Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

The Iborra Thread

I think if I made my debut against Liverpool at the KP with a full house I might put the odd pass astray. At the end of the day new player, new league, and as the game wore on he got better. Hope the young uns on here give him more than a couple of matches to be a world beater! When you've seen debuts from akinbadby junior Lewis , josh low, spider Zalac, the big 'O ' then I think you would realize these indeed are golden times!

Thought him giving the ball away far too many times and the horror tackle were a direct result of not being able to keep up with the pace and therefore panicking... time will tell if he manages to adjust to PL pace. He also seems to like to pass it sideways and backwards around the back 4 a lot... useful if we're trying to keep possession and calm the game down I suppose, but it makes me nervous when our back 4 isn't actually much good at passing. He did that for a spell passing back and forth repeatedly to Hamer/Dragovic while our players seemed to expect a forward pass, eventually he passed it to Morgan who obliged by booting it forward. Good assist, but poor game IMO.

It wasn't the best debut, he looked quite a way off the pace. Hopefully this gets better as he adapts and his fitness improves. He wanted the ball and tried to make himself available when someone else had it, which is big positive, hopefully he gets better at finding a man.

If Matty James had given the ball away as many times as Iborra last night, or been beaten in as many one on one's, he would've been panned for that performance. That being said, you could see the effort he was putting in and the fact he got so annoyed with himself when he did fcuk up would suggest he cared and that he knew he could do better. Fingers crossed he'll be a top player for us if he can get up to speed with the prem. Its not easy for anyone, playing in a 2 usually against 3. Except if you are Ngolo Kante. 

6 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

I think if I made my debut against Liverpool at the KP with a full house I might put the odd pass astray. 

As you said, he defo grew stronger as it went on. 

Also, could have been worse. Compare Iborra's performance to that of AOC and AOC made Iborra look like ****ing Messi. Messi on speed. 

4 hours ago, Strokes said:

It wasn't the best debut, he looked quite a way off the pace. Hopefully this gets better as he adapts and his fitness improves. He wanted the ball and tried to make himself available when someone else had it, which is big positive, hopefully he gets better at finding a man.

There was a lovely bit in the second half where he was in the middle of the field and he demanded the ball from one of our CBs, laid it off to the other CB (not sure which way around it happened) and then moved it forward when he got it back. The whole time he was moving into space and making himself available whilst pointing and verbally shouting for the ball. 

He clearly has good vision and he looked calm doing this. He then applauded both CBs as if to say - 'that's what I'm here for, use me for that'.

I think he will be good for us once he gets up to full speed. 

Just now, lifted*fox said:

There was a lovely bit in the second half where he was in the middle of the field and he demanded the ball from one of our CBs, laid it off to the other CB (not sure which way around it happened) and then moved it forward when he got it back. The whole time he was moving into space and making himself available whilst pointing and verbally shouting for the ball. 

He clearly has good vision and he looked calm doing this. He then applauded both CBs as if to say - 'that's what I'm here for, use me for that'.

I think he will be good for us once he gets up to full speed. 

Yeah that's what I hope it will be like, he is obviously not used to picking up the ball and all his teammates running as far away as possible from him though lol 

Hopefully Silva will offer some quality support asap.

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah that's what I hope it will be like, he is obviously not used to picking up the ball and all his teammates running as far away as possible from him though lol 

Hopefully Silva will offer some quality support asap.

It was literally the first time our players stayed close enough to him to play a nice little triangle. Before that he must have wondered if everyone else on our team had popped down to the concourse for a pie. 

10 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

If Matty James had given the ball away as many times as Iborra last night, or been beaten in as many one on one's, he would've been panned for that performance. That being said, you could see the effort he was putting in and the fact he got so annoyed with himself when he did fcuk up would suggest he cared and that he knew he could do better. Fingers crossed he'll be a top player for us if he can get up to speed with the prem. Its not easy for anyone, playing in a 2 usually against 3. Except if you are Ngolo Kante. 

Hmm... Strange comparison. Iborra had his professional debut, not really the same as examining the performance of Matty James, first-team regular (up until recently) and three years his junior.

Or, seen from another point of view: When's the last time you seen James assist a team player on a goal with a jumping header in the opposition's box?

It is true that Iborra was somewhat suspect going forward. Then again, he's usually more defensive-oriented, so that shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Hmm... Strange comparison. Iborra had his professional debut, not really the same as examining the performance of Matty James, first-team regular (up until recently) and three years his junior.

Or, seen from another point of view: When's the last time you seen James assist a team player on a goal with a jumping header in the opposition's box?

It is true that Iborra was somewhat suspect going forward. Then again, he's usually more defensive-oriented, so that shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.

I think your comparison is much stranger.

Archived