Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Artur

Bartosz Kapustka - Debut in Bundesliga

On 19/09/2017 at 18:42, brucey said:

People actually thought he played well against Derby? Even the highly biased Polish newspapers were literally saying after the game "no wonder Kapustka can't break into the Leicester side, Gray is ahead of him and so much better"

Yeah, he was among our best players against the Derby giants, which granted doesn't say a lot. It's baffling he's only played three games for Leicester and hasn't played even one minute in the league. I don't know what was Ranners problem with him as I find it hard to believe it was all about the physical side of Kapustkas game (Mahrez and Grey are lightweight too and somehow it's not an issue), anyway CR's stuborness didn't pay out in the end for anyone and it was too late for Shakes to take any risks as he preferred proven, if out of form, players.

I'd like you to quote these 'highly biased Polish newspapers' which were saying that about Kapustka and that Gray is 'so much better' because I didn't read anything like it and find especially the latter part hard to believe as Gray hasn't been anywhere near senior England squad (and it has little to do with him being Leicester player, I think the lad is more than decent but he has to learn to pass the ball more often first, among other things) - then again I'm not Kapustka's follower or anything so I could miss it if they were really writing that.

A lot of you seem to forget Kapustka already was a proven player for Poland since 18, for over a year before the start of last season and IMO that was behind the decision to sign him up. Let's just wait for a little longer than 20 minutes of game time before passing the judgement on the lad. This season should tell how good he is, give him some months and we'll see if he can follow Krams footsteps or deteriorate even further. I hope he does the job in Bundesliga and prove naysayers wrong so he can go back with the heads up. TBF I believe the majority of the work to do in his case is in the head department. He still has some growing up to do, mentally. He has to get over that wasted season and the initial setback at Freiburg (it sounds like he was expecting to jump into the first team from Day 1 judging from that translated bit) and also stop posting pictures of himself with some 'deep' Linkin Park quotes etc because it's not helping anyone (same goes for Demmy... and any other player in that regard, seems like that's what they do in their free time these days). If he can do that, then mark my words, this cabbage will grow!

• Like 1

On 9/20/2017 at 23:12, Tuna said:

Complete waste of money as far as I'm concerned. No idea why we signed him and loaned out Lawrence.

No nor can I. 

This forum remains periodically very bizarre, with some posters commenting on how good they thought Kaputska looked in some of the brief appearances he made for us. He may somehow make a breakthrough but all I saw was a player who looked quite skillful, but just too lightweight for the Premiership.

I say once more, thank God the owners pulled the plug on Ranieri. Some of the signings we made during his tenure were bizarre and we were getting relegated under him last season. Of that I have no doubt.

We may complain about Shakey and some of the boring style of play he brings to the team. And rightly so at times. But at least he's solid, seems sensible and I think, will keep the players feet on the ground.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

No nor can I. 

This forum remains periodically very bizarre, with some posters commenting on how good they thought Kaputska looked in some of the brief appearances he made for us. He may somehow make a breakthrough but all I saw was a player who looked quite skillful, but just too lightweight for the Premiership.

I say once more, thank God the owners pulled the plug on Ranieri. Some of the signings we made during his tenure were bizarre and we were getting relegated under him last season. Of that I have no doubt.

We may complain about Shakey and some of the boring style of play he brings to the team. And rightly so at times. But at least he's solid, seems sensible and I think, will keep the players feet on the ground.

Yes give give me 'boring','solid' and 'sensible' over a league title win and CL qualification every time.

?

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

• 3 months later...
On 9/19/2017 at 18:31, urban.spaceman said:

We paid £7m for him.

I find it hard to get worked up about this. I'd like all our signings to be as good as Mahrez, Kante or Maguire. But there's always risk involved. And those risks will involve higher sums of money at this level. And I find it hard to gain much satisfaction from wonderful profit-loss statements. If we have to burn through some of Sky's television millions on the chance of a wonderkid or a financial flop them I have no qualms at all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Randomly thought of this lad this morning and forgot he was still on our books, anybody know how he's getting on? Are we likely to see him back?

In short, things aren't looking good for him.

He's only started to feature in November and so far played barely 180 minutes in 5 games in BL. Had one great game against Wolfsburg when he scored after coming off the bench. He started two times but only to be subbed off in half time (he wasn't the only one, their manager has a short fuse apparently but it's evident Kapustka is the first one to sacrifice when they need to switch formation/style). That game he scored in was the only full Freiburg game I saw so I can't really tell how good/bad he was in other games, especially those in which he had to go off at half time - how much of it was due to him playing poorly etc.

I remember reading some interview with Freiburg manager few months ago, he said Kapustka has to improve his defending as well as physical skills. Apparently thats what cabbage must've done because he started featuring in the squad soon after that and in his second or third game scored a goal against Wolfsburg. But after having a string of 3 games in which he featured, he was out of the squad again for the next two - no Idea why. With his playing time so limited and being subbed off in half time twice I you only imagine how it affects his confidence. He give one interview I know of, a short, generic and not very revealing one (he's 'determined' 'working hard' 'eager to adjust' etc etc). Come to think of it, it's probably for the better if he keeps shtum about his dissapointments/misgivings and so on, just keep your head down son and work hard, don't complain on social media etc etc.

Some of you might wonder about Freiburg team, are they indeed so good that former Polish national cant get a look in. Quite the contrary. While they had managed to finish last season 7th, from the beginning of the current one they play like relegation candidates. 13th (out of 18) place after 17 games may seem high but that's only 4 points above second from bottom HSV who are in the drop zone. They are a painful team to watch, often too eager to park the bus unwilling to take the risk and attack. Some of the players lack basic technical skills, the simplest of passes are often a problem. Their gaffer is a seasoned veteran and a club legend, he's been managing them for several years now and the owners stick with him through thick and thin, from midtable to heights of 5th place and Europa League to the lows of relegation and then back to 1st Bundesliga next season and midtable and now relegation battle again. 

