Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
09bballer

Carabao 4th round draw - Leeds (H)

If Leeds do well in the games before this one, they'll be up for this.

Has the potential to be one of the best atmospheric games with their fans known for being very loyal and supportive - After the Cellino fiasco that they had to go through, they look more secure as a club and their current standing may not make this game a 'walk in the park' one.

27 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If Leeds do well in the games before this one, they'll be up for this.

Has the potential to be one of the best atmospheric games with their fans known for being very loyal and supportive - After the Cellino fiasco that they had to go through, they look more secure as a club and their current standing may not make this game a 'walk in the park' one.

Should be a good game I think 

2 minutes ago, vanity said:

They will be a competent, confident side, but they shouldn't be a problem. The talent gap is enormous.

So it should be but you're not messing around with the Leeds of the past here we have sorted our shit out.

but we probably won't be playing a strong team but our second squad is decent and probably better than our 1st squad last season.

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

I'd have been more concerned if Chris Wood was still up front for you tbh. 

Wood is a good player but we have lots more attacking options now.

plenty of time for them to gel and get fitness.

you probably will knock us out but who knows.

3 hours ago, John lufc said:

So it should be but you're not messing around with the Leeds of the past here we have sorted our shit out.

but we probably won't be playing a strong team but our second squad is decent and probably better than our 1st squad last season.

Don't get me wrong, this is a very winnable game for Leeds. But we get it at home, and with any luck we'll be a bit healthier, and even though we will only play 2-3 regular starters, we should have a team filled with players no worse than avg in the Prem. 

But if you are mistaken, and Leeds trots out their starting side, that could give us trouble -- lack of cohesion and all that vs. a side accustomed to playing together might be tough. 

If I had to guess, I expect we'll start:

Slimani

Okazaki (I hope, or possibly Iheanacho)

Demari Gray/Vicente Iborra/Matty James/Marc Albrighton

Ben Chilwell/Dragovic/Robert Huth/Daniel Amartey

In that scenario, we'd be starting one starter, Albrighton, if we have Silva in the fold. If you have a left wing good at crosses, you will have the recipe for beating our defense. Sad but true, our back-up RB kinda sucks with his spacing, tends to leave wings much too much space. 

I have to laugh at people thinking these will be a pushover.

Leeds have indeed sorted their shit out in the summer under Radrizzani and can rely on a number of attacking options, such as Lasogga, Hernandez, Saiz, Alioski, Roofe, Sacko, Cibicki, Grot.

They aren't top of the league for no reason. If you think their defense is weak, remember that they hadn't conceded for five straight matches before the Millwall away game.

We better make sure we're well-prepared. Looking forward to a sold-out King Power Stadium. Hope it'll be rocking like it did when Steve Howard scored that header a few years back.

Well I remember going to a home League cup tie against We are Leeds 

16 years ago and we lost 6-0 .......... so let's not get too cocky.

Mind you Leeds did have the likes of Rio Ferdinand, Harry Kewell and Viduka.

Also Savage, Dennis Wise and Lee Bowyer were playing ..... can't get much nastier than that !! 

Tough draw? Potential banana skin?

What year is this?

Billy Bremner and Johnny Giles are long retired. Allan Clarke doesn't play for them anymore. We've just won the Prem title.

Any lower division team at home and we should be licking our lips at definite qualification. It's going to get tougher than this - and we need to win the cup this season.

City 4 -1 (Slimani to bag another double and maintain his scoring in every round).

btw Shouldn't Spurs be forced to play at least one round away from home. Now that their home ground is Wembley they have an unfair advantage if they make the final.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

I have to laugh at people thinking these will be a pushover.

Leeds have indeed sorted their shit out in the summer under Radrizzani and can rely on a number of attacking options, such as Lasogga, Hernandez, Saiz, Alioski, Roofe, Sacko, Cibicki, Grot.

They aren't top of the league for no reason. If you think their defense is weak, remember that they hadn't conceded for five straight matches before the Millwall away game.

We better make sure we're well-prepared. Looking forward to a sold-out King Power Stadium. Hope it'll be rocking like it did when Steve Howard scored that header a few years back.

Agreed, Leeds are under no pressure unlike Liverpool and if we play like we did in the first half we will get a good spanking for sure. 

8 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

Schmeichel 

Simpson 

Maguire 

Morgan

Fuchs

Gray 

Ndidi

Iborra

Mahrez 

Okazaki

Slimani 

I have some people on the wrong side I think but you get the idea. 

This cup tie is sandwiched in between Swansea and Everton, so no chance the likes of Mahrez and Schmeichel will play.

Archived