Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

10 minutes ago, Benguin said:

This is why there is violence. Any devout follower of a religion believes they are right and attempts to convert everyone to their belief. If you can find one radical who doesn't want the world to subscribe to their belief I would be amazed.

?

Teaching,%20pointing%203_0.jpg

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

?

Teaching,%20pointing%203_0.jpg

Biggest fake of them all, he lives in asylum, slates of the country that disagrees with him but keeps stum over the human right abuses about the country he is hiding in, what a hypocrite

The lamas including this one endorsed a caste based fuedal regime endorsing there superiority bybuse of violence before China kicked ass.  Persecuting those non believers.

• Like 1

There’s more to the ‘Russian’ poisoning issue than meets the eye. 

Few things that I find notable;

1.) If it was an assaintaion attempt, then strictly speaking it was very poorly executed.

2.) The situation in the press that has followed is very politically convenient for those that are making it. In some reguards it feels like, “doth protest too eagerly me Lords.”

Does that mean I think it’s an inside job. Not necessarily, but if these two were double agents on our side we had a duty to protect them... so maybe the guard was conveniently let down?

3 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

There’s more to the ‘Russian’ poisoning issue than meets the eye. 

Few things that I find notable;

1.) If it was an assaintaion attempt, then strictly speaking it was very poorly executed.

2.) The situation in the press that has followed is very politically convenient for those that are making it. In some reguards it feels like, “doth protest too eagerly me Lords.”

Does that mean I think it’s an inside job. Not necessarily, but if these two were double agents on our side we had a duty to protect them... so maybe the guard was conveniently let down?

You don't think attempted murder using nerve agent by a foreign power deserves much of a protest?

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

You don't think attempted murder using nerve agent by a foreign power deserves much of a protest?

I think you missed his point.

As soon as news broke of this every tom dick and harry immediately started speculating as if they knew it was Russia. Many even precluded their conjecture by saying they knew nothing. 

1 hour ago, Benguin said:

This is why there is violence. Any devout follower of a religion believes they are right and attempts to convert everyone to their belief. If you can find one radical who doesn't want the world to subscribe to their belief I would be amazed.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

That's simply not true.

IMO a lot of organised religion is based on proselytisation, at least the Abrahamic ones. Isn't it a key tenet in those works to "save" those who don't believe from damnation?

I mean, there are a fair few religious folks who are happy to keep their religion personal, but I think they are the ones going against the grain rather than the prevailing opinion.

59 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

As soon as news broke of this every tom dick and harry immediately started speculating as if they knew it was Russia. Many even precluded their conjecture by saying they knew nothing. 

It's a fair assumption though, Russian double agent dies in nerve agent attack - unlikely to be the work of The Maldives security forces or the Foot clan.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ajthefox said:

I think you missed his point.

Turns out every Tom ,Dick and Harry was right.

39 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I've met many devout Christians, Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs not 1 of them has ever tried to convert me.

That leaves the following options:

- They were not devout.

- They were happy for you to burn in hell, hence they weren't devout.

- You failed to realise they were trying to convert you.

As @leicsmac says, my post is probably only true with monotheistic or Abrahamic religions and in all of them being devout requires you to convert others by its very nature.

12 minutes ago, Benguin said:

- They were not devout.

As @leicsmac says, my post is probably only true with monotheistic or Abrahamic religions and in all of them being devout requires you to convert others by its very nature.

Seeing as I've met the people I'm talking about and you haven't I reckon I'm a better judge than you.

There's so much prejudice against religious folks its ridiculous, all based on unfounded assumptions rather than experience. 

Somebody now will post an article of a one off article as if that proves all religious people are bad.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Benguin said:

- They were not devout.

What an utter load of shite. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Seeing as I've met the people I'm talking about and you haven't I reckon I'm a better judge than you.

There's so much prejudice against religious folks its ridiculous, all based on unfounded assumptions rather than experience. 

Somebody now will post an article of a one off article as if that proves all religious people are bad.

You misunderstand me. I'm not prejudice at all. I don't think it is wrong to try and convert people to their religion and when I say convert, I am referring to all manners of conversion which are overwhelmingly peaceful methods. My brother is about to go to India to spread the word of Jesus.

What I am saying is that religion in its very nature is about teaching the word of god.

44 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Not having a go at you here Webbo, just noticed the irony in this statement as this is kinda also the basis of religious beliefs too!

• Haha 1

Yeah I used to go to Church every Sunday and spreading the word of God is kind of a big thing in the Bible. Of course in modern times that just means acts as inoffensive as charity events or setting up tea and biscuit afternoons where 'everyone is invited' but inevitably only the same few members of the Church attend.

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

Considering that monotheistic organised religious belief either in the name of an established deity or a person or Party who thinks they are one (Stalin, Mao, the Kim dynasty) has been responsible for possibly more pain, suffering and death than any other factor in human history, I'd say I'm not surprised that people are wary. 

Of course, #notallreligiousfolks and there are decent religious people, the institutions themselves have done so much to hold back progress and control the lives of believers and nonbelievers both, and for what? Something that may never be empirically proven - indeed, relies on never being empirically proven.

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Not having a go at you here Webbo, just noticed the irony in this statement as this is kinda also the basis of religious beliefs too!

This is what gets me, too.

Organised religion is pretty much the Ur-example of expressing opinion as fact.

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Depends how you interpret the word devout (and no, I'm not looking for an argument in semantics on the Internet - there's nothing more boring) I suppose. 

I've worked at a Methodist church and a Hindu temple, I'm guessing the people there were fairly devout. Never mentioned religion once.

27 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I've worked at a Methodist church and a Hindu temple, I'm guessing the people there were fairly devout. Never mentioned religion once.

Yeah, that's the point. Your version of devout and his are probably different. 

Guest MattP
29 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I tried to get into that Mosque near Lords once holding a bottle of Becks, never seen so many religious people try not to convert someone so quickly.

8 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Fair enough, I'm not asking you to believe in God, I don't either.

• Like 1