Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Lloyd dyer m'lloyd!!!!!!

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

Remember when he scored against Madrid?

The lad was class, no fancy tricks, just pace.

Defenders and the whole ground knew what he was going to do, still did it, still beat them on the outside.

So predictable yet so entertaining.

It's a shame for someone like loyd that we that we achieved what we did after he left.

He is likely to be consigned to a footnote in the history of the club when we look back at this era.

I personally won't forget his 7 years here loads of great games, pace to burn, dozens of big moments, loved the club and showed plenty of loyalty when he could have gone elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

It's a shame for someone like loyd that we that we achieved what we did after he left.

He is likely to be consigned to a footnote in the history of the club when we look back at this era.

I personally won't forget his 7 years here loads of great games, pace to burn, dozens of big moments, loved the club and showed plenty of loyalty when he could have gone elsewhere.

I'm not knocking Lloyd but this might be why he left. He leaves on a high with a club loving him to pieces, or stays isn't good enough and we turn on him (and we really would have) 

Felt sad that he wasn't given another year and got to play for us in the premier league. To have been with us since league 1, he earned that opportunity.

I know he rejected our offer as it was only 1 year but he deserved a 2 year deal.

1 hour ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Mentioned it on here before but the cup match against Fulham 4-3 when he score the last minute winner absolutely sent me nuts, love the bloke so much 

His goal at Bolton when we won the championship sent me mental. I live in Bolton and a lot of my mates are wanderers fans so it was nice to win the league on their ground! 

46 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Felt sad that he wasn't given another year and got to play for us in the premier league. To have been with us since league 1, he earned that opportunity.

I know he rejected our offer as it was only 1 year but he deserved a 2 year deal.

He did when you think we've just rewarded Ulloa with precisely that!

Better than Gray :ph34r:

...as a fully formed beautiful man with lots of success with us lol (hopefully Demi will get there :thumbup:)

in all seriousness, top bloke, it's been good over a few topics to see how many felt the same as i did when he left - gutted, for an extra year on his contract we could've seen what he was like in the Prem - and i'm sure he'd have been a revelation with his pace and strength, such a shame - but glad to see he's doing well at a decent club like Burton

9 hours ago, Corky said:

Defenders and the whole ground knew what he was going to do, still did it, still beat them on the outside.

So predictable yet so entertaining.

And that's it. How many players with pace do you see who don't even use it. It's what's holding back the national team more than anything else imo; not utilising the fact we have the most physical team in world football (in terms of pace and power).

Lloyd played to his strengths. And he got better and better. Love that man

Watched Burton's game against Birmingham the other week. Getting all sorts of stick from their fans at 1-0 down, ends up scoring the winner and running the length of the pitch with his arms outstretched shouting at the away end. Absolute hero.

Both of his goals against Bolton in 2013/14 were pretty special.

Born and bred in Burton (my dad, Granddad and all my family from Leicester before you start the plastic shite :)) so really pleased he ended up at Burton.  Was a real favourite, I genuinely think that I would have let him plough the absolute sh1t out of me for a good few seasons back there.  X

While watching the highlights, I found myself shouting out in celebration when Lloydy scored the consolation yesterday, loved Lloyd!

Memory of last season was walking to the Sevilla stadium and singing Lloyd will Tear you apart again" with a group of fellow fans :scarf:

Lloyd was really one bright spark and a huge part of turning this club's fortunes around. Will always remember him with a big smile. It still saddens me, that him and the club couldn't find each other, so we could have unleashed the Lloyd on the Premier League.

Archived