Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

19 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Despite all the ridicule and abuse, Theresa May will come through it all and eventually go down in history as one of our greatest ever Prime Ministers.

That's the funniest joke you've ever posted on this forum lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

kelly brook looks much better when she's got the whole 'girl next door' thing going on rather than all that over the top make-up.

i must say though good sirs that I would firmly attach my lips to those wonderful breasts even if she left the house in tattered rags. 

Nick Clegg was a decent politician and remains an eminently sensible political commentator.

My feeling is that he found himself in an almost impossible situation at the point he formed the coalition government (Mervyn King telling him that the UK, European and (potentially) global economy was hanging in the balance). He sacrificed himself and his political party for the sake of the country. Not something the current incumbents of office and shadow office seem to be willing to do.

Clearly, question marks hang over his judgement and role in that government. But, I don't think that should totally besmirch his work until that point, nor overshadow some of the good work he did in office - including his softening of Cameron's austerity cuts. 

Is that unpopular? It probably is.

• Like 4

Clegg got a little semi-boner when he had a taste of power and jumped the gun. 

Should have steered well clear of the coalition and waited it out for them to **** it up.

Could have had a good chance at something much bigger but now everyone always remembers how he bitched out and got into bed with the tories. 

Shame really - quite likeable as far as politicians go. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PegguyArphexad said:

Nick Clegg was a decent politician and remains an eminently sensible political commentator.

My feeling is that he found himself in an almost impossible situation at the point he formed the coalition government (Mervyn King telling him that the UK, European and (potentially) global economy was hanging in the balance). He sacrificed himself and his political party for the sake of the country. Not something the current incumbents of office and shadow office seem to be willing to do.

Clearly, question marks hang over his judgement and role in that government. But, I don't think that should totally besmirch his work until that point, nor overshadow some of the good work he did in office - including his softening of Cameron's austerity cuts. 

Is that unpopular? It probably is.

Definitely think history will treat him kinder than he's generally regarded right now when all said and done. I genuinely enjoy listening to him speak too and still have a soft spot for the Orange Book Liberals.

Certainly would like to see the Lib Dems become a force again as even though I try to look beyond party lines, they are the party I've voted for most in my life and most broadly agree with in terms of ideology (and yeah, I know ideology is stupid and inevitibly turns people into idealogues and we should disregard it and vote on individual issues, but its impossible not to have some biases in ideology in practice).

• Like 2

20 hours ago, toddybad said:

Funnily enough my opinion you may not agree with is that Tony Blair is the best PM we've had since the post-war era. Just a shame he buggered up with Iraq and PFI.

Seriously? Depending on your persuasion the three names that will come up are thatcher, Churchill and Attlee (the correct answer is Attlee btw). Even accepting that people are judging Churchill on the war time leadership, not his later spell in the early/mid fifties, that's two of the commonly referenced three as post war PMs.

Edited by The Doctor

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Seriously? Depending on your persuasion the three names that will come up are thatcher, Churchill and Attlee (the correct answer is Attlee btw). Even accepting that people are judging Churchill on the war time leadership, not his later spell in the early/mid fifties, that's two of the commonly referenced three as post war PMs.

Blair pissed all over Thatcher. Thatcher lurched from boom to bust, entered the ERM, bright about the destruction of industry. Blair had Iraq and his use of pfi was stupid but he oversaw the most prosperous period of modern British history. There's a reason he won landslides. But, of course, in the end his decision to ignore public opinion over Iraq caught up with him.

Edited by Guest

On 14/03/2018 at 21:24, Izzy Muzzett said:

Despite all the ridicule and abuse, Theresa May will come through it all and eventually go down in history as one of our greatest ever Prime Ministers.

Doesn’t look the type. 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Any nation that selfishly ignore the rights of any minority and those that faught for there existence, is absolutely SHIT.

Makes you the idoit

I don’t think you got the joke.

perhaps you could have expanded with that reasoning in the first place.

Thier toilets are certainly shit on the peage

Edited by cambridgefox