Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

53 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

How much did you spend on it?!

7 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Bout 2k, maybe a little more lol

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Are we thinking about the same thing here. Fifa? The console game Fifa? 2k????

2 g's on FIFA!? Bloody hell lol :o.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Are we thinking about the same thing here. Fifa? The console game Fifa? 2k????

Yup. lol

Admittedly I had a blast trying out all the best players in the weekend league. Never spent a penny on fut before last year. Gonna take the year off, buy all the goodies I listed and probably go back to it next year. :D

2 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

People who pay real money on FUT are idiots.

I accept this view but equally I've spent a bit on fifa points before. Probably double the cost of the game throughout the year so each copy probably costs me about 100-150 quid (I don't buy every version mind.) 

I've got a fair bit of disposable income, I can afford to do it and it's no worse than shelling out a subscription for an MMO really. 

But two grand? Even one, even five hundred or two hundred. The fuuuuuck. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I've spent some of my money on it.

Can you explain why that makes me an idiot? As far as I see it I'm just spending money on something I enjoy.

For me, what makes it generally stupid to spend money on fifa points (despite the fact I've done it) is that you aren't guaranteed to get anything for your money and it's reset every year anyway. 

I'm not saying ea should let you carry your club over or that you should be able to buy actual coins directly or anything like that. 

But it does make buying packs mostly futile. Again, I still do it a few times per version but I don't mind when people suggest it's a bit stupid. It is really. 

I've done it a few times, chucked seven quid in to fifa points, opened the packs, got literally **** all and immediately felt retarded. lol

Edited by Finnegan

15 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I've spent some of my money on it.

Can you explain why that makes me an idiot? As far as I see it I'm just spending money on something I enjoy.

The best fun you can have is earning enough coins for a pack, opening and using the players you get stuck with, it is so much fun. The problem is everyone wants the best players and best team so it soon becomes a disadvantage if you want to be competitive.

I personally feel letting people pay to win has ruined modern video games although it would be stupid for companies not to do it. People will pay any price to win, they are not very good at losing anymore.

In summary people buy packs because most in the world have become whining little pussies!

• Like 1

Just now, kingcarr21 said:

Don't really see the problem. Some people like to buy alcohol, fags etc. Why not spend your money on FUT if that's what you like doing.

Each to their own

I just hate any games with pay to win mechanics. It's bad enough having to compete with people who have more time to play/practice/level up, then give them the option to pay to get further advantages it just alienates casual gamers. There should be 2 tier rankings/leagues/servers in these games, the financial dopers and the pure gamers.

DLC, season passes and all the other add-on bollocks also pisses me right off, make a good game, sell it, support it, make another. Fifa are the absolute worst for it, the same game released year after year with a new money making feature. It's not even that good a game anymore.

• Like 2

Bit baffled here, not played a computer game for years and years but people actually spend money buying players etc on FIFA? :blink:

If people can pay to improve their teams etc surely that means ability can become almost irrelevent and doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of it?

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Bit baffled here, not played a computer game for years and years but people actually spend money buying players etc on FIFA? :blink:

If people can pay to improve their teams etc surely that means ability can become almost irrelevent and doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of it?

Narh, take it from someone who's put together some very good teams on fifa, the people who are better at the game will always win. 

Which makes actually buying a good team even more redundant. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

I had probably one of the best teams ever assembled in a football game. It meant exactly jack shit tbh. Still lost plenty of matches and probably had more success when using my weaker 2nd team. 

Decent teams will obviously give you an edge against someone of the same skill level, but it's far far far away from pay to win. 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Narh, take it from someone who's put together some very good teams on fifa, the people who are better at the game will always win. 

Which makes actually buying a good team even more redundant. 

That makes the spending even weirder. What a strange World, I knew I was out the loop with regards to gaming etc but I didn't realise this was going on.

Just now, MattP said:

That makes the spending even weirder. What a strange World, I knew I was out the loop with regards to gaming etc but I didn't realise this was going on.

It's not weird, it's just entertainment. Same sort of feeling as gambling for me I guess. I enjoyed using all the different players and doing the sbcs. And I got to give away coins to friends and do wager games against other mates. 

In the end that money was getting spaffed away no matter what, whether it be on a game, new tech or a holiday. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

You realise that people pay generally about £7-£10 a month to play massively multilayer online games right? Like, you've heard of World of Warcraft? People buy the game for thirty odd quid, or did back in the day, then pay a ten dollar subscription every month just for the privilege of continuing to play it. 

The games industry has been absolutely rinsing folk for years. 

• Like 1

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

And you were complaining about other people being fiscally irresponsible in the politics thread the other week... :rolleyes: 

Still, I applaud your honesty that's quite a thing to fess up to.

Fiscally irresponsible would be spending that money while needing it. The loss of it has had zero effect on my lifestyle, yet I got hundreds of hours of entertainment from it. 

All about what floats your boat. It was a fun year on fifa. Probably wouldn't do it again, but I don't regret doing it the once. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

It's not weird, it's just entertainment. Same sort of feeling as gambling for me I guess. I enjoyed using all the different players and doing the sbcs. And I got to give away coins to friends and do wager games against other mates. 

In the end that money was getting spaffed away no matter what, whether it be on a game, new tech or a holiday. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't worry, I find it weird but I've blown probably a quarter of a million at the bookies in my life so I can't criticise anyone else for what they spend their cash on.

Just now, Innovindil said:

Fiscally irresponsible would be spending that money while needing it. The loss of it has had zero effect on my lifestyle, yet I got hundreds of hours of entertainment from it. 

All about what floats your boat. It was a fun year on fifa. Probably wouldn't do it again, but I don't regret doing it the once. 

You say that but you just said:

On 25/09/2017 at 10:46, Innovindil said:

Definitely not unpopular. I've decided to skip buying fifa this year, with the money I'll save I can get a PC upgrade, vive, new xbox one x and a new tv lol

Which sounds a bit regretful and:

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Yup. lol

Admittedly I had a blast trying out all the best players in the weekend league. Never spent a penny on fut before last year. Gonna take the year off, buy all the goodies I listed and probably go back to it next year. :D

Which indicates you would do it again.  Clearly you're a bit confused how you feel about it.

In any case there's absolutely nothing wrong with deciding to put money into FUT, it's your money to spend however you want, just maybe in future refrain from having a go at coppers for asking to be paid the kind of income you can support a family on in return for their dedicated service.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Holy shit. 

Really? 

I've never tried properly to calculate it, it's probably not that much actually, but it's certainly well into six figures.

Hopefully that's all behind me now anyway.

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

You say that but you just said:

Which sounds a bit regretful and:

Which indicates you would do it again.  Clearly you're a bit confused how you feel about it.

In any case there's absolutely nothing wrong with deciding to put money into FUT, it's your money to spend however you want, just maybe in future refrain from having a go at coppers for asking to be paid the kind of income you can support a family on in return for their dedicated service.

Bit regretful? Uwut? Not in the slightest. lol

You seem to be confused over the 2nd part, I said I would probably go back to fifa next year. Nowhere does it say I'd go back to spaffing 2k away. 

As for your high horsery, idgaf lol