Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Lukaku song - racist or banter?

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Wish our lot could come up with chants like that.

Kelechiiii
Iheanachooo
Our Nigerian scoring genius,
We can't sing about his penis,
We're politically correct,
He's offside when erect.

4 minutes ago, Bilo said:

It's not racist.

I have a massive penis and I'm white. As a member of the community of men with massive penises, I can assure that this is entirely benign.

I must be psychic or something. Everytime you post I think "massive dick", that explains it.

Clifford Stott, a professor of social psychology at Keele University, is an expert on crowd behaviour. 

"Football fans have always chanted in a way that is sometimes on the edge," he told BBC Radio 5 live. "This is another example of it. I suspect that it will rapidly die away.

"I think a lot of fans who sang it had no racist intent and don't see it as racist - they see it as funny. 

"It is a chant that is racist and Manchester United fans need to face up to that fact. 

"It does perpetuate a racist stereotype and I don't think it's a chant that is going to survive for any great length of time because people are realising that fact."

... say what now??

Archived