Whatever I'd say about the current quality of Freiburg team and their manager's brand of football the fact that Kapustka gets so little playing time is just as alarming. I reiterate what I had said during his first season at Leicester (and by which I still stand), he's the biggest Polish talent since Lewandowski. 

But as it stands, he haven't played in Poland team for about a year (not even in friendlies) so as a Poland supporter few months before WC I'm seriously worried (there's massive problem with wingers atm, the key ones are either injured or don't play). He was one of our best players at Euros, a 'soon-to-be key player' but now 1,5 seasons on one can't be sure if he'll even get on a plane to Russia.

IMO the second half of this season will be a make or break time for him, at least as far as his Leicester/Freiburg career is concerned. If he will feature more often, get a few goals and several assists then Freiburg could fork out the 6 mil he's worth, but if he'll continue to be this underwhelming - I can only expect CP to put him in the shop window in summer. Of course, even when scarcely featuring at Freiburg he still might get to Russia and somehow have a great tournament but at the moment it's hard to imagine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

In short, things aren't looking good for him.

He's only started to feature in November and so far played barely 180 minutes in 5 games in BL. Had one great game against Wolfsburg when he scored after coming off the bench. He started two times but only to be subbed off in half time (he wasn't the only one, their manager has a short fuse apparently but it's evident Kapustka is the first one to sacrifice when they need to switch formation/style). That game he scored in was the only full Freiburg game I saw so I can't really tell how good/bad he was in other games, especially those in which he had to go off at half time - how much of it was due to him playing poorly etc.

I remember reading some interview with Freiburg manager few months ago, he said Kapustka has to improve his defending as well as physical skills. Apparently thats what cabbage must've done because he started featuring in the squad soon after that and in his second or third game scored a goal against Wolfsburg. But after having a string of 3 games in which he featured, he was out of the squad again for the next two - no Idea why. With his playing time so limited and being subbed off in half time twice I you only imagine how it affects his confidence. He give one interview I know of, a short, generic and not very revealing one (he's 'determined' 'working hard' 'eager to adjust' etc etc). Come to think of it, it's probably for the better if he keeps shtum about his dissapointments/misgivings and so on, just keep your head down son and work hard, don't complain on social media etc etc.

Some of you might wonder about Freiburg team, are they indeed so good that former Polish national cant get a look in. Quite the contrary. While they had managed to finish last season 7th, from the beginning of the current one they play like relegation candidates. 13th (out of 18) place after 17 games may seem high but that's only 4 points above second from bottom HSV who are in the drop zone. They are a painful team to watch, often too eager to park the bus unwilling to take the risk and attack. Some of the players lack basic technical skills, the simplest of passes are often a problem. Their gaffer is a seasoned veteran and a club legend, he's been managing them for several years now and the owners stick with him through thick and thin, from midtable to heights of 5th place and Europa League to the lows of relegation and then back to 1st Bundesliga next season and midtable and now relegation battle again. 

Whatever I'd say about the current quality of Freiburg team and their manager's brand of football the fact that Kapustka gets so little playing time is just as alarming. I reiterate what I had said during his first season at Leicester (and by which I still stand), he's the biggest Polish talent since Lewandowski. 

But as it stands, he haven't played in Poland team for about a year (not even in friendlies) so as a Poland supporter few months before WC I'm seriously worried (there's massive problem with wingers atm, the key ones are either injured or don't play). He was one of our best players at Euros, a 'soon-to-be key player' but now 1,5 seasons on one can't be sure if he'll even get on a plane to Russia.

IMO the second half of this season will be a make or break time for him, at least as far as his Leicester/Freiburg career is concerned. If he will feature more often, get a few goals and several assists then Freiburg could fork out the 6 mil he's worth, but if he'll continue to be this underwhelming - I can only expect CP to put him in the shop window in summer. Of course, even when scarcely featuring at Freiburg he still might get to Russia and somehow have a great tournament but at the moment it's hard to imagine.

Sounds pretty poor then all around at present but I am hoping things turn around for him in this next 6 months fingers crossed anyway 

• Like 1

He’s just turned 21, 15 caps for his country, been to a major tournament and playing in the Bundesliga....... yet people are writing him off! He was never going to get game time here and there was literally no point putting him in the under 23s. With Mahrez off the door is open now for Gray to kick on and for Barnes or Kaputska to stake a claim for the start of next season. Why do the majority of people want to see our youngest talents fail before they’ve even got out the blocks?

1 hour ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

He’s just turned 21, 15 caps for his country, been to a major tournament and playing in the Bundesliga....... yet people are writing him off! He was never going to get game time here and there was literally no point putting him in the under 23s. With Mahrez off the door is open now for Gray to kick on and for Barnes or Kaputska to stake a claim for the start of next season. Why do the majority of people want to see our youngest talents fail before they’ve even got out the blocks?

because they desperately want ot hang onto the team of 2 years ago no matter how bad they get and will target anyone that could potentially replace one

15 hours ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

Nobody wants them to fail, but you have to look at the facts. Couldn't get a kick here, failed to impress in the youth team and failed to impress at lowly German team. 

He'll lucky to start an under 23's game for us next year, let alone a premier league game.

13 hours ago, Jimmy said:

because they desperately want ot hang onto the team of 2 years ago no matter how bad they get and will target anyone that could potentially replace one

Yeah that's it... not the the bloke just isn't good enough.

• 1 month later...