Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

I think that shows your judging someone for what they are, i.e. a dick, rather than who they are. A person is a person regardless of whether he/she is a dick or not.

I don't think positive discrimination is inherently "stupid" but I do think it's been misappropriated in certain areas including industry, politics, education etc. 

Being a dick is a personality trait, and if someone acts like a dick then they're a dick. Obviously that is subjective and there might be complex psychological reasons for their behaviour, but that's too much overthinking. It is ok to judge people on how they act, not on skin colour or gender or sexuality.

For example if you met a really over the top mega camp person and disliked them because you found them really annoying acting like that then that's fine. It doesn't make you homophobic to say you don't like camp over the top people in the same way some people don't like optimists and or miserable buggers that complain all the time or hipsters or insufferable bores. Everyone is different and we each have our own set of likes and dislikes and they will never fully match up.

Prejudice and discrimination is unequal treatment based on aspects of a person that they are not in control of, or traits that should have zero impact on your relationship (professional or personal).

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If you deliberately have more than three children, you're ****ing up the planet. 

I would say more than 2 and even then I am being generous. Limit it to 1 and make sure you raise them properly rather than just popping out another screaming attention seeking perpetual feeding shitting loop machine that occupies all your time so you neglect your first born during their most formative years.

No more than 2 kids and the first 1 must be in school before you inflict another on our overpopulated planet.

• Like 2

Guest seanfox778
2 hours ago, bovril said:

Terrence Mallick is an awful director who's somehow managed to make a couple of good films. 

I still can’t tell if I enjoyed The Tree of Life or hated it.