Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

FA Cup 2017-18

Just now, Fox92 said:

Good refereeing though. And didn't ruin it by sending one off

Good refereeing? Ball had gone out of play and Holgate shoves Firmino over the advertising boards and into the stands, could have really injured him. Red for that, and yellow for Firmino for reacting.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Good refereeing? Ball had gone out of play and Holgate shoves Firmino over the advertising boards and into the stands, could have really injured him. Red for that, and yellow for Firmino for reacting.

He calmed it down superbly but ffs it's a local derby, not everything is a booking 

I do think it is a yellow though 

Edited by Fox92

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Possibly a racist comment there by Firmino? It’s the only reason I can think of why Holgate would lose it like he did

That was my first thought too, something really riled him up, be interesting to see if anything comes out after the game.

Holgate was going mad asking if the ref heard something.

Madley reaching new levels of poor, a push into crowd which endangered safety of player - no action, a player putting his hands on ref - no action, well it's a derby and all that nonsense, how about applying the rules? Should have been two yellows for Holgate but gets nothing. Players are to blame for the nonsense but the F.A.'s appointment and Madleys lack of action are again leading to an incorrect outcome.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fazzyfox said:

Madley reaching new levels of poor, a push into crowd which endangered safety of player - no action, a player putting his hands on ref - no action, well it's a derby and all that nonsense, how about applying the rules? Should have been two yellows for Holgate but gets nothing. Players are to blame for the nonsense but the F.A.'s appointment and Madleys lack of action are again leading to an incorrect outcome.

Agree

I think Madley would be a lot better off if they kept him out the limelight for a bit, allow him to gain some confidence back. He's clearly not cut out for the big games yet for some reason he keeps getting them, with pressure mounting on him every time he's put infront of the TV cameras. 

Christ I actually think I feel sorry for him lol 

Edited by TheUltimateWinner

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

He calmed it down superbly but ffs it's a local derby, not everything is a booking 

No I understand harsher tackles and the sort in this kind of game, more leniency across the board. But Holgate was embarrassed about being tackled like that and lost it, and could have injured Firmino with the ball out of play. That's not cricket

Can't remember who it was but someone shoved Vardy into a camera stand in a similar incident a few years ago and it was amazing that Vardy wasn't hurt at the pace he was going. Have no time for that sort of thing

2 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

No I understand harsher tackles and the sort in this kind of game, more leniency across the board. But Holgate was embarrassed about being tackled like that and lost it, and could have injured Firmino with the ball out of play. That's not cricket

Can't remember who it was but someone shoved Vardy into a camera stand in a similar incident a few years ago and it was amazing that Vardy wasn't hurt at the pace he was going. Have no time for that sort of thing

Yeah I agree. Proper snidey thing to do. Like when strikers push the defender into their goalkeeper when chasing back to goal

• Like 1

Just now, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I do think it was a yellow. I've just edited my post.

Firminho must have said something for the reaction after but yeah I agree about Holgate in the first place.

looked like Firmino said '....puta' which can be quite offensive in Spanish/Portuguese. No wonder Holgate has reacted like he did. Surprised Madley's not heard it or if he has, he's absolutely bottled it. 

Well, he bottled it anyway by not booking either. 

Just now, StanSP said:

looked like Firmino said '....puta' which can be quite offensive in Spanish/Portuguese. No wonder Holgate has reacted like he did. Surprised Madley's not heard it or if he has, he's absolutely bottled it. 

That’s prostite in Spanish isn’t it. Can’t see him reacting like that.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why would you react like that to being called a whore in a different language?