Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I still think we're going to finish top 8. Am I mad?

1 hour ago, hackenbacker said:

after yesterday

in a word ... YES!

46 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Top 18 more like.

41 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Cant see anything other than a relegation battle. Depends if Silva does come in before Jan and Iborra fits well.

Going off yesterday's performance I get the feeling it will be a long season and it will end in tears like with RanRan

but we got a point from an away game yesterday against a probable mid-table team.

Haven't seen enough to suggest we'll finish top 10.

Haven't been impressed with us at all, besides Brighton which was a comfortable victory against a poor side.

Midfield ain't good enough.

I went to Huddersfield optimistic but we were shit.

Edited by Fox92

On 17/09/2017 at 11:59, chapero82 said:

3 wins in 15 with Shaky? No chance 

10 wins in 22 in all competitions since Shakey took over. 8 losses and 4 draws. The losses came against the following teams..

Everton 

Atletico Madrid 

Arsenal

Man City

Spurs

Arsenal 

Man Utd

Chelsea

Draws against 

Atletico Madrid 

Crystal Palace 

Bournemouth 

Huddersfield 

Shakey has limitations but the outright dismissal of him on here is bewildering. I'd like to know from anyone which one of those losses should hsve we expected to win? Plus, bar the freak result against Spurs we haven't been hammered. It took a Huth OG, Mahrez freak pen, Giroud late winner,  etc to get beaten. 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 4

Guest CityFan 06

No, I don't think it's unrealistic. Assuming Silva comes in aswell, we've got a real chance. 

How we set up away from home needs looking at and there are improvements to be made to our game. However, Shakespeare has not only said himself he'd like to aim for top ten this season, his business in the summer transfer window would also suggest this. 

The word is delusional!

Seriously though, it's possible, but they'd need to be a tremendous turn around by a manager in his first full season without a full midfield.

If the team spirit can survive these initial shocks then we could do well. I can't see anything than lower mid table though, but then no one saw the result two seasons ago.

Edited by Foxxed

3 hours ago, Koke said:

10 wins in 22 in all competitions since Shakey took over. 8 losses and 4 draws. The losses came against the following teams..

Everton 

Atletico Madrid 

Arsenal

Man City

Spurs

Arsenal 

Man Utd

Chelsea

Draws against 

Atletico Madrid 

Crystal Palace 

Bournemouth 

Huddersfield 

Shakey has limitations but the outright dismissal of him on here is bewildering. I'd like to know from anyone which one of those losses should hsve we expected to win? Plus, bar the freak result against Spurs we haven't been hammered. It took a Huth OG, Mahrez freak pen, Giroud late winner,  etc to get beaten. 

Good post..cheered me up

• Like 1

On 17/09/2017 at 10:07, Buce said:

Bat-shit crazy, I'd say.

We'll flirt with the relegation places until Shakespeare is sacked, then recover to around 14th, imo.

I think this as well unfortunately. Really want Shakey to do well. It's getting a replacement that scares me more. 

Can only think of Tuchel and he wouldn't come anywhere near us.

On 9/17/2017 at 01:26, FIF said:

I've read the doom and gloom throughout the boards this week and throughout the start to the season but from what I've seen I still think we're going to finish top 8.

What have I seen?

I've watched a fair few games and I've seen 3 very good teams and 3 good teams with flaws, then I've seen a lot of average teams and some very poor teams. Overall I've been impressed with Leicester - yes we only have 4 points from 5 games (relegation numbers) but we've actually looked good (a lot of the time) Arsenal, we should have beaten and our play was at least as good as theirs, Manure were better than us, but we put up a good show, Chelsea were better than us but not by as much as I'd expected. Brighton were well below us and Huddersfield out worked us in the first half (our most disappointing 45 of the season so far) but they were lucky to hold on in the second half (at least until we took Vardy off).

Our team. Kasper is solid to good, top 8 team keeper. Fuchs has played much better than I predicted and simpson is his consistent self ( I'd like an upgrade and think we need it  - hello Sagne - but he's good enough as a weak link in the team). Maguire has been exceptional (even if he does occassionally get beaten), he's young and progressing. Wes has done better than I expected but clearly Huth is the man to play alongside Maguire to handle the bullies like Depoitre. Ndidi is looking good but he's young will make the odd mistake whilst he continues to learn. James started the season well but we were exposed yesterday when King had to replace him, we really missed the one touch king danny drinkwater but hopefully Iborra and Silva can strengthen our midfield or we can move to a central 3. Albrighton started great on the wing but he has disappeared in the last 2 games  - not sure why - Mahrez has looked great and average but the fact we have him until at least January reinforces my belief that we can do well. Vardy has been spectacular, great effort and goals - the easy tap in yesterday and we'd be laughing. Okazaki was stupendous in the first 2 games but he really shouldn't be our level for starter. Iheanacho looks the real thing and if he can stay fit he can build a great partnership with Vards.

