Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

1 minute ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Led Zepplin were just a band, Pink Floyd, just a band, The Who, just a band...... and all were shit

Not everything Floyd did is perfect, but they produced the two greatest albums of all time, imo.

It's a strange feature of our times that when you look at the covers of the music magazines in the newsagents you're as likely to see pictures of Led Zeppelin, The Beatles and The Smiths staring back at you as contemporary acts.  I know the internet has changed things a lot but it still seems odd that you can have viable titles that focus on music from 3 or 4 decades ago but it seems really hard for publications about new music to stay in business.

I love Led Zeppelin and The Smiths but there's only so many times you can print the obviously finite number of photos of them and tell the same stories over and over again.

Bores me silly, if I'm honest

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

3 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Ha! I am way to educated to 'troll' likewise do 'banter' and 'lol' in fact this can be another unpopular shared opinion.

Then were you serious?

Do you really think The Who covered the theme music to CSI?

Guest seanfox778
41 minutes ago, bovril said:

Yeah I was quite torn by The Tree of Life.

To the Wonder was one of the worst films I've ever seen. It took me 3 attempts to get through it.

I never saw To the Wonder, never heard of it if I’m honest. Badlands and Days of Heaven are the only other ones I’ve seen of his and I enjoyed those.

Just now, seanfox778 said:

I never saw To the Wonder, never heard of it if I’m honest. Badlands and Days of Heaven are the only other ones I’ve seen of his and I enjoyed those.

Badlands is genius. One of the most beautiful debut films in American cinema history. I quite enjoyed DoH but the script and acting grated. Thin Red Line was quite also quite good. Watch To the Wonder just to see how far you can get through it. 

Guest seanfox778
4 minutes ago, bovril said:

Badlands is genius. One of the most beautiful debut films in American cinema history. I quite enjoyed DoH but the script and acting grated. Thin Red Line was quite also quite good. Watch To the Wonder just to see how far you can get through it. 

Ok I’ll keep my eye open for it and let you know how I get on. I’ll find Thin Red Line also.

6 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Ha! I am way to educated to 'troll' likewise do 'banter' and 'lol' in fact this can be another unpopular shared opinion.

banter requires you to be smart and sharp witted, I actually think people with a sense of humor who can come up with quality banter quite the intelligent individuals.

Implying "banter" is for the "less-educated" is unnecessary, just because it's not your cup of tea, doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad thing! Different strokes for different folks! 

Edited by the fox

7 hours ago, the fox said:

banter requires you to be smart and sharp witted, I actually think people with a sense of humor who can come up with quality banter quite the intelligent individuals.

Implying "banter" is for the "less-educated" is unnecessary, just because it's not your cup of tea, doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad thing! Different strokes for different folks! 

Banter isn't wit it is insulting people and then passing on it off as acceptable. It is effectivrly bullying.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Banter isn't wit it is insulting people and then passing on it off as acceptable. It is effectivrly bullying.

This, most of the time anyway. Too many people using it as a coverall and passing their views on a person or group as a "joke" because they know that actually being straight up about it wouldn't fly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, the fox said:

The best way to succeed is to know your limits! Forget about "aim for the stars, and if you fail, you will land on the moon" nonsense! Do that and you will be lost in space!

A smart man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses!

A smart man knows his wife's weaknesses.

20 hours ago, the fox said:

Banter is usually for twats who think saying "just banter" is an excuse for being a twat. 90% of "banter" is painfully unfunny.

• Like 4