Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I still think we're going to finish top 8. Am I mad?

8th is entirely achievable, don't see how people can say otherwise. We had a rubbish start and we're still only 4 points off 6th with a load of the more difficult games out of the way. Also looking above us - Burnley, Watford, Newcastle - would be surprised if none of those drop off. And we've already got our most important January signing done!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

I'm all for optimism but come on folks we are how many points away from the bottom three?  A couple of wins has lifted us no doubt but let's get to January before we start to assess where we think we will finish

Why not start looking upwards? We’ve started scoring plenty of goals, and we’ve just got a manager in whose speciality is a solid defence.

I said right near the start of the 2015/16 season that we would do well as it’s easier to coach a team to defend than to score goals- obviously didn’t expect anything like the season we had then, and I don’t expect anything like that again. The principle remains the same though- carry on scoring 2 goals per game against the likes of Swansea/Everton and tighten up the defence, and we’re in for a cracking season.

There’s a very long way to go and anything can happen, but 7th certainly isn’t out of our reach this year.

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

We've got the best squad outside the top 6 imo - 7th should be the aim.

I'd go a bit further than that. I genuinely think we have a better squad than Liverpool. Up front they are class with Coutinho, Mane, Salah, Firminho and Sturridge, but I'd rather have our Keeper and set of defenders than theirs. They also don't have a player in the Ndidi category and in recent games we have had Nacho and Slimani on the bench for additional firepower. Those are some strong options to have!

10 hours ago, waylander said:

He he makes  me laugh we live life on blind faith. Religion anyone you choose politics the same. Every single thing we do is with blind faith . Getting up in the morning is nice if your positive it's going to be a good day. Can be tough if your struggling so smell the roses feel the rain and love your team top six for me the only way is up baby. You and me.

I'm a delusional optimist . 

I have blind faith faith that he end is coming . The end of politics religion the world , our planet the universe our life it will all happen we just don't know when . So smile live your life love Leicester but most of all love life . all the miserable buggers on here make me smile I'm a happy clapper . And I defend FIF from col. Kich . Buce. Don't let them grind you down . They post some interesting stuff but can be negative delusional sorry if I'm subliminally stereotyping or confusticating . ? Magic mushroom soup.

Gud on ya....we must share the same mushrooms.

Its seems others are too busy, stirring their portions of mushy peas, or baked beans.

Farting out the negatives, is easier than staying composed, when non-believers get on their

Chariots to try and drive us into their life of causic misery.....BLUE is associated with gloom and depression,

but also, being cool, riding refreshing waves, and awakening every day with fresh ideas...:scarf:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You want to know something shocking? Currently apart from Burnley and Newcastle, we are the only team outside of the top 6 that doesn't have a negative goal differential. I think that is very telling about how dross most of the teams outside of the top 6 are.

We have also scored the 2nd most goals outside of the top 6, only second to Watford.

Edited by TheHitman™

1 hour ago, TheHitman™ said:

You want to know something shocking? Currently apart from Burnley and Newcastle, we are the only team outside of the top 6 that doesn't have a negative goal differential. I think that is very telling about how dross most of the teams outside of the top 6 are.

We have also scored the 2nd most goals outside of the top 6, only second to Watford.

That isnt "Dross""...just our a league table works...

I suppose your football perfection is seekng the bottom 3 having a positive GD.

Great post for mis-using, even abusing statistics, to qualify a pressing need to prove,

a negative Yearning!!:P

18 hours ago, Col city fan said:

What are you advocating now? That your prediction was based upon us sacking Shakespeare?

To be fair, I advocated CS getting two more games because I believed the Swansea and the Everton ones were our best chance of picking up good points. A lot of people were looking at the Bournemouth and West Brom games, but we've struggled against those two historically, so my decision on CS was going to be based on those two games. I honestly believed we had a chance of picking up points under him in those two, if we did and we got our season going I thought top 8 would still be possible.

Edited by Babylon

4 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Why not start looking upwards? We’ve started scoring plenty of goals, and we’ve just got a manager in whose speciality is a solid defence.

I said right near the start of the 2015/16 season that we would do well as it’s easier to coach a team to defend than to score goals- obviously didn’t expect anything like the season we had then, and I don’t expect anything like that again. The principle remains the same though- carry on scoring 2 goals per game against the likes of Swansea/Everton and tighten up the defence, and we’re in for a cracking season.

There’s a very long way to go and anything can happen, but 7th certainly isn’t out of our reach this year.

You make a good point, but in reality tightening up a defence often means sacrificing the quality of the attack

5 hours ago, Bunyip said:

I'm all for optimism but come on folks we are how many points away from the bottom three?  A couple of wins has lifted us no doubt but let's get to January before we start to assess where we think we will finish

Come on guys, to finish in the top eight we are not competing against the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid. Instead, people have mentioned tow teams currently in disarray (Everton and West Ham) and the likes of Southampton, Newcastle and West Brom. Bearing in mind that the owners have invested, a top eight finish is the absolute minimum we should expect now that we have appointed a Manager with a good track record (albeit, based on only one season) in the Premier League.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

To be fair, I advocated CS getting two more games because I believed the Swansea and the Everton ones were our best chance of picking up good points. A lot of people were looking at the Bournemouth and West Brom games, but we've struggled against those two historically, so my decision on CS was going to be based on those two games. I honestly believed we had a chance of picking up points under him in those two, if we did and we got our season going I thought top 8 would still be possible.

I think that's fair enough. Personally I thought we'd lose to Bournemouth and beat West Brom..so there ya go..

The point I'm making is that any real discussion of where we might finish in the league really starts now.

We all know that a good football team is a composite of the players, who's managing them, the personalities at the club and all that...

It's far from just being about players like FIF would have is believe.

Now.. my feeling is that I saw some real positives on Sunday in terms of setting up to take a lead and then hold onto it. This is promising. As for where we'll end up..who knows

7 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

As I said I hope you are right but let's look again after January, not on a couple wins against lesser opposition

3 hours ago, 49er said:

Come on guys, to finish in the top eight we are not competing against the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid. Instead, people have mentioned tow teams currently in disarray (Everton and West Ham) and the likes of Southampton, Newcastle and West Brom. Bearing in mind that the owners have invested, a top eight finish is the absolute minimum we should expect now that we have appointed a Manager with a good track record (albeit, based on only one season) in the Premier League.

We were rock bottom for how long in the season of the great escape? any of those teams can do the same. For goodness sake, we are only at the start of the season, if we had lost the last lost two we would be rock bottom. Stifle your enthusiasm until we are at least looking a safe bet after January. If you really know your football you will know a couple of wins at this stage of the season after you have been in the bottom three does not make you a top six or even eighth side. Of course, I hope and pray we continue on the up but for heaven sake be realistic.

Edited by Bunyip
  • Like 1