Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 2-0 Liverpool - Vote Now

10 hours ago, Topman said:

People said slimani had a great game and ran his socks off must be watching it on tv or a different game to me, he didnt do anything apart from the great goal he scored and one of the laziest player i ever seen, this is not just from me but everyone sitting around me, dont get me wrong i hope he do well and has a great strike rate, but he is sooo lazy

Are you insane? He is the big version of Okazaki. Runs his socks off.

He didn't do anything in the first half, but there were no balls being pushed forward either. 

Hamer - 6 - I thought he looked steady, without really dominating his area

Amartey - 5 - he is no Right Back (he doesn't have the pace or the anticipation to deal with wingers), though he could make a good Centre Back (and we'll probably never know the answer to that !)

Morgan - 7 - I thought we wouldn't be seeing him much this season, but he continues to impress (especially with his anticipation), he just lacks pace

Dragovic - 7 - not the best of first halves (when he looked a bit in awe of Liverpool - I'd give him 6 for that), but a very good second half (I'd give him an 8 for that)

Chilwell - 6 - better than Amartey, but he is no good as a 'conventional' Left Back - though he could make a fantastic Left Wing Back / Midfielder / Winger

Albrighton - 6 - he put in a shift along the whole of the right side (as ever), without really imposing himself as an attacking player

Ndidi - 9 - awesome, he pretty much won everything in midfield (and fairly cleanly - unlike Iborra) - my MotM (if only for the fact he played most of the game, unlike Shinji)

Iborra - 7 - steady and worked hard, to some effect, but no pace and very cumbersome at times (with his tackling especially) - he'll get a lot of bookings !

Gray - 8 - at times he looked magnificent, at other times he was too sleepy.  He clearly is a talent, waiting to happen - we just need to persevere

Slimani - 6 - I would have given him a 5 until THAT goal.  He clearly can work, if he is used properly - but unfortunately, I don't think Shaky knows how to use his properly !

Ulloa - 3 - abysmal, a total waste of space and an attacking place.  He should NEVER play with Slimani again - and only be used as a sub if Slimani isn't available.  Why we ever renewed his contract, I'll never know.  I'm sure he's a nice guy - who can probably do a job in the Championship - but he'll never be a Premiership quality player and we should get rid in January

Okazaki - 9 - he made all the difference.  He would have been my MotM, if he was on (and played like that) for most of the match.  He has been a revelation this season - and should start every game (even if he comes off after the 'customary' 60/70 minutes !)

Shaky - 6 - 8 for realising that it wasn't working (and his half time talk), 4 for picking Ulloa (with Slimani in a front 2) 

1 hour ago, bald reynard said:

Hamer - 6 - I thought he looked steady, without really dominating his area

Amartey - 5 - he is no Right Back (he doesn't have the pace or the anticipation to deal with wingers), though he could make a good Centre Back (and we'll probably never know the answer to that !)

Morgan - 7 - I thought we wouldn't be seeing him much this season, but he continues to impress (especially with his anticipation), he just lacks pace

Dragovic - 7 - not the best of first halves (when he looked a bit in awe of Liverpool - I'd give him 6 for that), but a very good second half (I'd give him an 8 for that)

Chilwell - 6 - better than Amartey, but he is no good as a 'conventional' Left Back - though he could make a fantastic Left Wing Back / Midfielder / Winger

Albrighton - 6 - he put in a shift along the whole of the right side (as ever), without really imposing himself as an attacking player

Ndidi - 9 - awesome, he pretty much won everything in midfield (and fairly cleanly - unlike Iborra) - my MotM (if only for the fact he played most of the game, unlike Shinji)

Iborra - 7 - steady and worked hard, to some effect, but no pace and very cumbersome at times (with his tackling especially) - he'll get a lot of bookings !

Gray - 8 - at times he looked magnificent, at other times he was too sleepy.  He clearly is a talent, waiting to happen - we just need to persevere

Slimani - 6 - I would have given him a 5 until THAT goal.  He clearly can work, if he is used properly - but unfortunately, I don't think Shaky knows how to use his properly !

Ulloa - 3 - abysmal, a total waste of space and an attacking place.  He should NEVER play with Slimani again - and only be used as a sub if Slimani isn't available.  Why we ever renewed his contract, I'll never know.  I'm sure he's a nice guy - who can probably do a job in the Championship - but he'll never be a Premiership quality player and we should get rid in January

Okazaki - 9 - he made all the difference.  He would have been my MotM, if he was on (and played like that) for most of the match.  He has been a revelation this season - and should start every game (even if he comes off after the 'customary' 60/70 minutes !)

Shaky - 6 - 8 for realising that it wasn't working (and his half time talk), 4 for picking Ulloa (with Slimani in a front 2) 

Pretty much agree with all those ratings, except for Iborra and Shakespeare. I agree with your comments BR, but would give Iborra, 6 and Shakespeare, 5. On that performance, I thought Iborra was clumsy in the tackle and not a great passer of the ball; therefore a 6, rather than a 7 . I would give Shakespeare 7 for his half time changes and 3 for picking Ulloa; hence a 5 overall, instead of a 6. 

8 hours ago, Redouane said:

Are you insane? He is the big version of Okazaki. Runs his socks off.

He didn't do anything in the first half, but there were no balls being pushed forward either. 

i wouldn't go that far, slim pulls out challenges, shinji dont. I praise slim for his finishing but he is a lazy git...

This forum really does only seem to work in extremes. :P

Comparing Slimani to Okazaki with regards to work rate is clearly nonsense but saying he's a lazy git is even more nonsense.

He clearly isn't on the same level as Shinji, Vardy or Albrighton when it comes to work rate but few are. That doesn't make him Jermaine Beckford mk. II.

I'd say his work rate is pretty good. Not one of his most notable traits but definitely a help to the team and a long way from being a hindrance.

10 hours ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Pretty much agree with all those ratings, except for Iborra and Shakespeare. I agree with your comments BR, but would give Iborra, 6 and Shakespeare, 5. On that performance, I thought Iborra was clumsy in the tackle and not a great passer of the ball; therefore a 6, rather than a 7 . I would give Shakespeare 7 for his half time changes and 3 for picking Ulloa; hence a 5 overall, instead of a 6. 

Unless I dreamed it Shaky only made the sub when he had to in the second half after Ulloa was injured.

On 20/09/2017 at 00:47, Topman said:

People said slimani had a great game and ran his socks off must be watching it on tv or a different game to me, he didnt do anything apart from the great goal he scored and one of the laziest player i ever seen, this is not just from me but everyone sitting around me, dont get me wrong i hope he do well and has a great strike rate, but he is sooo lazy

Completely disagree. For a big man he does his fair share of running and closing down

16 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Unless I dreamed it Shaky only made the sub when he had to in the second half after Ulloa was injured.

The half time changes I was referring to, were the changes in formation (bringing Albrighton back to cover Amartey, to prevent Robertson getting crosses in, moving Ndidi further up and Iborra back, as cover for the back four) and the pep talk he clearly gave to the team. If you remember, he didn't make any half time substitutions!

Archived