Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I still think we're going to finish top 8. Am I mad?

3 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Not a SINGLE penalty this season....and we;ve had 4/5 "stonewallers" ignored by incompetent/cheating refs.

Probably has more to do with time spent in the oppositions box than cheating refs. Incompetent or useless I can accept but cheating? Have you any proof of this.

Your also lucky your defense is so well organized as it's them that have given you your great season.

• Like 1

And yes, before Mr. Clever-clogs starts questioning my credentials as a Leicester fan:

lost 3-0 at home to Palace a few weeks ago. Lost 6-1 at home to Bottlenham this time last year. Beaten Arsenal just once in 26 games. And, won the last two in East London, but before that? .......1972!

(may manage a 0-0 at The king Power? - would win if we had more than one player who knew where the goals are)

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Probably has more to do with time spent in the oppositions box than cheating refs. Incompetent or useless I can accept but cheating? Have you any proof of this.

Your also lucky your defense is so well organized as it's them that have given you your great season.

Did you really just say Burnley were lucky as their defense is so well organised????. :o.. dear oh dear..has that not got something to do with management, training and practice by chance?

Edited by hawxi1882

10 minutes ago, hawxi1882 said:

Did you really just say Burnley were lucky as their defense is so well organised????. :o.. dear oh dear..has that not got something to do with management, training and practice by chance?

I never understand why fans of opposing teams come on Foxes talk just to post the type of comments you have in your 2 posts.

I can understand a bit of chat before and after a game with the two teams in the relevant threads and welcome polite opposition supporters.

Why even let it worry you what Leicester fans say about Burnley on a Leicester site? 

8 minutes ago, hawxi1882 said:

Sorry where did I slag off your management. Think I said your lucky you defense is so well organized. Surely that's a compliment to your management.

My point was you've scored about the same as the three that look like going down. Had your defence performed like those three teams you would perhaps be one of those three.

Now pull your head out of your arse.

• Haha 1

We seem to have come full circle on this since the original post. Initially 8th seemed pretty unlikely (even outlandish), then it was regarded as a bare minimum, and now we’re back to pretty unlikely with a string of unfortunate results and players that are either pissed off with the club (or manager), or have gone on early hols.

Just hope this negative momentum does persist next season.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

21 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

We seem to have come full circle on this since the original post. Initially 8th seemed pretty unlikely (even outlandish), then it was regarded as a bare minimum, and now we’re back to pretty unlikely with a string of unfortunate results and players that are either pissed off with the club (or manager), or have gone on early hols.

Just hope this negative momentum does persist next season.

I don’t think any of the results have been unfortunate.

On 4/25/2018 at 12:33, FIF said:

I'm getting tired of  your hard done to mantra.

You've been incredibly lucky with injuries this season and been able to field your best players nearly every game and they've grown to know each otgher well - it's something we benefitted from greatly the year we WON the league. you've managed 7th - big deal. Take your Dyche love to a Burnlet site and get out of my thread. :D 

Unlike Leicester, we "may not have many pound notes" to spend but we have had "many" injuries this season - more than The Foxes.;)

Edited by lancyclaret

9 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Unlike Leicester, we "may not have many pound notes" to spend but we have had "many" injuries this season - more than The Foxes.;)

Are you actually Sean Dyche? Cos you sure sound like him, whiny and entitled. Even in a good season all you can do is complain how unfair everything is and how unlucky you've been :rolleyes:

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Can't you go and whine on a Burnley forum?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We're in danger of not even finishing in the top half.

2095159740_ScreenShot2018-05-05at17_23_17.png.bcb38909b77a8d5a4300c64221c732b0.png

Arsenal at home and Spurs away.

Newcastle have Spurs away and Chelsea at home.

Palace have West Brom at home.

If we get spanked by london which is likely we could drop 5 to 7 goal difference. That could cost us.

The only plus point about our demise is that it’s looking like we won’t have to suffer this bloody thread much longer.

I’m not sure I could have taken FIF gloating  over how ‘he was correct’ if we had finished 8th as if it was anything to be proud of.

I actually hope we don’t now.

• Haha 1

Everton are at West Ham, and in fairness, West Ham aren't doing too badly right now, whereas Everton are awful away from home (0.8 points per away game). We have to beat Spurs though, a draw won't do.

Edited by Beechey

7 hours ago, Beechey said:

Everton are at West Ham, and in fairness, West Ham aren't doing too badly right now, whereas Everton are awful away from home (0.8 points per away game). We have to beat Spurs though, a draw won't do.

Spurs need a win to avoid a qualifying CL fixture in August. They will be up for it. It will be different to arsenal........

• Like 1