Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

How anyone can be "proud" of the level of melanin in their body is rather ridiculous.

What people tend to mean when they say that they're proud of such things is that they're proud of the cultural achievement done by people of similar melanin levels...but then as most of the time that tends to involve acts of hideous brutality more than anything else it follows that they're also saying that they fully believe in Might Making Right.

• Like 1

Homeless people begging on the streets are probably on more money than I am.

I doubt you would see any of them on the street at 4/5am as they will have gone back to their homes after their 'shift' has finished.

More prevalent in affluent towns than poor towns and cities

Of course I feel sorry for genuine homeless ppl and give to homeless charities and buy Big Issue

6 minutes ago, Focks said:

Homeless people begging on the streets are probably on more money than I am.

I doubt you would see any of them on the street at 4/5am as they will have gone back to their homes after their 'shift' has finished.

More prevalent in affluent towns than poor towns and cities

Of course I feel sorry for genuine homeless ppl and give to homeless charities and buy Big Issue

You must be on really crap money.

6 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

@the fox if you really need it to be explained to you how gay people have faced discrimination, then you must be an ostrich. Your head must be in the sand.

Anyone can look at positive discrimination and point out the flaws. That’s easy, it’s always easy to criticise. What’s more difficult is coming up with workable solutions.

We have problems with under-representation, some parts of society feel their options in life are limited. Not only does that reduce the size of the talent pool but also threatens the fabric of society. 

It’s never been about “white guilt” or any of that nonsense to me. I couldn’t give a toss about race politics, I think most people who engage in that kind of topic often come across as a bit pathetic. But I do want to live in a society which offers equality of opportunity because I think ultimately that will make it better for everyone, including myself.

"Have" Is the key word here! imo, If you want to act a certain way thay comes of as unprofessional than you can't be mad at the reaction, can you? And yeah, i know people discriminate against gay people but just go to any gay person who acts totaly professional at work and ask them if they are discriminated against.

You can also look at negative "discrimination" and point out it's positive like: More man power in less than desirable workplaces and low wage structure. Discrimination is Discrimination. End of.

How can you ask for "equal opportunity" while immediately discriminate against a certain race? How does that work? Minorities are underrepresented don't get me wrong, but giving a job to a less qualified individual isn't the answer. Be the best at what you do and companies wil take you.

People also tend to forget that most of england's and america's population is white so it isn't that crazy to think that there are more white people working atm.

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

Guest seanfox778

I don't enjoy watching Manchester City games, I know they score some great goals but they're just so good that it's a bit dull and monotonous.

17 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

I don't enjoy watching Manchester City games, I know they score some great goals but they're just so good that it's a bit dull and monotonous.

Would love to have seen our title winning boys at their best playing them ...    I really really think we could have won ...     mind you ..   I am probably slightly biased ...   :)      

Guest seanfox778
1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Would love to have seen our title winning boys at their best playing them ...    I really really think we could have won ...     mind you ..   I am probably slightly biased ...   :)      

They wouldn’t have been afraid of them like Chelsea are right now. What a crap half of football lol

17 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The Russians are good at denying that they've been involved in hurting others, for their own gain.

I suspect they've actually been involved in this terrible incident..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43297638

Get.out.of.here !!

You, Wymes, are a modern day Sherlock Holmes ...    :)

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Jokes about the Irish being thick are past their sell by date.

I’m with you Puss ...   

But talking of jokes  ...   a Welshman, a Scotsman and an Englishman are visiting the Vatican one day and they overhear some cardinals saying the Pope is about to die.  They decide to put a bet on it and meet up the following week to see how much they have won.  Jock the Scotsman announces he won £1000 ...     John the Englishman declares excitedly that he bet all he had and won £5000 ! ...    well they said looking expectantly at Paddy the Welshman, what about you ? ...   I lost he said sadly ...  But how said the others ..   we knew he was going to die ! ..   well said Paddy ..   I had him in a double with the Archbishop of Canterbury ...     :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Budweiser is decent and in some situations the best beer for the job

Only if the job in question is cleaning your drains...

...of all the unpopular opinions on this thread, this is clearly the most offensive and I fully expect it to cause a meltdown of James for England proportions...

:o

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, somebum said:

Well if you cant do the time... 

I don't know what you're trying to say here but it reads as though you're suggesting he deserves to be the subject of an attempted murder...  What about his daughter or the police officer who was taken into critical care after dealing with them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

I don't know what you're trying to say here but it reads as though you're suggesting he deserves to be the subject of an attempted murder...  What about his daughter or the police officer who was taken into critical care after dealing with them?

Tbf getting murdered goes with the territory of double agent work.

12 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Tbf getting murdered goes with the territory of double agent work.

Yeah I get that, nonetheless we're talking about what is effectively an attempt to carry out a death penalty with no due process and knock-on effects on at least 2 innocents (assuming his daughter was collateral damage and not another 'justified' target) while a random person who I presume knows no more about the backstory than anybody else outside of the intelligence community sits at his computer claiming the victim had 'done the crime' and therefore judging him to a death sentence is ok lol  

23 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yeah I get that, nonetheless we're talking about what is effectively an attempt to carry out a death penalty with no due process and knock-on effects on at least 2 innocents (assuming his daughter was collateral damage and not another 'justified' target) while a random person who I presume knows no more about the backstory than anybody else outside of the intelligence community sits at his computer claiming the victim had 'done the crime' and therefore judging him to a death sentence is ok lol  

lol

Fair enough.

27 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I doubt it's unpopular on here but amongst my mates it would be, joggers look shit and they all look like chavs. They're fine at home but wear some jeans ffs

nah fu ck that, if man ain't going to town then i'm wearing trackies or joggers. even to house parties back in the day. just need to get some good joggers/trackies imo. 

almost exclusively just wear long johns at home through the winter months, too. dress down. 

29 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I doubt it's unpopular on here but amongst my mates it would be, joggers look shit and they all look like chavs. They're fine at home but wear some jeans ffs

meh. 

some days I wear joggers, some days I wear jeans. 

can look presentable in both - depends what you do with the rest of the outfit. 

also, joggers are comfortable as **** and i've literally got to the point where I would rather be comfortable than give a **** what anyone else thought. 

• Like 2