Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

Is Slimani of premier league quality

47 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

going crashing into a tackle you know you cannot win isn't brave its stupid, crash into a keeper needlessly, as would have been the case last night, he wasn't getting the ball, will almost always end up in you getting a yellow card.

The manager needs to stop asking him to play the Okazaki role or the Vardy role which he doesn't have the attributes to do and instead tailor the team to play to Slimani's strengths if he wants to see him at his best

Agree.

That's what people need to see though. The groaners see Slimani and immediately think poor mans Vardy replacment, when his game is completely different and the setup for him needs to be different. Play Vardy in a deep number 10 role and we would be groaning about him after 5 games as I'd be confident he couldn't play that position. It's all about how we Set up and their stengths and Slimani is doing what he can to play in a system that clearly doesn't suit him yet.and is still popping up with goals. 

• Like 1

There is one main reason why Slimani is growing on me.

When he scores for the club, he looks absolutely overjoyed. He looks like he wants to be a success here and is massively happy when he gets goals. I like that. 

One of my workmates went to the game last night and told me that where she sat, Slimani was getting Hell from many of the fans. I think we need to get off his back and support the bloke to be honest. If he looked like he didn't give a shite, I wouldn't be bothered. But I think he does.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

When he scores for the club, he looks absolutely overjoyed. He looks like he wants to be a success here and is massively happy when he gets goals. I like that. 

One of my workmates went to the game last night and told me that where she sat, Slimani was getting Hell from many of the fans. I think we need to get off his back and support the bloke to be honest. If he looked like he didn't give a shite, I wouldn't be bothered. But I think he does.

Problem is Col football fans in general are very fickle and emotive, you only have to look at the wide spectrum of negative threads and knee jerk overreaction on here to give you a feel for that!

• Like 3

Beautiful goal last night, solid player should probably start more maybe play Vardy, Slim and Nacho behind them would be a lethal strike force

Maguire Draggo Huth

Mahrez Iborra   Niddi Gray

Nacho

Vardy    Slim 

all out attack

Edited by whoareyaaa

11 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Beautiful goal last night, solid player should probably start more maybe play Vardy, Slim and Nacho behind them would be a lethal strike force

Maguire Draggo Huth

Nacho

Vardy    Slim 

all out attack

Good way to lose 5 or 6 nil

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Maguire Draggo Huth

Nacho

Vardy    Slim 

all out attack

would have a goalie if I were you

3 hours ago, the fox said:

The biggest misconception about him is that he is a "physical striker" (which he isn't)

He is an old fashioned box striker, he plays on the shoulder of the defenders and needs crosses/service, you can't expect him to be winning aerial duels against bigger defenders while the have the high ground. And him gaining more mass will only make him so (which contradict with his play style I side the box) He isn't built like that, he needs to play in a team that keeps possession. He, believe it or not, makes the team a better possession based side. He gets the ball and passes it out wide, he has good pace for a big guy, in the right team, he will abuse defenders (just got back and watch Porto or west ham at home, his movement inside the box when he gets a cross is elite)

I dont doubt his work in the box. His positions are good.  I do think it would be better both in and out of the box if he was stronger so he doesn't get pushed about.

When vardy came to us he said he found he was up agaist strongest defenders  he had ever encountered. He went to the gym and said it took a year.

I loved that application.

I wish slimani could make that progress.  It's the fact that the other parts of his game are so good means that he should put in the effort to be more 

19 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I dont doubt his work in the box. His positions are good.  I do think it would be better both in and out of the box if he was stronger so he doesn't get pushed about.

When vardy came to us he said he found he was up agaist strongest defenders  he had ever encountered. He went to the gym and said it took a year.

I loved that application.

I wish slimani could make that progress.  It's the fact that the other parts of his game are so good means that he should put in the effort to be more 

Are you LCFC's fitness trainer? Genuine question. You're talking like you know who is regurlary at the gym and how long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Maguire Draggo Huth

Nacho

Vardy    Slim 

all out attack

Put in James/Albrighton  for Gray, Then I would say...yup lets go for it.

Then bring on Gray ca 65min, for 1st sub.

Oh..Slimani is a PL quality striker, in a front foot team ...18+ goals in a season.

Get 3 midfielders in that fking midfield...we win more than we lose, link play would be automatically better

IBERRO

James  Ndidi

Edited by fuchsntf

10 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Maguire Draggo Huth

Nacho

Vardy    Slim 

all out attack

"Draggo" :blink:.

10 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Are you LCFC's fitness trainer? Genuine question. You're talking like you know who is regurlary at the gym and how long.

I have no idea.... but i sit and watch the performance every week....  i watch slimani gettimg pushed arround.  The quote from vardy was from a program interview in our championship winning year

Seriously i do believe that to be elite in any area like sport maths music etc you need to specially work to strech yourself to aquire the skills...fitness.. mindset of the elite.

