread is probably the reason Webbo started to get fed up and is taking time away from this forum (?).

Coffee is a better drink than tea.

Took me 30 years to even try coffee but when it's good it's amazing. Cafe con leche in Spain is delicious and Cuban cortado's are ace. Still enyoy a good cuppa 1st thing in the morning but the fruit teas are a bit crap tbh..Also if you take your own tea bags abroad it tastes poor for some reason. 

8 minutes ago, Soup said:

Took me 30 years to even try coffee but when it's good it's amazing. Cafe con leche in Spain is delicious and Cuban cortado's are ace. Still enyoy a good cuppa 1st thing in the morning but the fruit teas are a bit crap tbh..Also if you take your own tea bags abroad it tastes poor for some reason. 

I don't like instant coffee and it seems much more commonplace here than abroad. In a little cafe near Russafa (when I got lost) I had a croissant and a coffee for about 1.20 Euros which I was probably disproportionately glad about.

Edited by Stadt

44 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I don't like instant coffee and it seems much more commonplace here than abroad. In a little cafe near Russafa (when I got lost) I had a croissant and a coffee for about 1.20 Euros which I was probably disproportionately glad about.

Yeah instant is vile stuff tbf, I think that's why I avoided it for years. Just remember trying it as a kid and almost throwing up. €1.20 in Russafa sounds about right but still makes me laugh thinking of you turning a 10 minute walk in to a couple of hours ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Soup said:

I had the same coffee in my old job as they have in this cafe I go to yet it tastes vile in comparison.. don’t get how they make it so nice