Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Sort of related to feminism but what happens when we reach the stage where double-barrelled last names become really common and then couples with them get married? Are we gonna get Mr and Mrs Wright-Phillips Walker-Peters (as a terrible example) :whistle:?

Just now, The People's Hero said:

I've read through all this to try to decide who is edgiest and I just can't choose. You're all very edgy. Well done 

But there's been far too many people agreeing in this thread, it's like when hipsters do the same thing as all the other hipsters to stand out, ironically.

14 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

Depends what type of DJing you're talking about really.

There's a skill to mixing records on proper turntables - beat-matching and blending at the same time.

But yeah, if you're some wanky DJ on a set of CDJs or MP3 mixer then it basically cues the tracks up for you which gives you all the time to blend without having to worry about keeping tracks in time.

Having said that, there's some DJs out there who make the most of the extra time allowed and do some pretty awesome stuff in the mix. DJ EZ, Gammer, Andy C, etc. etc.

Also there's actually a talent in selecting the right tracks - it's easier to lose a dance-floor than you think. You can't just pre-plan a set in case people aren't feeling it - so knowing your tracks inside out so you can change direction on the fly is important also.

I'm assuming your mostly talking about shitty wedding DJs and cheese-club DJs in which case I agree - they do **** all but stand there pressing play. 

The art of proper mixing is dying out. 

330893.jpg.24ab80cfca613c24258a9ed69b9b9a4e.jpg

• Like 1

You've got me thinking about Equality (sex, Race et al.) and it really is a load of bollox. There is and never will be equality anywhere. I used to say that I was for all of them but it's a waste of time. There's no equality between white men in Leicester so why would there be equality between all men and women throughout the planet?

I would just like to see us all respect each other and accept our small differencies and superiorities/inferiorities with a pleasure that celebrates what we are.

18 minutes ago, FIF said:

You've got me thinking about Equality (sex, Race et al.) and it really is a load of bollox. There is and never will be equality anywhere. I used to say that I was for all of them but it's a waste of time. There's no equality between white men in Leicester so why would there be equality between all men and women throughout the planet?

I would just like to see us all respect each other and accept our small differencies and superiorities/inferiorities with a pleasure that celebrates what we are.

Equality doesn't mean everyone should be treated the same, just that people should be judged on who they are not what they are. If someone's a dick then they're a dick, if someone's shit at their job then sack them, likewise employ the best candidate regardless of race gender sexuality and pay people based purely on ability not gender/race.

I think positive discrimination is stupid and things like the Rooney rule are inherently racist.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Equality doesn't mean everyone should be treated the same, just that people should be judged on who they are not what they are. If someone's a dick then they're a dick, if someone's shit at their job then sack them, likewise employ the best candidate regardless of race gender sexuality and pay people based purely on ability not gender/race.

I think positive discrimination is stupid and things like the Rooney rule are inherently racist.

This, I'm on board with equality but things like positive discrimination and the Rooney Rule fly in the face of it and do more harm than good.

3 hours ago, Captain... said:

I think that shows your judging someone for what they are, i.e. a dick, rather than who they are. A person is a person regardless of whether he/she is a dick or not.

I don't think positive discrimination is inherently "stupid" but I do think it's been misappropriated in certain areas including industry, politics, education etc.