To make 8th we probably need fifty something points. We can do that. Ignore the top 6. Home wins against everyone else (39pts) draws away against everyone else (13pts). What we don't make from that we pick up at home against the top 6. 8th place. Job Done.

Am I crazy?

If we get Silva sorted, I think we can finish higher than 8th. FFS, we could've finished 8th last season if we won our last game, could we? We can go on a run like we did last season if Iborra and Nacho stay healthy and get better integrated into the team, If James gets healthy enough to play. We have a very talented side. The problem is at the moment our talent is unevenly distributed. With our injuries and registration issues and transfers and loans, we simply do not have a full complement of Premier League quality DMs. It is just a fact. 

But people seem to be going nuts thinking our recent results indicate doom. They don't. They reflect a difficult injury situation, and they are temporary. We can play and beat the elite teams in this league if we are healthy, I have little doubt of that. I have seen us do it with inferior squads. But we need Silva, he unlocks Gray and Nacho. We need Iborra and Dragovic, they allow us to beat the press that is so pathetically effective against us. We can go 4-4-2/3-4-3 against the weaker teams, and something resembling a 4-1 (Iborra)-2 (Silva/Ndidi)- 3(Gray or Mahrez, Nacho/Vardy) against the better pressing teams, with Maguire and Dragovic and Silva and Iborra and Nacho and Gray on the field, I think we can finally beat the press and get the ball forward.

I don't think there are seven better teams in the league, not in terms of talent and will to win. With teams distracted by Europe, we have an opportunity to make a run. Just need the injuries to settle down and Silva to get registered.

I think the top 5 teams have all strengthened dramatically, and there will most likely be a big gap between them and the other teams.

I think we aren't too far away from having everything click into place. We have such a strong squad now, especially if we can get Silva playing this month. 

We've had a very difficult start, so it's not easy to predict how we are shaping up so far. I think we should finish well clear of the relegation scrap, but perhaps fall short of a top 8 finish. I am going for a comfortable 10th. 

I just can't see us struggling, unless we suffer from injuries and Silva can't join us until Jan. It's been a tough start and Huddersfield was disappointing, but I am still optimistic we can have a decent season.

Nobody really believes we'll be relegated, surely?!

Had some tough fixtures so far and the majority of performances haven't been too bad. There's problems that need addressing but I'm sure there are 8 or 9 worse teams than us in this league. The home games against lesser teams will see us to safety and then the other games we'll pick up enough to finish around 10th

57 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Go on then, name 8 teams who will 100% finish above us:

Man Utd

Man City

Arsenal

Chelsea 

Spurs

Liverpool

Name another 2, not who might, but who are certain to finish above us...

In my opinion Everton who will start to click at some point. They have a lot of new players and it will take some time to get it together. I also think that they'll get a striker in January.

I also see WBA. Pulis is a clever troll and they bought very smart during the summer.

But I'm definitely certain that we will never get the top 8 if Silva doesn't play before january. We absolutely need a midfielder good on the ball who can support the attacking players.

Destroyers only won't cut it.

19 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Mid table would be excellent.  Getting to 40 points is a long way off at the moment. 

19 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Haven't seen enough to suggest we'll finish top 10.

Haven't been impressed with us at all, besides Brighton which was a comfortable victory against a poor side.

Midfield ain't good enough.

I went to Huddersfield optimistic but we were shit.

18 hours ago, Royston. said:

Bottom 8 more likely

18 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I've thought about it for two days and yes, you are 

17 hours ago, Foxxed said:

The word is delusional!

Seriously though, it's possible, but they'd need to be a tremendous turn around by a manager in his first full season without a full midfield.

If the team spirit can survive these initial shocks then we could do well. I can't see anything than lower mid table though, but then no one saw the result two seasons ago.

13 hours ago, mod hero said:

I think this as well unfortunately. Really want Shakey to do well. It's getting a replacement that scares me more. 

Can only think of Tuchel and he wouldn't come anywhere near us.

2 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

bottom 8 yes, relegation scrap maybe.

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Palace, Brighton, Bournemouth, West Ham, Swansea, Everton, Stoke, Watford.

Negative Nancy's the lot of you.

How can Leicester be the second happiest City in England?

Right off to my Tea Party

Catch you later.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Go on then, name 8 teams who will 100% finish above us:

Man Utd

Man City

Arsenal

Chelsea 

Spurs

Liverpool

Name another 2, not who might, but who are certain to finish above us...

Everton, Huddersfield. Possibly Newcastle and Stoke as well. Maybe even West Ham.

That's right, we could finish behind 2 promoted clubs.

We should be better than most of them, but we aren't. They are better tactically and are playing with more motivation.