Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

The Iborra Thread

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think your comparison is much stranger.

Why would that be? It‘s strange to compare a first-team regular with a new acqusition who has only just arrived a short while ago and who needs to get back to full fitness first.

Also, Iborra and James tend to occupy different positions on the pitch.

In conclusion, it‘d be like criticizing Simpson for not scoring enough.

4 hours ago, Callabinho said:

What, is he supposed to chase his own passes? **** me....

Some proper ****ing mongy comments on here sometimes Jesus wept.

Chase his own passes !?!? ...   did I say that ? ...   yes you're right pal some proper ****ing mongy comments on here !

I was pointing out that he seemed off the pace, which, hopefully will improve along with his passing.  However, I will reserve my judgement until I've seen him in a prem game as opposed to one outing for the stiffs where our midfield was totally overran. 

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Why would that be? It‘s strange to compare a first-team regular with a new acqusition who has only just arrived a short while ago and who needs to get back to full fitness first.

Also, Iborra and James tend to occupy different positions on the pitch.

In conclusion, it‘d be like criticizing Simpson for not scoring enough.

Simpson doesn't score enough.

9 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Chase his own passes !?!? ...   did I say that ? ...   yes you're right pal some proper ****ing mongy comments on here !

I was pointing out that he seemed off the pace, which, hopefully will improve along with his passing.  However, I will reserve my judgement until I've seen him in a prem game as opposed to one outing for the stiffs where our midfield was totally overran. 

I said that he is used to players willing to pass and move, and we don't do that... to which you replied "he wasn't doing much of that"...

Considering I had already made the statement we aren't a pass and move side one can only assume you were trying to imply Iborra should have been playing tiki taka with himself.

8 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

I said that he is used to players willing to pass and move, and we don't do that... to which you replied "he wasn't doing much of that"...

Considering I had already made the statement we aren't a pass and move side one can only assume you were trying to imply Iborra should have been playing tiki taka with himself.

Well one assumed wrong didn't one ...   Jesus wept.

14 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Hmm... Strange comparison. Iborra had his professional debut, not really the same as examining the performance of Matty James, first-team regular (up until recently) and three years his junior.

Or, seen from another point of view: When's the last time you seen James assist a team player on a goal with a jumping header in the opposition's box?

It is true that Iborra was somewhat suspect going forward. Then again, he's usually more defensive-oriented, so that shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.

I think it's entirely reasonable to compare  a Leicester city central midfielder with another Leicester city central midfielder. Both of whom have partnered Ndidi in a 442. I was only actually comparing how James would've been assessed if he had played like Iborra did. Iborra didn't get panned for his performance (nor would I want him to) but James would've been slated by some for putting that shift in. I appreciate it was his debut (not his professional debut though as you state - that was nearly 10 years ago for Levante) and I liked the look of him but I guess I was making a point to the james' haters out there!

He isn't in the same league as estanban. However he didn't really start having an impact until Feb time in his season here. I thought iborra showed some nice touches got stronger as the game went on. Hopefully will become an asset.

This was his first full 1st team game since joining us and it is the end of September so he is bound to be rusty and not match fit.

He is a big strong mobile unit for a centre mid and will do well for us when needed/used especially in away games we have not had a player this for a few years.

If he had been fit for the Arsenal  game and come on for the last 15/20 minutes we would have got something from that game.

21 hours ago, sk3forme said:

This was his first full 1st team game since joining us and it is the end of September so he is bound to be rusty and not match fit.

He is a big strong mobile unit for a centre mid and will do well for us when needed/used especially in away games we have not had a player this for a few years.

If he had been fit for the Arsenal  game and come on for the last 15/20 minutes we would have got something from that game.

Or not, depending on how he played during that 15/20 mins. He might've scored but then he might've been beaten for pace, given away a penno or got sent off. ?

Yeah he's a bit rusty, made one or two agressive tackles, so what. All the better, he's exactly what we need: a proper character in the middle of the park. No more Andy 'Mr Invisible Man' King, thank you, we've had enough of that. And it's pretty obvious this guy's quality. Few more games and he should be leading the midfield. Wish Silva was here to complement him and Ndidi

Until Silva is eligible and fit, I think Iborra is going be the safest choice with Ndidi in a midfield two.  It seems to come naturally to him to slot into the back when Maguire takes the ball and goes marauding, which I generally would not want to discourage.  He can insure against the counter while Ndidi burns his lungs out playing box-to-box.

• 4 weeks later...

He’s in no rush to get forward is he, bless him.

He’s always looking to release the creative, attacking midfielder - but we ain’t got one!

Still think him and Silva together could work...

2 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Here we go, usual Muppets condemning a player after one performance.

:rolleyes:

just imagine if andy king had ever played that badly. he’d have been JFK’d before half time. iborra was absolutely atrocious from start to finish. 

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

just imagine if andy king had ever played that badly. he’d have been JFK’d before half time. iborra was absolutely atrocious from start to finish. 

Go to bed and reflect on the stupidity of your words in the morning.

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

He was always available. Used the ball wisely in the main. Provides a presence in both boxes and looks like he'll get better and grow into the team / league. That was a perfectly okay performance. 

dress it up with whatever slightly nice words you want mate, he was fu cking diabolical. no wonder andy king plays every week if that’s the main competition. 

Archived