Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

5 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

good point well made tbh as well. 

most of what teachers at primary level do (I think) is work that is pre-defined by text-books, etc. it's then down to the teacher how they present that information in lesson format. 

as you've mentioned - teachers have to do SO much more than convey the basics of maths, english, science, religion, etc. they have to teach classes of (sometimes) 35/40+ kids to treat each other respectfully, without prejudice; without being sick on the floor or shitting themselves. they have to look out for signs of abusive parents at home and work with authorities to stop it. 

some of the kids that rock up in reception don't know not to piss in their pants ffs. some parents just don't care - who's there to right that? people like my wife. 

so yeah, alright - I got a bit shitty about goose's comment, but not without reason. 

this whole - they get big holidays stuff - yeah they do, but they ****ing need it because their jobs are filled with shit and emotion and tiredness. 

the teachers helping to grow your kids into the world deserve a huge amount of respect - regardless of intelligence, they do that job because they want to help kids and that in itself is a valuable trait. 

You might ask her if she teaches English grammar.

• Haha 1

Rugby fans are envious of pretty much every aspect of the football fan experience - though they would never care to admit it.

Horse riders should pay road tax or get off the damn road.

This one shouldn't be, but seemingly is - everybody should be a 'feminist'. The simple concept of equality has been tainted by bra burning men haters.  

• Like 1

I used to live near King Richard III primary school just off Hinckley Road and it must be such a demanding job as a primary school teacher, given the huge variety ethnic backgrounds of the children there. I doubt that much English is spoken at some of their homes, so to teach them from scratch without knowing any Polish, Chinese etc must be very difficult. 

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

I'm not sure about unpopular but that opinion is clearly unsubstantiated and pretty disrespectful to people who teach primary school kids. 

My wife is a primary school teacher and she works like a ****ing trooper day in / day out - not only teaching the little shits maths / english and whatever the **** else they need to know but also teaching them valuable life lessons that some of their lazy-ass parents can't be bothered to ****ing teach them.

You should probably reevaluate that opinion tbh. 

If you have kids, you know when you have a good primary school teacher or a mediocre one. That's for sure.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

The only acceptable jeans are skinny jeans unless you're over 40 or fat. 

Shepard's pie is a sorry excuse for a meal. 

We have the most generic fanbase in the Premier League apart from Watford. 

Skinny jeans are for girls. 

Skinny jeans on men is a passing fad for losers.

Edited by Guest

takeaway pizza is overrated and overpriced for sure but pizza as a whole is 100% not overrated lol. 

use crosta and mollica wraps for the base

make a chunky tomato and chilli sauce

add german peppered salami / serrano ham / similar

add red chillis, red onion and jalapenos

chuck on some shredded mozerella

lightly salt / pepper / italian herb

costs about £5 to make 3 pizzas. the wrap bases make them nice and light.

very fresh and easy.

no government should tell a woman if they can or cannot have an abortion. if they do want to get involved in anyway they should say if its covered under a national health service or it has to be private and if they need help funding it they can borrow the money and pay it back in installments and are made to talk to someone about contraception or if its rape, get offered councilling and support. its a womans choice to choose. no "gift from god" bullshit we are in the 21st century and can literally see to the end of the solar system and there is no god. we are human beings and all have the right to choose what to do with our bodies.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

All girls should have a Progestin implant before they have their first period and it should only be removed when they are physically, emotionally, intellectually and financially capable of raising children (and of course they should want to have a child). If similar exists for boys they should have it too. No choice. This would help reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies and greatly reduce the financial burden of working people/the state as well as increasing the available workforce.

15 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Everybody should be egalitarian.

Feminism these days is complete bollocks, in western democracies where women already have all the same rights that men do anyway.  In a decade or so there's going to be serious social concern about the role of adolescent men in our society given the way they're being slowly strangled by a society that blames them for all its ills and an education system that objectively benefits girls and women as evidenced by University registers across the country.  When men make up roughly 70% of all homeless people and 75% of all suicides it's about time we stopped making out as though we have all the control and women are the only gender losing out, it's asinine.

Completely agree. Feminism, or at least the concept of what feminism intended to represent, encapsulates everything that you say. It's about equality for men and women, not just women. It just so happens that when the phrase was coined, back in the 19th century, women were very much a second class citizen and there was consequently a greater imbalance against them to work on.

Nothing you suggest above is the fault of feminism, or at least true feminism. Like any other belief it has extreme views and those people tend to shout louder than the majority of the sane bunch, causing people to believe that the goal of feminism is to force males to be second class citizens. Egalitarian is a better phrase for equality though, of course, and perhaps more modern. The notion that women are already equal in every facet is a little off the mark though. 

As an aside It also really bugs me when people say 'i'm against feminism because they don't play five sets in tennis'. Like women/men have been protesting for equality for centuries for the sake of Maria Sharapova. 

• Like 1