Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Nigel Pearson working for KP again

Just now, Max Power said:

Surprised he's taken the job on one hand, but on the other he knows the owners well and maybe a change of scenery might be more palatable than a three month stint in league one. Good luck to him. 

The owners are smart and I reckon they've only really seen what he's worth in hindsight. If Pearson were to come back here what are the chances that a bunch of our players would get rimmed by Thai prozzies and Whatsapp it to their mates? 50/50? I like those odds.

9 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Love the quote from top that says NP has good people skills, i love NP but surely that was his achilles heel?

He obviously has people skills because the players loved him. I think he choose the siege mentality route with the journalists. But whatever, i'm glad he's back in the game but would be surprised to see him back here in any capacity. Although, i'd probably welcome it, i'm an NP fan.  

Can't live with him.... can't live without him

I thought that np was unhappy with the thais being tough with his lad over the bangkok incident.  So does anyone know how they got over it?  Surely np didn't  admit he was wrong?  Que press man asking him for a view on how the thais dealt with it etc

Putting that aside ... np will build a great club for them.

His tactics were sometimes  a bit fixed.... but maybe he has learnt something.

I expect him to be back at lcfc as soon as shakey has four losses in a row

Edited by foxinsocks

19 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Love the quote from top that says NP has good people skills, i love NP but surely that was his achilles heel?

The Mercury translation has that quote down as "man management skills". Which I'd wholeheartedly agree with, he's the best out there at man management and building a club from the ground up. Sadly I think he is more than a bit dodgy tactically, which is why I'm not sure I'd definitely have him back.

Plus I think Pearson hasn't got the best relationship with a couple of our players (Simo and Albrighton?) because he was on the verge of binning them before he got sacked. I imagine Kasper is over the moon at this news though, he is a massive fan of both our owners and Pearson. 

• Like 2

This certainly seems like a stepping stone towards bringing him back one day, as it's appears NP and the owners have clearly resolved any differences that they may have previously had. I wouldn't be too surprised to see NP back within the next 2 years, and given the amount of stick Walsh has been getting from the Everton fans recently don't believe it to be inconceivable that we could see the dream team reunited. 

I'm made up for him - good old nige. Back as part of the team. Great news also for the manufacturers of giant white trainers. NFP gonna be back stalking the pitch side with a pair of hi-tec bad boys ready to throttle any opposing workmanlike midfielders. Also ready to step back to LCFC if and when we need him!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Only as the away manager I hope.

People wanting him back here when they're complaining about Shakespeare's tactics is absolutely astonishing.

Not saying he is perfect, but by the end of Pearson's reign, after his first ever season in the Premiership and learning from his mistakes, what parts of his tactics, specifically, do you take issue with?

57 minutes ago, Strokes said:

He's a people person but not a bloke shoving a microphone in his face asking a provocative question when the spotlight is on him person.