The book "peek" by anders eriksen shows that many teams train for team work or general skills ...or for this weeks match rather than setting time to have individuals work on their own improvement goals 

Edited by foxinsocks

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

He is exactly the type of player that should be loved here. Like many of our players he came from nothing and worked himself from the Algerian league to the premier league. I always think that it's weird when anyone suggests he is lazy and doesn't care, why would he come this far and just stop? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

he is not strong enough to dice with pl defenders and this has been the case since he arrived  - he is too easily pushed off the ball.  he pulls out of tackles like his one on one with the lpool goalie last night.  He has had a year to work in the gym and to address this issue - he has done nothing.  I expect he has not done any training to address his poor passing either.  If he was making progress with these things I would support him.  

Right now he is not PL quality - the worrying thing is he doesn't seem to be improved to become pl quality.  If he won't help himself then why should we support him?

he scored a great goal - but this can't paper over the cracks

I don't think this is a right or fair assessment. I see premier league target man strikers from other teams and I think what make him have issues is we don't provide him the right service because we can't keep possession anywhere. Put him in Everton, Southampton or even Palace and he would do better for them. I would even say West Brom would work too as they know how to get crosses to a big man.

We play like atletico Madrid so we need pacy, physical players to play our best game. That doesn't mean Slim is not PL quality.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DelBoy73 said:

If Vards gets ever injured for more than a couple of games, you can safely write-off this season, period.

Disagree. This is exactly why we should be encouraged by having players like Iheanacho and Slimani in the squad now. Two very good strikers at this level.

It may mean we have to adapt our style/formation, but we are in much better shape than we have been in years with covering an injury to our top striker. 

Slimani has scored goals for us, and more than anyone else in terms of goals per mins ratio. Great to have that type of player available if Vardy does get injured.

I just hope Iheanacho can also score goals for us, as we will then have 3 top strikers in our squad plus Okazaki to share the work load etc. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Disagree. This is exactly why we should be encouraged by having players like Iheanacho and Slimani in the squad now. Two very good strikers at this level.

It may mean we have to adapt our style/formation, but we are in much better shape than we have been in years with covering an injury to our top striker. 

Slimani has scored goals for us, and more than anyone else in terms of goals per mins ratio. Great to have that type of player available if Vardy does get injured.

I just hope Iheanacho can also score goals for us, as we will then have 3 top strikers in our squad plus Okazaki to share the work load etc. 

Problem is, bar Musa ( if he was not that gob shit ) only Vardy fits into the way CS sets us up every fooking game.

Ihenacho is a false nine and Slimani a target-man, the only system that could benefit of pairing Slimani with Okazaki / Nachoman would be to switch to a 4-5-1 or -4-4-1-1, which i am not confident Shakespear would ever have the dedication to.

2 minutes ago, DelBoy73 said:

Problem is, bar Musa ( if he was not that gob shit ) only Vardy fits into the way CS sets us up every fooking game.

Ihenacho is a false nine and Slimani a target-man, the only system that could benefit of pairing Slimani with Okazaki / Nachoman would be to switch to a 4-5-1 or -4-4-1-1, which i am not confident Shakespear would ever have the dedication to.

This is very true of course and was strongly confirmed on Tuesday when Shakey played a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 with a pairing of Ulloa and Slimani, which was very odd thinking! 

Perhaps Shakey will be loyal to the 4-4-2 no matter what the players he has available to him, which is quite concerning. 

I remember Claudio saying that the player's didn't want to change from the 4-4-2 when we went on our woeful run. Perhaps this is in Shakey's thoughts too much. 

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I have no idea.... but i sit and watch the performance every week....  i watch slimani gettimg pushed arround.  The quote from vardy was from a program interview in our championship winning year

Seriously i do believe that to be elite in any area like sport maths music etc you need to specially work to strech yourself to aquire the skills...fitness.. mindset of the elite.

The book "peek" by anders eriksen shows that many teams train for team work or general skills ...or for this weeks match rather than setting time to have individuals work on their own improvement goals 

So guess work stated as fact. I've read stranger things on this forum.

He's not bounced off and pretty much a bully in the box, which is his game, thing you don't seem or not want to see. He's also pretty a big guy and no lightweight. It's also not the sunday league, every player is followed and gets his own fitness programm accordingly to his role and abilities. That includes Slim and lifting more weight makes you a better athlete, not a better footballer.

Mindset you say? Yeah right. The guy started from nothing, played in a shitty league in Algeria and worked his ass off to bring himself where he is. Don't you remember last year how the SP fans loved him and praised his workrate on and off the pitch, his will to improve himself?

How you lot made him a lazy nob is beyond me. It must be his mug. 

Anyway thank you for replying.

51 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I remember Claudio saying that the player's didn't want to change from the 4-4-2 when we went on our woeful run. Perhaps this is in Shakey's thoughts too much. 

I remember too, it was around last winter if i am correct.

Anyway, the players preferences should be irrelevant when it comes to tactics, period.

Do you think Guardiola gave a flying fook of what Terry Henry, Ronaldinho or Ibrahimovic thought about his tactics ?

On 20/09/2017 at 19:56, Bluetintedspecs said:

Problem is Col football fans in general are very fickle and emotive, you only have to look at the wide spectrum of negative threads and knee jerk overreaction on here to give you a feel for that!

He only needs to look at his own posts... :whistle:

• Haha 2