Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

The Iborra Thread

Shocking most of the first half but much better second.

You can clearly see he's happy to receive the ball and want it even in tight areas (something we need). He will get better the fitter he gets and more time he adapts to English football.

Likes a tackle too which could be bad but also good as again, need someone with some bite!

Would start him Saturday

Other teams and other sets of fans will absolutely hate him....which automatically makes me love him!!

Been to long since we've had a real horrible fvcker in the middle who likes a bit of continental time wasting and 2 footed lunges.

Thought he did alright…. My word he's a unit!

4 observations

simple passing,

getting up to speed with a new pace,

doesn't mind picking up the ball,

and fulsome challenges

he'll do ok I reckon and I think he may start on Saturday

Thought it was quite a poor debut actually. Quite a few misplaced passes, off the ball I think he looked a bit rash and he did a few bizarre things, most obviously the overhead kick and that horrendous two footed lunge.

Having said that, I do think some of that was just rust and an eagerness to impress. I think he is a player past his best who has a pedigree and I think he will prove useful when he settles down a bit. Fingers crossed. 

A bit surprised by the positive feedback here. On last night's showing I thought he looked like an accident waiting to happen and was lucky not to already have been booked before he eventually was. However, I appreciate it's his first game and he's been injured so it's too early to judge him yet either way. Obviously hope last night was down to rustiness and he'll come good.

He was very poor. But i'm sure there's more to come from him.

My main concern with him though is that he doesn't look like an LCFC player. No hustle, no bustle. He looked like the sort of player you see in World Cup 1982 highlights. Just walking around and stroking the ball about a bit, to no actual purpose.

I can't see how he's gonna fit in this team.

With the fairly major caveat that if you ignore his actual play, he looks a bit like Matic on the pitch with the way he moves around.

He was ok, some of the passing was legit terrible but I enjoyed his missed overhead kick in his own box so I'm giving him 9/10 for entertainment

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

I thought he was terrible! After one great first time pass, he gave the ball away time and again, mis placed challenges and looked second to everything. He put in a reckless challenge around the 80 minute mark which luckily completely missed so avoided going into the referees book.

His knockdown for the Okazaki goal was good, but it was about the only thing he did well in the match. I felt that if anything Ndidi carried him throughout, rather than being a calming influence. He had a stinker and i think he knew it. 

I won't write him off, but he looked like he struggled with the physical intensity of the game big time. It's one of the reasons we beat Sevilla at the KP last season in fact. I think he will eventually adjust, but only get up to speed by playing in high tempo games. If / when Silva comes in I expect the same from him too to begin with.

I think that's far to harsh. It s fair if we limit the assessment to most of the first half, but the whole team struggled. Personally I thought he grew and grew. Very promising. 

He does like a lunge though doesnt he! 

2 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

I think that's far to harsh. It s fair if we limit the assessment to most of the first half, but the whole team struggled. Personally I thought he grew and grew. Very promising. 

He does like a lunge though doesnt he! 

Ha! It probably is a bit harsh, but he got a 5/10 on Sky Sports player ratings (for what that's worth). Some other incidents I remember being questionable were his bicycle kick clearance failing spectacularly and having his arms around one of the Liverpool players for a corner. Definitely putting himself about!

Anyway as I say I'm not writing him off. I saw an old match of his playing for Sevilla the other day where he scored a hat-trick and he was great in that match. His style seemed very Leicester-esque. But yesterday I think if you take out the "new player" novelty he was all over the place. He'll get better for sure tough.

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Definitely hit and miss, but the bits he did well were encouraging. Composed at times and thought he was great once we were ahead. I don't think we'd have lost at Arsenal had he been able to come on for the last 10 minutes. Organised defence at times and always offered for the ball. Yes he lost it a couple of time but not afraid to receive the ball under pressure, which we lack massively.

This.  I thought this at the time and it is one reason I don;t think people should be too quick to judge Shakey.  X

29 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

He was very poor. But i'm sure there's more to come from him.

My main concern with him though is that he doesn't look like an LCFC player. No hustle, no bustle. He looked like the sort of player you see in World Cup 1982 highlights. Just walking around and stroking the ball about a bit, to no actual purpose.

I can't see how he's gonna fit in this team.

That that shitehouse Pirlo? :)

40 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I was saying last night from here he could well be Matty James if you changed the 21 to 22.

Very similar build, look and playing style too

Aside from the fact Iborra is about half a foot taller lol

You know what, with two big physical CMs who can sit deep (n'didi and iborra), we could really use some overlapping fullbacks!

Just like how spurs use dier and wanyama. Overload the wings and force the other team to come inside and then make it a slugfest with 4 physical lads going at it.

I liked him. Looked rusty, but I wasn't expecting him to be at his best in his first competitive start in England. Plus we were shit in the first half, how is he supposed to pass accurately when he has 2 seconds on the ball and half our players are hiding or miles away.

His height is really useful, which made me laugh when we took short freekicks. Nice assist to Shinji.

Archived