Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

Is Slimani of premier league quality

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Everyone knows my opinion's on him, I don't need to say alot more.

Regards 'Is Slimani of Premier League quality?' the answer is a no from me. I can only genuinely say he played well, impressed me and i've been able to give him praise in 1 game he's played for us. That was the Sheff Utd game a few weeks ago in the League Cup, a Championship club, I think that speaks volumes and I think that is his level.

He didn't impress you versus Porto or Man City (last season with the 4-2 victory)? :D 

Edited by Redouane

12 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Rubbish.

7 goals, 4 assists last season in 13 Premier League starts (+ 10 apperances off the bench). That's a very respectable return in a season disrupted with injury, AFCON, lack of a run in the team and the team as a whole playing badly. 

Strange that he didn't get a run in the team when the rest of the players weren't performing. Must be a reason for that.

sorry but for the outlay he should be contributing more 

I really feel for Slimani, he chose the wrong club to be transferred too. Besides not playing to his strengths, he is often slated when he doesn't deserve, he should have been sold in the summer window to a PL club that plays proper football, and then you would see if he isn't a PL quality player. He has so little minutes for a player of his cost, has a good goal return for his minutes on the pitch yet at first opportunity he gets stick, what people expect him to do in 8 minutes with the team playing bad? 

Edited by Eagle10

3 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

I really feel for Slimani, he chose the wrong club to be transferred too. Besides not playing to his strengths, he is often slated when he doesn't deserve, he should have been sold in the summer window to a PL club that plays proper football, and then you would see if he isn't a PL quality player. He has so little minutes for a player of his cost, has a good goal return for his minutes on the pitch yet at first opportunity he gets stick, what people expect him to do in 8 minutes with the team playing bad? 

Bore off you clown 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Why are you on here then?

This is a Leicester City forum, not the Slimani Fanboy Forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Difference is Vardy has scored countless amounts of goals for us so misses like yesterday's are a bit easier to forgive. Slimani has offered us pretty much nothing since he arrived

Other than the best goals and assist per minute ratio last season you mean.

There is an argument as to whether he fits our style or whether we get the best out of him. But to say he's done nothing is just another factually incorrect statement that gets chucked about.

Just now, Matt said:

Why are you on here then?

This is a Leicester City forum, not the Slimani Fanboy Forum.

Sporting fan to start with, not Slimani fanboy. But I like to see players that did excellent in our club, when they are gone. Just stating facts, if you don't know how to argument, then you are on the wrong forum.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eagle10 said:

Sporting fan to start with, not Slimani fanboy. But I like to see players that did excellent in our club, when they are gone. Just stating facts, if you don't know how to argument, then you are on the wrong forum.

Well, you had me fooled.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Other than the best goals and assist per minute ratio last season you mean.

There is an argument as to whether he fits our style or whether we get the best out of him. But to say he's done nothing is just another factually incorrect statement that gets chucked about.

Didn't Ulloa have the best goal and assist to minute ratio in our first season in the prem? Could be wrong....he still got heavily criticised.

Slim scored a few goals in a very poor season but I just don't think his overall game is good enough. Would love to be proven wrong by him

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

No you're alright, I think I'll stick around considering I'm a Leicester city fan and this is a Leicester city forum

Start to act like one then, and stop wrongly slating the players. I always see you whining about Leicester players, not only Slimani.

2 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Start to act like one then, and stop wrongly slating the players. I always see you whining about Leicester players, not only Slimani.

Oh really? Is that Mahrez by any chance lol

And I'll support my club how I see fit but thanks for the advice :thumbup:

Edited by foxfanazer