Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nugent

Pre Match Thread - Liverpool Home (League)

Put out the best team. Don't let Ulloa even near the bench - unless he's still injured, then that's a given.

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Maguire

Fuchs (provided his eye has healed in time)

Mahrez

Iborra

Ndidi

Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

Subs: Hamer, Huth/Dragovic, Chilwell, Amartey, King, Gray, Slimani

12 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Put out the best team. Don't let Ulloa even near the bench - unless he's still injured, then that's a given.

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Maguire

Fuchs (provided his eye has healed in time)

Mahrez

Iborra

Ndidi

Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

Subs: Hamer, Huth/Dragovic, Chilwell, Amartey, King, Gray, Slimani

I guess Iheanacho doesn't play for us. Iheanacho needs to be brought into the squad and play. It doesn't make sense to buy him and not play him if he is fit.

3 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

I guess Iheanacho doesn't play for us. Iheanacho needs to be brought into the squad and play. It doesn't make sense to buy him and not play him if he is fit.

Same as above but maybe nacho for okazaki then swap them over last 30  mins 

If we can keep Coutinho quiet I'm pretty confident.

Liverpool should/could have been 3 up by half time and I think Firmnho or Sturridge would have taken some of those chances but we'll threaten them more with Vardy back pestering them. They aren't great at the back or on the ball.

Drop Albrighton though ffs. Lets go at them with Mahrez and Gray either side. Regardless of whether Fuchs is back or not, keep Chilwell in as he hasn't done anything wrong.

4-4-2 with Shinji is often more akin to 4-2-3-1. He made a difference at Huddersfield when he came on, Mooy had too much freedom in the first half and was allowed to run the game,as soon as Shinji came on He pestered Mooy,didn't allow him time on the ball and the momentum of the game changed. The same happened last night,although Coutinho's withdrawal also helped. Including Shinji in the starting 11 makes it more likely we can play  on the front foot and press the opposition.

Can we accommodate Shinji, Vardy and Nacho in the starting 11? I'm not sure we can but I'd like to see it. Anyway I'll imagine it'll be the same team that started against the udders except with Shinji in for Nacho. I expect us to play poorly if this is the case and I'm not holding my breath for a decent result. 

I assume Fuchs and James are both ruled out and if Vardy can't play then one of Nacho or Slim with Shinji. 

Kasper

The 4 usual Suspects

Mahrez Iborra Ndidi  Gray

Shinji since we go 4-4-2

Vardy (if fit)

I refuse to believe that he'll put King in a midfield two.

Fight fire with fire.  With a full strength Liverpool I full expect them to be up for it on Saturday and give us a doing, so may as well throw everything at them

3-4-1-2

Kasper

Morgan

Maguire

Dragon

Gray (left)

Iborra

N'Diddi

Mahrez (right)

Shinji

Vardy

Slim

Fast flowing one touch football with no pass over 20 yards in distance lol

Worried about the CM situation. Without James or Silva, I think King edges it over Iborra at the moment.

However Ndidi was limping a bit too much for my liking on tunnel cam yesterday. :unsure:

Our midfield will be crippled regardless, so Shinji definitely has to start to add another 0.5 midfielders.

Guest seanfox778

We can beat them if we start at a high tempo and get in their faces, just give Okazaki and Vardy loads of Skittles before they go out and the 3 points are ours. 

Liverpool have quality weapons, but as we proved in February, we must press to blunt that edge and to create chances against a suspect defense.  Simpson will close the biggest hole we showed Tuesday.  Albrighton needs a rest, but if we play Gray I want Fuchs behind him.  He can debut his own designer goggles.

It’s becoming clear that Arsenal and Liverpool are the weakest sides of the big six.  We gave Arse too much respect and it cost us.  We’re at home, Pool are slumping and Mane is out.  Play to win !

I think back to the fantastic home match last season when we came flying out of the blocks and never gave them chance to settle. We did something similar for a 20 min period on Tuesday with a similar result. Clearly this technique works against Liverpool. I just hope we don't do the usual sit back and soak it up as I don't think we'll get away with it twice.

Midfield is very worrying. Ndidi was definitely limping as he walked off. If so that leaves a choice of Iborra, King and Amartey as the only options. Hamza looked well out of his depth in his cameo so I assume the U23 cupboard is bare. Someone remind me how we got in this situation.

21 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Kasper

Simpson

Morgan

Maguire

Chilwell

Mahrez

Ndidi

King

Gray

Okazaki

Vardy

Okazaki always does well versus Liverpool and was man of the match last night so he must come in. Iborra looked off the pace and would be worried if we started him so think King starts instead. Think we will see more of Iborra from the following game when the opposition are less possession intensive. Gray should start over Albrighton who wasn't at his best last night. Depends how they play, we will need to restrict Salah / Coutinho / Firminho which is no easy task. We need to fast start and get at them like we did in Shakepeare's first game in charge. Hopefully Vardy is on it and leads from the front.

So who in your lineup is going to restict Salah/coutinho/firminho?

Hope King isn't starting, would love a change of formation and therefore personnel but not holding my breath.

Whatever line-up we have I expect us to spoil Klopp's party. City victory as we climb the table.

edit: Home crowd needs to get back to constant noise. Get those clappers in Top.

7 minutes ago, FIF said:

So who in your lineup is going to restict Salah/coutinho/firminho?

Hope King isn't starting, would love a change of formation and therefore personnel but not holding my breath.

Whatever line-up we have I expect us to spoil Klopp's party. City victory as we climb the table.

edit: Home crowd needs to get back to constant noise. Get those clappers in Top.

We restrict them by drilling the team in training this week. Liverpool play a fluid 4-3-3 and on Tuesday Albrighton and Amartey struggle to know when to pick up Coutinho when he drifted, allowing Robertson far too much time and space to put in dangerous crosses. To restrict them we simply need to be aware of what the Liverpool forwards are doing and know when to keep position and when to follow the man. Much easier to say than do given the quality of their players but with experienced full back / winger pairings of Simpson / Mahrez and Chilwell / Gray we would be better setup. If we feel nervous about the youngsters then we should go with Fuchs / Albrighton but I think the youngsters deserve their chance after their performance midweek. 

I agree regarding King, but still think we will see him.

I think these are psychologically weak and are also under pressure. Whilst I'm nervous about a possible 'backlash', I think an early goal for us and we might see a red implosion. Sadly, it might also be that an early one for them helps then cast off the mental shackles, too. First goal key. 

10 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I expect Iheanacho will start just behind Vardy

Think Shakey will bring King back in too.. :dry:

Not confident about this one. I think we will be overrun in the midfield again and this time we will be royally caught out. 

If we go 4-4-2, I don't think one second that he'll start, especially if King is in the middle, which apparently everyone is convinced of. It would be suicide.

Archived