Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

FA Cup 2017-18

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Yes he did you donut

You cant say he dived any more than it was a pen. 

Its interpretation and the on field referee wont be overturned.

Pedro dived. You cannot say willian definitively dived. He was contacted.

Im not discussing it any further with you we are leaving it there.

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The 5 Chelsea penalties and Cabalerro save were very good to be fair.

Hard luck Norwich.

Fair comment, very good pen from Kante, although I thought the Norwich keeper made it too easy for Chelsea. Never looked like saving one. 

However bad the decision (actually I agreed with it) getting up in the ref’s grille and screaming abuse should be a red on its own.

That is what got Morata sent off.

Conte wasn’t much better, although he was all smiles and handshakes once he’d won.  

For the sake of every Sunday league ref who gets lip, and a lot worse, because people see professionals disrespecting the ref, tonight’s ref has bravely done the right thing. Good on him.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bovril said:

It's driven by a desire to see a fair match. Fvck all this "I've seen them given" / "he had every right to go down" stuff. If you decide to go down when you could stay on your feet, you're cheating. 

Its a flat out penalty. If it was mahrez youd be screaming.

But thats secondary to the real issue and thats the VAR except in extreme circumstances wont be overturning anything.

Look at last night. Somehow a linesman giving an offside with a defenders foot playing the forward on by centimetres is a clear and obvious error, and letting a player be manhandled in the box with 2 hands isnt.

Just now, Donut said:

Its a flat out penalty. If it was mahrez youd be screaming.

But thats secondary to the real issue and thats the VAR except in extreme circumstances wont be overturning anything.

Look at last night. Somehow a linesman giving an offside with a defenders foot playing the forward on by centimetres is a clear and obvious error, and letting a player be manhandled in the box with 2 hands isnt.

Offsides are totally different to fouls, what the **** are you on about?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

You just did!

The linesman didnt make an obvious error. If there was no VAR you couldnt say the linesman made a terrible mistake. Incidents like that are so close that having laws like a goalscoring body part playing someone offside is ridiculous.

Im not debating this VAR issue with you. Youve got your opinions ive got mine. We aint gonna see eye to eye so im not bothering. 

2 minutes ago, Donut said:

The linesman didnt make an obvious error. If there was no VAR you couldnt say the linesman made a terrible mistake. Incidents like that are so close that having laws like a goalscoring body part playing someone offside is ridiculous.

Im not debating this VAR issue with you. Youve got your opinions ive got mine. We aint gonna see eye to eye so im not bothering. 

It's not about making an obvious error with regards to offsides.

You're either off or your not. There's no inbetween.

6 minutes ago, Donut said:

In fairness its the offside law thats the issue not the officials.

The daylight thing made much more sense.

What's wrong with the offside law?

If a part of your body that you can score with (Head, feet, legs, torso, arse) is beyond the last defender as the ball is played then you're offside.

Its absolutely fine.

I wonder what their actual explanation is why they didn't use the ABBA system when it's been used everywhere previously.

Because they didn't feel like it? Been a long night?

Seems unfair it's not something you can just pick and choose games for a laugh. Either everyone uses the ABBA system or no one.

Pisses me off more the fact we lost to it :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

What's wrong with the offside law?

If a part of your body that you can score with (Head, feet, legs, torso, arse) is beyond the last defender as the ball is played then you're offside.

Its absolutely fine.

Have to disagree. Offside because your head is leaning forward? Offside because a defenders trailing foot is behind him as the striker runs the other way?

Linesmen guess lots of marginal offsides. Ive heard that first hand from people within the referees assosciation. 

VAR will help in this regard but some offsides are literally that marginal, youd need to know exactly the point at which the ball left the foot of the man making the pass. In as many frames as possible.

Lacazette v stoke and kane v everton are two such examples. Its very tough.

VAR shouldnt undermine the credibilty of the linesmen either. But itll probably mean a lot less flagging and everything thatll come with that.

5 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I wonder what their actual explanation is why they didn't use the ABBA system when it's been used everywhere previously.

Because they didn't feel like it? Been a long night?

Seems unfair it's not something you can just pick and choose games for a laugh. Either everyone uses the ABBA system or no one.

Pisses me off more the fact we lost to it :rolleyes:

The FA don't use it in FA competitions. The Football League use it in Football League competitions. That's all there is to it.